Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Best of Glen Campbell on YouTube

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
dee2

Re: Glen Campbell on YouTube

Post by dee2 »

Cowpoke wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:27 am
Well maybe that but also because Glen's career was formed in LA. He recorded all of his albums there. Only in 1981 did he move to Phoenix and from 1983 on he started recording in Nashville (the Letter to Home album was the first one recorded in Nashville). So that has something to do with it too I guess.
Good point, Cowpoke. I had forgotten about the great divide between West Coast Country and East Coast Country!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

dee2 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:05 am BTW, this show took place in the 1990s, I believe. Glen's debut appearance on the Opry stage was not until November 1983. Was this late debut because Glen had not been considered a "country" singer?

Well maybe that but also because Glen's career was formed in LA. He recorded all of his albums there. Only in 1981 did he move to Phoenix and from 1983 on he started recording in Nashville (the Letter to Home album was the first one recorded in Nashville). So that has something to do with it too I guess.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Randy

Post by Randy »

Oh yes no doubt excellent video. Glen was such a pro. Always brought the A game. Loved the little silly humor joke about Phoenix being hip. Countless times he delivered those type of jokes at the shows I went to and ev1 loved them. Other people try something like that and it probably won't work.

And watched the video of Glen's gravesite. Nice to see all the kindness of Steve and the Campbell's to allow folks to come and give their respects to the Great Glen Campbell.

Thanks for the uploads Dee!

dee2

Post by dee2 »

Hi Randy! Thanks so much for posting your super video finds! Loved watching all that you posted!

Here's another new vid on the tube.....

"Glen Campbell live at the Opry! plus Jack Greene, Connie Smith and Johnny Russell. Full Show!"
("New Hillbilly" channel)

This HD quality video includes Glen Campbell's appearance onstage at the Grand Ole Opry (starting at around 13 minutes). Glen performs "Rhinestone Cowboy" and "By The Time I Get To Phoenix". He is also seen a little later in the show when Minnie Pearl is announced as guest on the following week's show. Glen lights up the stage and his performance of Phoenix is especially beautiful, I think. This clip used to be on YouTube but in poor quality. It is worth another look in the HD format!

BTW, this show took place in the 1990s, I believe. Glen's debut appearance on the Opry stage was not until November 1983. Was this late debut because Glen had not been considered a "country" singer?

dee2

Post by dee2 »

:arrow: https://youtu.be/mVqwnMc1E5M

Thanks, jay! Thank goodness I don't have to put an "R" rating on the Amos Moses vid!
I surely misunderstood Jerry's ending words ("talking clap").

Neil Sedaka had the right idea. Thanks for sharing his explanation from the concert you had attended!

No ending, no ending.......

:D

jay

Post by jay »

Son!
"yall can clap, we're through now"

It is interesting to watch how artists end songs that, on the record, fade out.

When I saw Neil Sedaka...he, at the end of Sweet 16, said, while still playing "I could never figure out an end to these records, so I just faded away"...then at the end of the rest of the fading songs, would say "no ending, no ending" and end them...while everyone laughed.

https://youtu.be/WfAsz_VvWtk?t=2m16s

dee2

Post by dee2 »

Two more videos now on YT that fans may enjoy:

Jerry Reed & Glen Campbell Killer Cover of Poison Love
Goodtime Glen and Crazy Jerry sing and play "Poison Love" (by Elmer Laird), a "fretting" ballad about failed love, guilt, shame and blame. Look for Steve Hardin (writer of Campbell's hit song "I Love My Truck", Waylon Jennings' "Breakin' Down" and many other chart makers), rockin' on the keyboard.
https://youtu.be/a-5AMu7P1sI

Glen Campbell_Jerry Reed_and Gator-gcf2.jpg
Glen Campbell_Jerry Reed_and Gator-gcf2.jpg (19.61 KiB) Viewed 32377 times
Jerry Reed & Glen Campbell Rap Funky Cajun Swamp Rock Song
"Here come the Amos!" Goodtime Glen & Mister Whiz Jerry demo their guitar chops on a funky, rap-like Cajun swamp rock song "Amos Moses" (by Jerry) about a mean Louisiana swamp alligator hunter who defies the law and traps gators for their skins. Isn't it kinda mind boggling to consider that the same person (Jerry Reed, real name Jerry Hubbard) also wrote the spiritual song "Today is Mine"? Now that's talent and versatility for you! P.S. No Animals (Gators) were Harmed in the Making of this Performance.
https://youtu.be/-Yj604IsSJ4

Question: what does Jerry say at the end of this song? Something about "talking clap with her now"?

dee2

Post by dee2 »

Glen Campbell and Jerry Reed-gcf-2.jpg
Glen Campbell and Jerry Reed-gcf-2.jpg (53.68 KiB) Viewed 32299 times

Two new videos are now up on my personal channel that fans of Glen Campbell and Jerry Reed may enjoy.
Similar clips are already up on other YT channels but are only VHS quality.

Jerry Reed & Glen Campbell Unleashed! "Pick that thing, son!"
Jerry & Glen: Red-Hot Pickers on "Mule Skinner Blues"!!! These red-hot pickers are joined by the multi-talented STEVE HARDIN on harmonica for an unleashed, phenomenal performance!

at: https://youtu.be/1zonRM6pQsw

and

Jerry Reed / Glen Campbell's Rockabilly Riffs, Licks & Tricks
If country music is basically "three chords and the truth,"* then Glen and Jerry far exceed this definition with their masterful rockabilly, if not rock, performance of "The Guitar Man". They pull some mean guitar-slaying tricks out of their bags and show us that they've left country music at the curb! (*country music quote attributed to Harlan Howard)

at: https://youtu.be/I3TnlaU1LTQ

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Jimmy Osmond with Glen Campbell
Jimmy Osmond playing golf in Branson, Missouri with Glen Campbell & presenting Glen jamming with guitar pickers Jim Stafford and Ronnie Prophet for Branson Jubilee.
From the "osmondvideo" channel on YT

Shared by arlw! Thank you!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

GLEN CAMPBELL & CARL JACKSON: Two masters on one video!

From the 'Carl Jackson' channel on youtube: