Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

The Wrecking Crew - Documentary Film

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: The Wrecking Crew - Documentary Film

Post by Dee »

The Wrecking Crew_DVD Release_gcf.jpg
The Wrecking Crew_DVD Release_gcf.jpg (102.98 KiB) Viewed 5258 times
An update from Denny Tedesco...

Dear old and new friends of the Wrecking Crew,

I am sending this note out to all of you who have waited patiently for the DVD to be released. After an amazing theatrical run, I am thrilled to share the next chapter of the WC and have some words of thanks to share with you.

The DVD has been sent out and should be arriving in your mailbox on or about June 16th (to Kickstarter purchasers and to those of you who pre-ordered through online retailers. It is not clear to me whether or not the Kickstarter DVD will have two discs.--Dee)

A big thank you to our distributor, Magnolia Pictures, who have given us the opportunity to create over 6 hours of bonus material and outtakes. As I have mentioned in the past, I wish I could have put more on the disc but ran out of time and room. However, I will continue feeding you new out takes on our website as well as news about some of the greatest musicians I have ever met.

I want to thank every musician, artist, engineer, and producer that I had the pleasure to interview during the last 19 years whether their interview made it in to the film or not.

I thank the record labels and publishers who came through when others said it was impossible.

I thank my producers and film crew who gave their time and expertise over many years to help shape this film.

I thank my friends who may have thought I'd lost my mind but still didn't discourage the dream. (Maybe I lost a few brain cells).

I thank the fans of the musicians and the film that encouraged me not to quit when we hit roadblocks. There were many times when I was feeling disheartened and finding it difficult to keep up my enthusiasm to keep going, when I would receive emails from complete strangers who would tell me stories about my father that I'd never heard before. Those letters inspired and reinvigorated me, proving to me that I had to keep going and see this project through to the end and that it could be done. Many of us have lost loved ones over these 19 years and the music will always remind us of those who have passed.

I thank our sponsors, donors, and Kickstarter fans that helped us reach this day.

A special thank you goes to my family who has endured this long and arduous journey with me; To my brother Damon who continues to be there at all times of the day and night and to my sister, Desiree who continues to teach her big brother. And to my children, Isabella and Rafael who were born into the WC project. I hope that one day they'll be as lucky as I was to have the support of family and friends to reach their dreams and ambitions.

But we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for two ladies. My mother, Carmie who never let my father, Tommy Tedesco give up his dream of being the greatest session guitarist in the world and to my wife, Suzie who never gave up on me or the film. Without the two of them, this film would never have seen the light of day.

I was thrilled to see that the new biopic film about Brian Wilson, 'Love & Mercy' features session musicians including Hal Blaine, Carol Kaye, Lyle Ritz and others.

If you are in Hollywood on Tuesday, June 16th, Hal Blaine, and Don Randi will be signing DVDs at Amoeba Records at 6pm. DVDs and Blu-rays will be on sale at the store.

I will be traveling to release the film in Great Britain (beginning) on June 25th in London.

06/25/2015
London
England
ArtHouse Cinema, Crouch End Q&A

06/26/2015 - 07/02/2015
London
England
Picturehouse Central

06/26/2015 - 07/02/2015
Sheffield
England
Showroom

06/26/2015
Dublin
Ireland
Irish Film Institute

06/26/2015
Glasgow
Scotland
Glad Cafe

06/29/2015
Nottingham
England
Broadway

06/30/2015
London
England
ArtHouse Cinema, Crouch End

06/30/2015
London
England
Olympic Barnes Q&A

07/02/2015
Bury St. Edmunds
England
Abbeygate Cinema

07/02/2015
London
England
ArtHouse Cinema, Crouch End

07/02/2015
London
England
Everyman Hampstead Q&A

07/08/2015
Manchester
England
Home

07/10/2015
Bristol
England
Watershed

07/10/2015 - 07/15/2015
Cardiff
England
Chapter Arts Centre Cinema

07/17/2015 - 07/23/2015
Wolverhampton
England
Lighthouse

07/24/2015 - 07/28/2015
Derby
England
Quad

07/29/2015 - 07/30/2015
Aberdeen
Scotland
Belmont Filmhouse

08/07/2015 - 08/08/2015
Dumfries
Scotland
Robert Burns Centre Film Theatre

The film continues to play in various theaters in North America.

06/19/2015
Lincoln
NE
Mary R. Ross Film Theater

06/26/2015
Vineyard Haven
MA
Martha's Vineyard Film Center

06/27/2015
North Charleston
SC
Park Circle Film Society

07/21/2015
Macon
GA
Douglass Theatre

08/06/2015
Auburn
CA
Auburn Placer Performing Ars Center - State Theatre

09/30/2015
Loveland
CO
Rialto Theater

We want to thank Zildjian for donating a signed cymbal of Hal Blaine to help us celebrate June 16th release. We will announce the winner on Tuesday when Hal is signing at Amoeba. All you have to do is enter your email and name here.

