Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell - People Magazine Dec. 18th Issue NEW!

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Glen Campbell Commemorative Edition (PEOPLE)

Post by Dee »

Now you're talking, Cowpoke! Trading! A win/win for fans!
As long as you don't ask for the Weekly Reader.... :)
Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Dee I will check the Mojo magazine. Maybe we can do a trade? :)

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, Ar!

Thanks so much for checking about the Mojo Nov. issue.
I had opened the sealed copy of PEOPLE before the magazines hit the grocery stores!

It has been a long, long time since a magazine totally dedicated to Glen Campbell was published, hasn't it? I am certain you remember the TV Mirror magazine published around 1969 with GC's life story and many early photos. Each chapter was named after a city Glen had lived in; very clever. Also, another fan magazine was published in 1969 with a press photo for "True Grit" on the front cover and a lengthy article with photos that summarized the film's story. However, I don't think the TG magazine was completely dedicated to TG because I had cut the front cover and article from my copy of the magazine to clip into a GC scrapbook. Aarrrrggg!!! Now, I wish I hadn't cut up the mag. Still, I feel fortunate to have that article. (I did the same thing with the two TV Guide covers with GC and a couple of the later People magazine covers/articles.) Were there any other magazines dedicated entirely to GC during his career?

Here's a magazine story for you...at the start of a school day in 1969, either in May or June, I walked into my elementary school classroom and saw that every desktop had a copy of the latest Weekly Reader (an educational magazine for children) on it. I walked over to my desk, picked up my copy of the Weekly Reader and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the front cover; Glen's picture was on it! My idol! He was pictured with John Wayne and Kim Darby from a scene in "True Grit". The magazine had an article in it about the film as well as other non-True Grit articles. When I think about this Weekly Reader now, it surprises me that True Grit was being pitched to children because of the violence in the movie. On the other hand, it just goes to show that True Grit was a huge film in 1969, heavily publicized and very popular.

Fortunately, this magazine was safe from my scissors. I still have my intact copy. ;)

Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

I have no clue what he spent on the magazines but for $5.00 you can't go wrong! What he told me is it's better to get something, than nothing. Also, Dee, I have an opened copy that I read and also bought one to keep sealed. If that one makes your second copy, it makes sense to keep it. For those that spent the $15.00 on it, than I probably would return it...Remember, after this production run, there will be no more and 2 to 1 they will go for a fortune on EBay!!

Regarding the Mojo-November Issue--Matt doesn't have any--got a reply this morning. He said regards to all the Glen folks!
Ar

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks, arlw!

Good grief, $5. I wonder what is his cost per magazine? Even at $5. he must be making a few bucks to make it worth his time to sell it.

I am stuck with an extra PEOPLE mag purchased at full price for someone who later decided he did not want it, he didn't think the special edition mag was all that great.
Here's hoping the grocery store will allow me to return it.

Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

I will ask him Dee.....Matt has reduced the price of the PEOPLE MAGAZINE TO $5.00!!!! This magazine is supposed to stock until December, but because it is a TRIBUTE Magazine, they only stock UNTIL GONE. Dec. is the last time when it can be sold and then they will remove them, but trust me, they won't last until that long! Get em' while you can as once they are sold out/gone, they will not be re-stocked!! For $5.00, from this dealer is awesome! I will email him about the MOJO for you.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Great buy, arlw!
When we grocery shopped this week, the store had sold out.
Maybe they will get more in because this mag is supposed to be stocked on shelves until early December.
If you chat with Matt again, could you ask him if he will be selling the November issue of Mojo?
Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/People-Special- ... Ciid%253A1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check it out----If you haven't bought the People Magazine--they are now 1/2 off!! For 8.00 and remember when they are gone, there are no more.

arlw

Post by arlw »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/People-Special- ... Swz2tZpx08" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This dealer Matt was able to obtain some more magazines for all of us and he dropped his price too.

arlw

Post by arlw »

Right off the hot presses. For those that are still looking/hunting this guy on eBay has MORE copies of Glen, so if you want them, they are here!!