Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

The Wrecking Crew - Documentary Film

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: The Wrecking Crew - Documentary Film

Post by Dee »

TWC_Banner_Latest News_GCF.png
TWC_Banner_Latest News_GCF.png (14.69 KiB) Viewed 6255 times
Project Updates as of February 9, 2015:

"The Wrecking Crew" The Untold Story of Rock & Roll Heroes by Denny Tedesco
Film Release, DVD/Download, and the Latest Grammy Win!

Posted by Denny Tedesco

I finally have a date for the DVD/Download date. Magnolia pictures is releasing the DVD on June 16th. Again I apologize for the delay. (If you were a Kickstarter supporter and haven't checked, please make sure your name is on the website under kickstarter supporters.) We are closing in on the DVD production phase. http://www.wreckingcrewfilm.com/kickstarter.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (ITS FIRST NAMES FIRST UNDER THE CONTRIBUTION)

The best news of the evening is the song, "I'm Not Gonna Miss You", won a grammy tonight for best country song. This is the final song in the wonderful documentary about Glen's farewell tour. The song was recorded with Hal Blaine, Joe Osborn, and Don Randi on piano. How fitting to have another grammy under all of their belts. Congrats to all of them.

http://theboot.com/glen-campbell-im-not ... bshare_top" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am trying to get as much publicity as possible to blow this film out. Small or big, I'm going for it. It was originally going to open in 5 cities but the buzz on the film that was created by all of you is helping it more. We are at nearly 30 cities.

Below is a schedule of the release of the film. It is being released in various cities around North America first. It opens in Canada on February 20th and in the States on March 13th. Please tell your friends. It is also on ITUNES and various VOD platforms.

February 20th
Toronto, Canada- Bloor Cinema
Vancouver- Vancity
Halifax, NS: Carbon Arc Cinema Co-op

March 11th
Hamilton, ON: Art Gallery Of Hamilton
Saint John, NB: TIFF Film Circuit

March 13th
Cambridge, MA: Kendall Square Cinema 9
Denver, CO: Mayan Theatre
New York, NY: IFC Center 5
Santa Ana, CA: South Coast Village 3
Tucson- The Loft Cinema
West Los Angeles, CA: Nuart Theatre

March 20th

Jefferson City, MO: Capitol City Cinema
San Diego, CA: Ken Cinema
Santa Fe, NM: Jean Cocteau Cinema

March 27th
Berkeley, CA: Shattuck Cinemas 10
Gainesville, FL: Hippodrome - Gainesville
Phoenix, AZ: FilmBar
San Francisco, CA: Opera Plaza Cinemas 4
San Luis Obispo, CA: Palm Cinema
Seattle, WA: SIFF Cinema at the Uptown

April 3rd
Palm Desert, CA: Cinemas Palme D'Or 7
Spokane, WA: Magic Lantern Theatre

April 8th
Baton Rouge, LA: Manship Theatre

April 9th
Wichita, KS: Orpheum Theater

April 10th
Fort Worth, TX: Modern Art Museum of Forth Worth

April 13th
Bethlehem, PA: ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks

April 14th
Springfield, MO: Moxie Cinema 2

April 20th
Lafayette, LA: Acadiana Center for the Arts

April 24th
Albuquerque, NM: Guild

# # #

Dee

Post by Dee »

filmstrip.latestnews.png
filmstrip.latestnews.png (14.69 KiB) Viewed 6373 times
A message from Denny Tedesco, Filmmaker, "The Wrecking Crew":

Dear Wrecking Crew Family and Friends,

Happy Happy New Year!!

I know you've all been waiting patiently for the news of the Wrecking Crew Release. We are proud to announce that Magnolia Pictures has picked up the film for distribution.

Magnolia will release the film as a limited theatrical release and VOD (Video on Demand) at the same time. As you can see, Magnolia has produced the newest poster for the film (in a prior post below). You should also check out the newest cut of the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX5BCgm ... l=84637285" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone that is (reading this post) made this all happen. If you donated, saw the film, bought merchandise, told someone about the film or just signed on for info; that made the difference. We showed them that there is an audience for this film. It took years, but we all did it.

After 18 years, the film will finally be seen to a wider audience. On February 20th, the film will be open at the Bloor Cinema Theater Toronto, Canada.

On March 13th, we will be opening in New York at the IFC Center in New York and in Los Angeles at the NUART Theater.

Other theaters will be announced as soon as they are booked.

The Kickstarter DVDs and downloads will be sent soon after the theatrical release runs its course. As I said to many of you before, I apologize for the wait and still can't figure out why I gave myself a 6 month window to deliver the DVDs. I'm still finishing up the last paperwork.

The theatrical release by a company like Magnolia is a thrill for a filmmaker. Even though the film will live on DVD and digitally forever, there is still that thrill of seeing the film with an audience or group. Ask anyone that has seen the film.

I'm conducting a contest for those who want to see the film in their local theater. My goal is to show Magnolia where our audiences are. You don't have to be a big city for us to bring the film to you.

Just give us your zip code and email and we will push for a screening in your hometown. If your town is chosen we will randomly pick 2 tickets for opening at that theater. Follow this link, and enter your zip code in the body of the email message: http://www.wreckingcrewfilm.com/zipcode.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Below is our latest and last outtake before the DVD is released. This is the story of the making of Frank Sinatra's "Strangers in the Night," as told by three of the musicians that were there that day -- Hal Blaine, Michel Rubini, and Jim Horn.
outtake.sinatra.png
outtake.sinatra.png (42.38 KiB) Viewed 6373 times
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUTTAKE: http://www.wreckingcrewfilm.com/sinatra/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [Edited: No longer available at this URL.]

