Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I'm Not Gonna Miss You - Grammy WIN!

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

I'm Not Gonna Miss You - Grammy Nominations

Post by Dee »

Two Grammy Award nominations!

Fantastic news, Cowpoke, and also thank you for the link to Kim Campbell's gracious statement. Kim's words about the writing/recording of "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" really moved me:
Julian knew how to reach the unreachable recesses of Glen’s mind and bring his soul into this recording.
Isn't this what great songwriting is all about?

Both Julian Raymond and Glen Campbell are (accurately) credited on Grammy.com as the song's songwriters. Earlier (unofficial) news reports had left off Julian's name.

If anyone would like to download the PDF of the NATIONAL ACADEMY OF RECORDING ARTS & SCIENCES, INC. FINAL NOMINATIONS LIST, visit: http://www.grammy.com/files/pages/57thp ... th_aoy.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regarding the other Grammy Award nominations for "Best Song Written For Visual Media", refer to this source: (Category #60): http://www.grammy.com/nominees" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder if there is anything that fans can do to support the nominations? Any ideas, anyone?

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

http://kickincountry.com/wp/glen-campbe ... 014-12-05/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It gets even better! Glen received another nomination for "best song written for visual media". Kim Campbell issued a statement about this.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

It never got higher than 21 on the country singles chart. The week after that it had already dropped out of the top 25 again. How long it actually stayed on the charts after that I don't know.

Dee

Post by Dee »

I believe Glen (and Julian) have a great shot at winning a Grammy for I'm Not Gonna Miss You!
It's a tremendous honor to see this song nominated.
The song's music video now has 5,759,122 views.
Does anyone know what it is doing in terms of charting on Billboard?
Thanks!

siblis

Post by siblis »

I am rooting for Glen to win it, but it will probably go to Miranda Lambert. She has been cleaning up eveything this year.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Yes, fingers crossed!

Also, "Gentle On My Mind" as performed by The Band Perry on Glen's "I'll Be Me" EP released September 30th received a nomination for Best Country Duo/Group Performance. (Thanks, Cowpoke!)

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

This is really good news, after the Oscar disappointment. Fingers crossed! Thanks for posting Dee.

Dee

I'm Not Gonna Miss You - Grammy WIN!

Post by Dee »

Congratulations, Glen Campbell!

"I'm Not Gonna Miss You" by Glen Campbell nominated for Grammy Award for Best Country Song!

Other nominees in this category include:

“Automatic” by Miranda Lambert
“American Kids” by Kenny Chesney –
“Give Me Back My Hometown” by Eric Church
“Meanwhile Back At Mama’s” by Tim McGraw

See: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.2034489" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;