Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I'm Not Gonna Miss You

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: I'm Not Gonna Miss You - Oscar Nomination?

Post by Dee »

siblis, thanks so much for the "Glory" information. I listened to it tonight and learned that the verses are spoken, not sung.
I also learned that it was released in advance of the film's release, but couldn't find a date.
It is described as a protest anthem.
I am a big Oprah fan, so this is a film that I will want to watch for her performance and for other reasons (even though I am not generally a watcher of films that re-create history such as "Lincoln" from 2012).
In my opinion, "Glory" addresses major issues that are facing our nation today.

And so does "I'm Not Gonna Miss You". Although Glen and Julian's song is a seemingly personal song about one person's battle with Alzheimer's, it truly speaks for all persons who are suffering from this horrible disease. It also speaks for those persons who have loved ones or who have lost loved ones with Alzheimer's disease, it speaks to the dedicated caretakers who are supporting persons with Alzheimer's, and, of course, it speaks for those of us who will be diagnosed with this disease--this year, next year, 5 years from now, and on and on in the future until a cure can be found.
Again, just my opinion here, my interpretation.

siblis, thank you so much for posting everything about tomorrow's announcement for the Best Original Song nominees. I won't be "connected" at 8:30 am tomorrow morning.

I'm glad to see you posting again. We missed you.

Dee

siblis

Post by siblis »

Dee....not sure when "selma" was officially released to the Theatres, but yes that John Legend/Common song I beleive is from that Film.......You can bet that Oprah will probably be involved in this yr's Oscars & she will probably represent that Movie, she is all over any, well you know what I mean........Dee I'll post up everything when I have the chance.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Yes, siblis, sometimes it works that way.

"Selma" won a Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song - Motion Picture, which I find odd because this film was just released on December 25, 2014, right? Is this song, Glory, by John Legend and Common? When was it released? If I found the right official video on YouTube, it has 240,768 views.

"I'm Not Gonna Miss You" now has 6,645,783 views on YT.
This song has charted as Cowpoke shared here.
It has been available on iTunes since September 30th.
It already has Grammy noms.
Glen Campbell and Julian Raymond wrote it!
Glen recorded it!
I rest my case. :)

silbis, will you be listening to the nominations tomorrow morning? If so, could you post the outcome for the Best Original Song nominations?

Dee

siblis

Post by siblis »

Usually those that win at the Golden Globes, usually walks away with the Oscar as well, not all the time though, so let's hope Glen can do it.

siblis

Post by siblis »

Usually those that win at the Golden Globes, usually walks away with the Oscar as well, not all the time though, so let's hope Glen can do it.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Oscars 2015 Nominees Announcement and Live Stream

Watch the live stream tomorrow, January 15th, from the official Oscars website: http://www.oscars.org/oscars/live" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best Original Song will be announced along with nominees for Animated Feature Film, Documentary Feature, Documentary Short Subject, Film Editing, Production Design, Animated Short Film, Live Action Short Film, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing and Visual Effects.

For more information about the announcement and live stream, visit: http://oscar.go.com/blogs/oscar-news/os ... ive-stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Oscar Nom.jpg
Oscar Nom.jpg (3.87 KiB) Viewed 5537 times
NOMINATION DAY will finally soon be here when The Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences announces the nominees for BEST ORIGINAL SONG for the 87th Oscars! As you all know, GLEN CAMPBELL & JULIAN RAYMOND'S song, "I'M NOT GONNA MISS YOU", is on the shortlist of 79 songs under consideration for a nomination.

Stay tuned to this Thursday's announcement! Nominations will be announced Thursday, 15 January, at 8:30 a.m. ET/5:30 a.m. PT.

The 87th Annual Academy Awards will be broadcasted on 22 February.

For the shortlist of songs under consideration, see: http://m.screendaily.com/5081042.article" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Good luck, Glen Campbell and Julian Raymond, from the Glen Campbell Forums!

# # #

Dee

Post by Dee »

From Radio.com and Bryan Ives: What Are the Odds of Common & John Legend Winning an Oscar for ‘Glory’?
But the one song most likely to thwart “Glory” may be Glen Campbell‘s “I’m Not Gonna Miss You,” from his documentary Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me, which documents his final tour, after being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease.
From: http://radio.com/2015/01/12/common-john ... ces-selma/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell at the Academy Awards_1971 (2).jpg
Glen Campbell at the Academy Awards_1971 (2).jpg (6.92 KiB) Viewed 5676 times
It's a NEW YEAR and it's an OSCARS NEW YEAR! The 87th ACADEMY AWARD SEASON is about to begin in FULL SWING! Do you think that Glen Campbell will receive an Academy Award Nomination for Best Original Song for "I'm Not Gonna Miss You"? An announcement of the top five nominated songs will be made on January 15th.

If an Oscar nomination is given to Glen, then this wouldn't be Glen's first time in being part of Team Oscar!

In 1971, Glen Campbell was a presenter at the 43rd Academy Awards ceremonies and was introduced during the opening ceremony by Academy President Daniel Taradash. See photo above and the opening's video below (Glen joins the stage at around 7 min. 52 sec. into this video):

Later in the ceremonies, Glen Campbell and Joan Blondell presented Francis Lai with the 1970 Oscar for Music (Original Score) for "Love Story" as seen in the photo and video below:
Glen Campbell and Joan Blondell_1971 Academy Awards Ceremonies_GCF.jpg
Glen Campbell and Joan Blondell_1971 Academy Awards Ceremonies_GCF.jpg (12.65 KiB) Viewed 5676 times

Glen also PERFORMED at the 43rd Academy Awards. He sang "Pieces of Dreams" from the 1970 film, Pieces of Dreams, starring Robert Forster, Lauren Hutton, and Will Geer.
Does anyone have this performance on video? We would love to see it!

Did Glen appear on any other Academy Awards broadcasts?

# # #

Dee

Post by Dee »

Oscars: Watch Glen Campbell Record Final Song 'I'm Not Gonna Miss You' (Exclusive) from Hollywood Reporter!
3:19 PM PST 12/23/2014 by Scott Feinberg

The clip is from James Keach's Oscar-snubbed doc 'Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me'
The Hollywood Reporter hosts an exclusive clip from the end of the documentary that depicts how the heartbreaking song came together: one line at a time, due to Campbell's memory struggles, and with the help of his friends, the legendary Wrecking Crew, comprised of the most successful group of studio musicians in recording history.
See: http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/886437" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks, jay!