Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell's Children's Music Careers

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Glen Campbell's Sons and Daughters' Musical Projects

Post by Dee »

Here's an update and photos from ‘Favorite Shape Triangle & Cal Campbell Studio' regarding their new LP, passed along by The Indiegogo Team. You may remember that this project was funded (105%!) by a campaign using Indiegogo. Check out the Glen Campbell picture in the studio!

"Our new LP (((aftershocks))) is nearing completion, and it's sounding bigger and better than I ever imagined it might. We'll be applying the finishing touches here in September.

Thanks again to all who helped to make this album a reality. We're very proud of it. We'll be in touch soon regarding the album's official completion & release date...."

Campaign Owner, Aaron Ruffcorn
Aftershocks_Copyrighted_Not for Distribution_GCF.png
Aftershocks_Copyrighted_Not for Distribution_GCF.png (494.04 KiB) Viewed 6750 times

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Fun New Live Performance Music Video From Ashley Campbell

http://thatnashvillesound.blogspot.com/ ... o.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

You are welcome, Randy!

Good points, Randy and Mike.
No, it's never too late to learn! That's what is so great about these forums, right? :)
I appreciate, like you both do (and other posters here), learning a songwriter's point of view: the story they wanted to tell, the emotions they were sharing, their sources of inspiration, and more.
And then we, the listeners, "hear" the song based on our own life experiences.

John Hartford wrote "Gentle" (in about 30 minutes) after seeing the movie, Dr. Zhivago. According to John: "I went to see the movie Doctor Zhivago the night I wrote it. Everyone's made a whole lot out of that. I know it gave me a feeling that caused me to start writing, but as far as saying it came from that, I don't know. It just came from experience. While I was writing it, if I had any idea that was going to be a hit, it probably would have come out differently and it wouldn't have been a hit. That just came real fast, a blaze, a blur." [From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentle_on_My_Mind_(song" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)]

Isn't it interesting that John Hartford explains that "Gentle" "just came from experience"?

Cowpoke, I believe right now I like the slower, simpler version of "Remembering" better...but this preference could be because this is the version that I have listened to the most.
Ask me again next year! :)

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Nice, recent review of Ashley Campbell's single "Remembering".

http://countryperspective.com/2015/08/0 ... membering/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which version do you guys prefer? The album version or the sped-up single version?

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Well said Randy,
I have noticed that myself about some songs. It is almost as if they only reveal themselves when we have achieved enough life experience to fully understand them.It is when we can relate to the lyrics that the song then becomes a reflection of our own experiences and it is then we begin to fully appreciate them for what they say. But isn't that a wonderful thing that life gives us, the chance to mature and see the bigger picture and relate to more of the musical stories that we hear.

Randy

Post by Randy »

Dee, You are right. I loved reading Ashley's take on the song and couldn't agree more. Having that "peace of mind" memory in your life makes things grand.
Glen in the middle of life , having a family life that he loved to go along with the music and work he loved , made for contentment and happiness.

And I went back immediately and re-watched the video of "Gentle" by the Band Perry with a whole different take and went from either rebelling against it originally or not "getting it" to a better understanding of the idea of the story and really liking the video.

Bottom line..... Never too late to learn is it? Even if it's from someone like Ashley with a whole better understanding of music than I will ever have.

Thanks Dee for the link!!!!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Can't answer your question, Cowpoke, I'm sorry! Maybe someone else can?

The genius.com website now has commentary apparently verified by Ashley Campbell for the lyrics to "Remembering":

http://genius.com/Ashley-campbell-remembering-lyrics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think you'll appreciate these comments, Randy!

Also, Ashley has apparently verified commentary to other songs from I'll Be Me's Original Soundtrack on this page of the Genius site:

http://genius.com/AshleyCampbellOfficial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

While I was away, did Ashley's first single get airplay on country radio? Just curious.

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Its great to see artists really getting a kick out of playing together isn't it. I have seen that so often with Glen and his guests on various shows. It somehow generates so much energy for all involved. Wonderful stuff.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Ashley Campbell performing "Home Sweet Home" with Carl Jackson (her Godfather).
Beautiful!