Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I'm Not Gonna Miss You

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: I'm Not Gonna Miss You - Oscar Nomination?

Post by Dee »

Thanks for posting that last review, Cowpoke.
"Undernourished"? What is this word supposed to mean?
Also, I disagree with this reviewer's comment that I'm Not Gonna Miss You is a title that means a lot to viewers who have seen the documentary (as if it wouldn't mean much to those people who haven't seen the film; or am I taking the reviewer's comment the wrong way?).
Considering the limited release of I'll Be Me, relatively few people have been able to see this film as of this time.
On the other hand, we know from the song's video release on YouTube that (currently) 6,275,435 viewers have viewed this official video--thus it can be assumed that this is a song that means a lot to people who have seen the documentary AND it has significance for many other people who have not seen the documentary.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

79 Oscar-Eligible Songs: An Opinionated Guide to an Awesome Year for Movie Music

http://www.thewrap.com/79-oscar-eligibl ... vie-music/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“I’m Not Gonna Miss You” is a title that means a lot to viewers who’ve seen the documentary “Glen Campbell…I’m Still Here,” in which the song serves as a centerpiece of sorts. The way in which it sums up Campbell’s fight against Alzheimer’s will give extra clout to a song whose lyrics are touching but whose music feels a little undernourished.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Re: I'm Not Gonna Miss You - Grammy Nominations

Post by Dee »

The Envelope - Glen Campbell's 'I'm Not Gonna Miss You' in tight original song race
It seems every year, there's a song that proves transcendent. This year's has to be "I'm Not Gonna Miss You," surely one of the final recordings ever to be produced by country and pop icon Glen Campbell, from "I'll Be Me," the film documenting his response to his Alzheimer's diagnosis.
Check out the Glen Campbell caricature...Glen and guitar and film camera....

From: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mo ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Dee

Post by Dee »

Oscars: 'Let It Go' Is (Phew!) Gone as Coldplay, Glen Campbell Vie for Best Song
If sentiment counts -- and it often does -- the most formidable dark horse might be country-pop legend Glen Campbell's apparent swan song, "Not Gonna Miss You," which he co-wrote and recorded for the documentary I'll Be You before his Alzheimer's became more advanced. Only once has a song from a doc won (Melissa Etheridge's contribution to An Inconvenient Truth in 2006), so if this became the second, there would be ample cause for both tears and cheers.
From: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/o ... hew-751460" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(That's "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" and "I'll Be Me"~! [sigh] --Dee)

Dee

Post by Dee »

The post by Siblis made me curious about what it takes to get a film/song acknowledged and recognized by the Academy.
I agree, MIke, it is hugely complicated--I googled and found this article about last year's nominees and the nomination process:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 82711.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There are probably better articles out there, but this one popped up and caught my eye because of its mention of the millions it takes for a film just to get attention.
It's takes politics and money.
I do wonder if President Obama has seen I'll Be Me with consideration to his support to find a cure for Alz's.
Also, it takes exactly what James Keach, Trevor Albert, the Campbells, and others are doing now....they are OUT there and getting press attention for I'll Be Me, even though the distribution is limited at this time.
Still, independents have won and will continue to win. To name a few: Hurt Locker (which started at a small film festival located in my home town), Crash, The Artist, and The King's Speech.
I'm going off-topic here.
I wholeheartedly agree with Cowpoke and Randy's comments, too.
Winning an Oscar would be the "cream on the cake" -- and maybe John Wayne is looking out now for GC to get his Oscar. How sweet (and well-deserved!) an Oscar would be after Glen joked for years and years (including at Goodbye Tour concerts) about helping Wayne to win his only Oscar.

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Siblis, its a much more complicated business than I had realised. I assumed it would have a general release to see how it fared and then promoted globally if it was successful. Still I can't wait to see it, but I was hoping to see it at a cinema on the big screen, that would have been a great shared experience.

siblis

Post by siblis »

There needs to be a great deal of promoting involved here with this Documentary/Film, because of it's limited run & limited amount of Theaters that it will be shown in. There is guarentee that it will be picked up & shown anywhere else after the initial dates are over.

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

It certainly seems like the film is picking up a lot of momentum. I must say James Keach, Trevor Albert, Kim and the family are working very hard to make this film a success. They seem to be everywhere promoting and doing interviews. I never realised how much effort was needed, even after all the time and effort actually spent in its production.
As you guys are indicating there must be a great chance of an Oscar. wouldn't that be the cream on the cake. Fingers crossed.

Randy

Post by Randy »

Cowpoke,,,, Loved your "I will take a deep vow in front of my t.v." comment.

I'm with you on that,,, I will never ever forget to credit Julian Raymond

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

I sure hope your feeling is right Siblis. Thinking about it, they could also take home the Best Soundtrack Album Oscar, couldn't they? Yeah, I would settle for three Oscars! :)

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...