Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen's First Band

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Glen's First Band

Post by Dee »

Hi, Hal!

I'd love to learn the identities about the two other members of Droopy Drawers! I think you have us stumped for an answer.

Thanks so much for confirming our guesses that Glen's first television appearance was on KOB in Alb! He must have been very young at this time?

Dee

Cowpoke

Glen's First Band

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks for your hint! Is it the man who wrote this song, Hal?

Was he one of The Droopy Drawers? This is really fascinating stuff!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
halcollins

Glen's First Band

Post by halcollins »

This was indeed during his time in Lindrith my mothers maden name is Hardy. And yes the Kob tv show was his first aperance as for the members there was glen slim lasiter and two others hint... Meryl haggared called him lynard which is not his real name in one of his songs

Dee

Glen's First Band

Post by Dee »

Hal,

You have asked some GOOD questions.

I am at a loss with regard to the members of Texas slim and the droopy drawers! Please tell!

I'm guessing KOB Time, too, with Dick Bills? Or was Glen on an earlier television show in Albuquerque?

Here is a little picture that I have in my collection of Glen's Uncle Dick Bills on his television program:
Dick Bills_KOB_GCF.jpg
Dick Bills_KOB_GCF.jpg (67.06 KiB) Viewed 4806 times
We can't wait to find out the answers to these questions!

Thanks so much!

Dee

Cowpoke

Glen's First Band

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Hal,
sounds to me you go way back with Glen. Really wonderful that you joined the Glen Campbell Forums.
Texas Slim is mentioned briefly in Glen's autobiography but I never heard about The Droopy Drawers. Love that name!
I have no idea who else was in that band. I believe this was during the time Glen stayed in Lindrith, NM with the Hardy family? I would love to hear more about that time.

The first tv show in Albuquerque Glen appeared on... K Circle B Time perhaps, with his Uncle Dick Bills?

Welcome to the forums Hal, and thanks for joining!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
halcollins

Glen's First Band

Post by halcollins »

Who can name the members of Texas slim and the droopy drawers? Or the first tv show in Albuquerque Mr. Campbell was on?