Now lets blow them away and spread the word.

Take care and happy and healthy New Year.
Denny Tedesco

As of January 21st, these are the cities/theaters that have booked The Wrecking Crew.
Other theaters will be announced as soon as they are booked.
tower150.png
tower150.png (22.4 KiB) Viewed 6373 times
January 31, 2015 7:00PM
TOWER THEATER
835 NW Wall Street
Bend, OR 97709

2/20/2015
Toronto, ON: Bloor Hot Docs Cinema
Vancouver, BC: VanCity

3/13/2015
Cambridge, MA: Kendall Square Cinema 9
New York, NY: IFC Center 5
West Los Angeles, CA: Nuart Theatre

3/20/2015
San Diego, CA: Ken Cinema
Santa Fe, NM: Jean Cocteau Cinema

3/27/2015
Berkeley, CA: Shattuck Cinemas 10
San Francisco, CA: Opera Plaza Cinemas 4
San Luis Obispo, CA: Palm Cinema

4/3/2015
Palm Desert, CA: Cinemas Palme D'Or 7

4/9/2015
Wichita, KS: Orpheum Theater

# # #

Dee

Post by Dee »

Will Cleveland, "Rock Hall City", see "The Wrecking Crew"? Vote to bring the doc to Cleveland!

See: http://www.cleveland.com/music/index.ss ... ntary.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Includes photo of Glen and two other Wrecking Crew members, Don Randi and Hal Blaine, in 2008 -- as well as the doc's official video, which was previously posted here.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Below is a copy of a letter from Denny Tedesco sent yesterday to all of his supporters on Kickstarter. (Many supporters donated at the "DVD gift level", The Wrecking Crew documentary DVD being the thank you gift.)
Good information to the commonly asked question, "Where's the DVD?" [Don't miss the film's official film trailer posted below this post.]

Where is my DVD?

Posted by Denny Tedesco

Hi,

I know its been two months since the last update, but I didn't want to bother you until I knew something. Too many emails can irritate.

We are getting closer and closer. Magnolia Pictures who picked up the film is releasing the film theatrically in the US on March 13th. At this point it is booked in NYC at the IFC and at the NUART in Santa Monica. It will be opening in Toronto on February 20th. If you are in the Bend OR area, I will be there on January 31st for a sneak preview in Bend.

How does that effect the DVDs. I know many of you were upset that the DVD didn't make it out quicker. I take all the blame for that. I underestimated the time it would take to finalize the music licensing and distribution details. Why I said 6 months from the point of the end of KS was naive on my part. I"m also the same person that took 18 years to get the film finished.

The other piece that controlled the release on DVD was the theatrical release. We always knew we would have to wait to release it theatrically before we could release a DVD. A DVD would have killed any chance of that happening. The theatrical release gives the film a better chance of finding a bigger audience because of the interest in press and all the publicity channels out there.

The release of the DVD is in Magnolias hands at this point. There is no reason for them to delay it. This is where they will be able to make their money. I have no reason to delay it. I need it out more than anyone.

As soon as I know when we have a date, I will let you all know.

Please take a look at the Wrecking Crew Website to make sure your name is on the support page in the Kickstarter section. http://www.wreckingcrew.tv/kickstarter.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am creating the DVD chapter for the supporters and want to make sure you are listed.

... Please hang in there and thank you again for your help. ...

We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you.

Denny

Dee

Post by Dee »

See the NEW Official Trailer for The Wrecking Crew Documentary!!! Watch for Glen!!!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Oh, siblis, I forgot to mention...the new poster should be available. Per a representative of "The Wrecking Crew", they will have both posters.
The original poster is available online now. The documentary poster should be available, too. Stay tuned.

:arrow: Enter your zip code and email address at this site to ask for a screening in your hometown! See: http://wreckingcrewfilm.com/zipcode" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let The Wrecking Team know that you want to see the documentary! (Can you imagine seeing this doc in a theater with surround sound?!) Go for it!

Dee

# # #

Dee

Post by Dee »

I can't believe it either...a project that Denny Tedesco began with a short film of his Dad, Tommy Tedesco, in 1995.
Finally, the story of the great Tommy Tedesco and other A-list session musicians--including Glen Campbell--will be told to the world.

siblis, I believe the Wrecking Crew book that you are referring to was written by Kent Hartman: The Wrecking Crew: The Inside Story of Rock and Roll's Best-Kept Secret. A great read!

siblis

Post by siblis »

I can't believe that this finally coming out, I think the Book was released like 2 yrs ago......Dee, you see any posters, or promo items yet?

Dee

Post by Dee »

An official poster for The Wrecking Crew documentary film!

Available on iTunes, On Demand, and In Theatres March 13th. [Click on image once to enlarge viewing window.]
The Wrecking Crew_Documentary_Official Poster.jpg
The Wrecking Crew_Documentary_Official Poster.jpg (199.75 KiB) Viewed 6312 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

"Wrecking Crew documentary coming to theaters"

Good background article with a flashback photo of Carol Kaye and Bill Pittman in the studio.

http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2015/ ... tary_2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<<<Check out the Wrecking Crew video with Glen below!>>>