# # #

Dee

Post by Dee »

'Wrecking Crew' clip reveals lost Beach Boy
USA Today
June 15, 2015

Outtake from The Wrecking Crew:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movi ... /28782585/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell Tells His Favorite Musician Joke From ‘The Wrecking Crew’ [Exclusive Premiere]
Taste of Country
By Sterling Whitaker
June 15, 2015

Watch this Glen Campbell "joke outtake" at: http://tasteofcountry.com/glen-campbell ... rew-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D

Dee

Post by Dee »

The book, Sound Explosion, that was recently released as an out spring of The Wrecking Crew documentary is excellent, I think.
Lots of photos of Glen Campbell, a section devoted to him as a session guitarist, quotes by and about Glen throughout the book, and he wrote the book's afterward.
An almost full page photo of Glen with The Champs.
Detailed coverage of other session players and the music of the sixties.
I skimmed through it quickly and noticed that some photos are not labeled with names/years. Still, it is probably the best "photo album" of its kind.

Dee

Post by Dee »

TWC_May Update_GCF.jpg
TWC_May Update_GCF.jpg (146.31 KiB) Viewed 5088 times
An update from Denny Tedesco with GREAT NEWS FOR GLEN CAMPBELL FANS INCLUDING FANS IN THE U.K.!!!

Wrecking Crew Film News - DVD/Blu-Ray Release Date: June 16

Dear Wrecking Crew Friends and Family,

We are coming close to the final chapter of the Wrecking Crew Documentary journey. Nearly 19 years to the day that we set off to tell the story about session musicians in Los Angeles in the 1960s, the film has been a huge success in theaters around North America, as well as iTunes and VOD Rentals.

Magnolia Pictures has agreed to add over 6 hours of additional material for the DVD & Blu-ray release. This is very rare for a film to be released with so many extras. I realize now that the delay of the DVD release has been a blessing in disguise, because it gave us time to cut more material and even license more music for the DVD stories. Both formats have the same content

Over the years, I tried to record as much history as I could. My only regret is that we couldn't fit all the interviews on the out-take reel, but I'm sure I'll find other ways of getting the material out there!

Here are a few of the artists, engineers, and musicians that are included in the additional material: Bill Medley, Petula Clark, Dean Torrence, Barry McGuire, Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis of 5th Dimension, Armin Steiner, Al Schmitt, Gold Star Engineers, Glen Campbell, Leon Russell, Snuff Garrett, Don Randi, Ron Hicklin, Emil Richards, Gary Coleman and so many more.

The DVD & Blue-Ray will be released
in the US on JUNE 16TH!

Mothers Day may be too soon but Father's Day is around the corner. We are taking pre-orders for the DVD and Blu-ray on our site today. We are donating part of the proceeds to three music charities; Sweet Relief, MusiCares, & NAMM. We hope and encourage you to take a look at these charities to find out more of what they do for musicians and help them with their causes.

The film is currently still playing theatrically in many cities including Chicago, Nashville, Norfolk & Tacoma. On May 8th, I will be joined by a special guest for a Q&A in Fresno at the Tower Theater. If you're in the area, please stop by to say hello. The film returns to the Los Angeles area on May 15th at the Laemmle Town Center in Encino, CA. I will definitely be there for a Q&A. This is my home town and I hope to see some old friends (older?).

And now we are so excited to announce our UK premier on June 25th at the ArtHouse Cinema Crouch End. The film will be followed by a performance from our friend Mari Wilson who will be singing and paying homage to Dusty, Petula, Ronnie, Cilla, and many more. I can't wait to be there and share the film with our UK supporters. I know many of you have been waiting for a long time for it to reach England, so please make sure you buy those tickets early! Other UK cities will be announced soon.

"The Sound Explosion" is in and being sent out now!

"Sound Explosion: Inside L.A.'s Studio Factory with the Wrecking Crew" is the official companion book to the Magnolia Films documentary. Order yours today. [Visit: http://www.wreckingcrewfilm.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]

Featuring a foreword by Brian Wilson and afterword by Glen Campbell, Sound Explosion!: Inside L.A.'s Studio Factory with the Wrecking Crew, a new 12" x 12" album sized book, serves as the perfect companion to the Wrecking Crew film. Via exclusive interviews with members of the Wrecking Crew and artists including the Beach Boys, the Byrds, Cher, the Monkees, the Mamas & the Papas, the Righteous Brothers, Jackson 5, Jan & Dean, the Turtles, Paul Revere & the Raiders, the Grass Roots, the Ronettes, the Association, the 5th Dimension, the Carpenters, Herb Alpert and more.

