Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I'm Not Gonna Miss You

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
siblis

Re: I'm Not Gonna Miss You - Oscar Nomination?

Post by siblis »

Cowpoke....I have a strong feeling that entire Movie is gonna win

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Man I so hope that the song will win an Oscar. That would mean that Glen even has an Academy Award credited to him. But, perhaps even more importantly, it will shine the limelight on Julian Raymond too, who probably wrote the majority of the music and lyrics. That would be a well deserved tribute to the man who brought Glen back into the limelight himself. By making two wonderful latter day albums with Glen (Meet Glen Campbell and Ghost on the Canvas) and by being instrumental in getting James Keach and Trevor Albert to make I'll Be Me. If Julian gets the Oscar for best song, I will take a deep bow for him, in front of my television!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
siblis

Post by siblis »

I strongly believe now that this going to win at the Oscars. Every review that I have been reading has been a positive, upbeat review with everyone saying how beautifully don it is & this is coming from Fans as well as people that are not fans of Glen. Also keep in mind the Average age of the People that vote on the Films that are up for Oscars, many of them are older folks & they will know who Glen is which can only benefit Glen , the Movie & exposure that ALZ needs to have.

Dee

I'm Not Gonna Miss You

Post by Dee »

Could Alzheimer's-Afflicted Glen Campbell Land a Best Original Song Oscar Nom?
The iconic "Rhinestone Cowboy," who now lives in a memory care facility, co-wrote "Not Gonna Miss You," the song that plays over the credits of a doc about his "Goodbye Tour" — which means he is eligible for an Oscar nom
...when the Academy's 240-member music branch determines the best original song Oscar nominees, the people who actually receive the nominations and become eligible to win the Oscar on behalf of the song are the writers of the music and lyrics of the songs, not the people who perform them on screen. That would rule out Campbell — except for the fact that Campbell is credited for co-writing "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" with producer Julian Raymond, which means that he himself would be nominated. And I wouldn't put it past Baby Boomers, who form a large chunk of the Academy, to rally behind this staple of their lives. - The Race by Scott Feinberg
Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/c ... ell-746887" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;