Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell's Walk of Fame Star

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Glen Campbell's Walk of Fame Star

Post by Dee »

Thanks, Siblis! I am glad you got to see Glen's star in Hollywood! Would love to post your photos! Thanks!

siblis

Re: Glen Campbell's Walk of Fame Star

Post by siblis »

dee....I saw that Glen Campbell Walk of fame Star on my trip to calif in 1987. I think I took pictures of it & have them somewhere. I have to get them scanned & send them to you so you can put them on the site.

Dee

Glen Campbell's Walk of Fame Star

Post by Dee »

"When You Wish Upon A Star"
When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

(Disney)

Glen Campbell is our shining star, and we love discussing his history and music here on the Glen Campbell Forums.

Did you know Glen has his own star?

In 1972, Glen Campbell was awarded a Star on the iconic Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California for his contributions to the industry of music. Glen's star has the "Recording" emblem of a phonograph record or record player and is pictured here, courtesy of Ms. Corry Bell (thank you so much for sharing your beautiful photo with us, Ms. Bell!):

[Click on image to enlarge image window.]
Glen Campbell's Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame_Courtesy of Corry Bell_Dec2014.jpg
Glen Campbell's Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame_Courtesy of Corry Bell_Dec2014.jpg (47.96 KiB) Viewed 3152 times

According to Wikipedia, these coral-pink terrazzo, five-point stars are rimmed with brass inlaid into a charcoal-colored terrazzo background.
The name of the honoree is inlaid in brass block letters.
There are different emblems used by the Walk of Fame that symbolize five "star" categories within the entertainment industry: Audio Recording or Music, Motion Pictures, Broadcast Television, Broadcast Radio, and Theatre / Live Performance.
The emblem is inlaid brass.

Glen's star is located near Grauman's Chinese Theatre at 6925 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood.

Below is a photo of Glen and his Walk of Fame Star on induction day (shown with former wife, Billie, and son, Kane, at age 3).
Glen Campbell_Walk of Fame Star_Induction_UPI_GCF(2).jpg
Glen Campbell_Walk of Fame Star_Induction_UPI_GCF(2).jpg (53.19 KiB) Viewed 3152 times
For history about the Hollywood Walk of Fame, visit: http://www.walkoffame.com/pages/history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Walk_of_Fame" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

# # #