Augmented with hundreds of rare photos, the book also features the back story behind the recording of more than 50 classic songs including "Good Vibrations," "California Dreamin'," "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling," "Mr. Tambourine Man," "Last Train to Clarksville," "River Deep-Mountain High," "Be My Baby," "California Girls," "Help Me, Rhonda," "I Got You Babe," "Wichita Lineman," "Bridge Over Troubled Water," "I Want You Back," "ABC" and "(They Long to Be) Close to You."

We've just started FACEBOOK FAN page for the book at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sound-Ex ... 9205497913" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Thank you again for all your incredible support. We are so grateful.

Denny

Dee

Post by Dee »

'The Wrecking Crew' Is About Much More Than The Beach Boys And Pet Sounds
Forbes
April 19, 2015
In book or documentary form, The Wrecking Crew wins for telling an amazing story about a great SoCal export. Looked at through a wider lens, the world around us is a teacher, and what took place in Los Angeles over 40 years ago is an economic story that renders the “dismal science” rather cheerful.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntamny/2 ... d-beatles/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

"The Wrecking Crew" general release DVD can now be pre-ordered for its June 16, 2015 release on amazon/U.S.
Look closely at the DVD cover. The film posters we have seen are nicely incorporated in the juke box photo!

Distributed by Magnolia Pictures
No copyright infringement intended

[Click on photo once to enlarge viewing window.]
The Wrecking Crew_Photo of Front of DVD_June 16, 2015_GCF.jpg
The Wrecking Crew_Photo of Front of DVD_June 16, 2015_GCF.jpg (122 KiB) Viewed 5105 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

Alternate poster for "The Wrecking Crew" documentary (below)
Distributed by Magnolia Pictures
No copyright infringement intended
Visit website for your local showtimes: http://www.magpictures.com/thewreckingcrew/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Watch on demand: http://www.magpictures.com/thewreckingcrew/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alternate Poster_The Wrecking Crew_Magnolia Pictures_GCF.jpg
Alternate Poster_The Wrecking Crew_Magnolia Pictures_GCF.jpg (116.71 KiB) Viewed 5088 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

The Wrecking Crew_Magnolia Pictures_2015.jpg
The Wrecking Crew_Magnolia Pictures_2015.jpg (49.21 KiB) Viewed 5070 times
"The Wrecking Crew" continues to receive great press coverage! I can't keep up with the reviews for "The Wrecking Crew" documentary especially now that it is being released in Canada! All good!

Here are a few:

Local in Wrecking Crew movie featured -- Joe Osborn joins Denny Tedesco on the film circuit
"I got to be friends with Glen Campbell, because I knew him way before he ever got anything going," he said. "We were both playing on demos for grocery money."--Joe Osborn
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/ne ... /70776028/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let's Get Wrecked
"...the most intriguing Wrecker, and the movie’s unofficial heroine, is bass guitar player Carol Kaye. As a woman in what was perceived as a male medium (although, she notes, a lot of women were playing jazz a decade earlier), herself the daughter of musicians, she got a gig playing back-up for Sam Cooke in 1957 and never looked back.

A merry woman with an infectious laugh (and a great look in the old footage, with her blonde hair and trademark big glasses), Kaye also had the chops for the work. It’s mentioned in passing that in her heyday she was supporting two kids and her mother. “Without a good bass line, the tune doesn’t pop,” says Plas Johnson. Like the downbeat to “The Beat Goes On,” which Kaye improvised on the spot, and which became the backbone of the song. “We learned how to play rock ’n’ roll right on the job,” she says.
http://www.gtweekly.com/index.php/santa ... ecked.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Long-awaited doc tells untold story of unsung music heroes in Wellfleet
“The Wrecking Crew” serves as a glorious time capsule of a bygone era, making it essential viewing for music and popular culture fans. For most Crew members, it may have been about money but it was never about fame. And watching this film, one gets the message that even more than money, it was about the craft and camaraderie.
http://provincetown.wickedlocal.com/art ... /150328166" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (2 pages)

Movie Review: 'The Wrecking Crew'
Alongside other great behind-the scenes docs like "Muscle Shoals" and "20 Feet From Stardom", "The Wrecking Crew" is an intimate visit with great story tellers and even greater musicians. Go see it on the big screen while you can. You'll never hear these old songs the same way again.
http://www.examiner.com/review/movie-re ... cking-crew" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

# # #

Dee

Post by Dee »

Detailed article about The Wrecking Crew in Record Collector News, March 2015:

http://recordcollectornews.com/2015/03/ ... king-crew/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;