Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums On The Net
(c) 2014-2020 GLEN CAMPBELL FORUMS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Glen Campbell's Children's Music Careers

ESSENTIAL HISTORY THAT MAY SURPRISE YOU * NEW MUSIC RELEASES * BEST VIDEOS * LOST ALBUM?
Dee
Site Admin

Re: Glen Campbell's Sons and Daughters' Musical Projects

Post by Dee » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:52 am

Here's an update for Carl Jackson's newest project (2-CD album), Orthophonic Joy. (Story and other reviews below)

AirPlay Direct's ("APD") Artist Ambassador Carl Jackson Delivers With His New Project "Orthophonic Joy: The 1927 Bristol Sessions Revisited"
AirPlay Direct
Jun 30, 2015
"What an amazing man and creative individual... Mr. Carl Jackson. I continue to be amazed by Carl, as an artist, a person and as a friend. His dedication to 'living a good life' and creating perfection in all he does is very inspiring. This new project is an outstanding example of the brilliance of a master craftsman in his prime." Robert Weingartz, Chairman / Creator - AirPlay Direct
..."Orthophonic Joy" has experienced is nothing short of outstanding on the APD Global Radio Indicator Charts! This record made its mark in the APD Charts as the #8 Country Album of "All-Time"... and #24 of "All-Time" on the "Top 50" across all genres in less than a month!
Ashley Campbell (Banjo, Lead Vocal) and Shannon Campbell (Harmony Vocal) are among the many artists on this landmark album.

Randy

Post by Randy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:58 pm

And in addition to Kii Arens, Of Course Julian Raymond, who in my opinion is tops at what he does....

Yes wishful thinking, but who knows, could happen

Randy

Post by Randy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:09 am

My take is "Remembering" is the second best song of last year right behind "I'm not gonna miss you"... and my wish is that with a release of that song as a single,,, that a video with the talented Kii Arens producing it would be in the works.

Wishful thinking and yes the song is more than worthy

Dee
Site Admin

Post by Dee » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:53 pm

Ashley Campbell will be rockin' as a performer at the 2015 CMA Music Festival. The fest will take place Thursday-Sunday, June 11-14, in downtown Nashville.

http://www.cmaworld.com/news/2015/04/ar ... -festival/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee
Site Admin

Post by Dee » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:42 pm

A June release would be perfect, Cowpoke...to coincide with the first broadcast of "I'll Be Me" on CNN!

Below is a video of Ashley Campbell performing "Remembering" with Shannon Campbell.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SAXmhjuX2M [/youtube]

Dee
Site Admin

Post by Dee » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:59 pm

Another review of "Orthophonic Joy": Orthophonic Joy: The 1927 Bristol Sessions Revisited

From Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cindy-lov ... 33766.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke » Fri May 29, 2015 2:01 am

In the recent interview with Glen's wife Kim that Dee posted here yesterday, Kim says that "Remembering" by Ashley Campbell will be released as a single in the summer. It wouldn't surprise me if that release will coincide with the airing of I'll Be Me on CNN in on June 28th!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...

Dee
Site Admin

Post by Dee » Thu May 28, 2015 6:03 am

Update for those of you who are interested in Favorite Shape Triangle and Cal Campbell's latest project, a studio LP, on Indiegogo.

This project reached the finish line!
$5,133 USD raised
102% funded
109 funders

Congrats, guys!

Glen Campbell Forums

Dee
Site Admin

Post by Dee » Wed May 20, 2015 8:33 pm

Ashley Campbell

Steep Canyon Rangers play "Sweet Heaven When I Die" from the Orthophonic Joy album with Ashley Campbell on banjo (taking Steve Martin's place) and Will Carter on dobro at Houston Fest 2015 (May 1 & 2).

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke » Wed May 20, 2015 6:33 am

Review of Orthophonic Joy:

https://mykindofcountry.wordpress.com/2 ... honic-joy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...