Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I'll Be Me OST Release Date 2/17/2015

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
siblis

Re: I'll Be Me OST Release Date 2/17/2015

Post by siblis »

The song Ashley is singing on the soundtrack is not the Carole King song that I thought it was, it was a version of a song that Glen covered in 1970. If Ashley stated that she wrote that song she is wrong.

Randy

Post by Randy »

Not sure what you're meaning, saying if Ashley ststed?

Two different songs, one written by Ashley Campbell, and the other written by Carole King

siblis

Post by siblis »

Randy.....Ashley's version of "Home Again" is a song that Glen covered in 1970 on the "Try a Little Kindness" LP. She never wrote it & it's not a new song. If she ststed that she is wrong & I like Glen's version better.

Randy

Post by Randy »

What are you trying to compare and why?

Home Again is an incredibly outstanding beautifully performed song by Ashley !!!

" I just feel really honored and really blessed to have two songs on there and that they were originals that I wrote for my dad"

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/ready ... y-campbell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Siblis,
I agree that there are not a lot of new tracks on the soundtrack album. 2 almost identical versions of 2 songs is a bit too much. I mean it would have been okay if there were a lot more other new tracks to make up for that.
However, there is a silver lining. The fact that they haven't released any new live tracks yet, could mean there is still a full live album in the can!
And, I absolutely love the 2 new tracks by Glen. Especially Long Walk Home is a small masterpiece in my opinion.

Home Again: I believe Ashley's version is a cover of Glen's Home Again from the Try a Little Kindness album. Carole King's Home Again (which I also love) is a different song I think.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
siblis

Post by siblis »

I finally was able to get myself a copy of the Soundtrack. I know that it is suppose to fit along the lines of the Movie/Documentary on Glen, but some songs I feel I'll never listen to again. Why 2 versions of "I'm not gonna miss you? Why 2 versions of "Gentle on my mind"? They could have used those spots to put down more live tracks from the Goodbye Tour. I don't like the version of the song "Home Again" by Ashley, I prefer Carole King's version instead. Overall the soundtrack is ok, not great.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

And here's the official Billboard chart listing to confirm this.

http://www.billboard.com/charts/country-albums" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

http://countryperspective.com/2015/03/0 ... -march-14/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Soundtrack album moves up 5 spots to number 15 on Country Album Charts.

siblis

Post by siblis »

Dee....Could be, but I know that Target did not even order it when I asked the Vendor.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, siblis--maybe the I'll Be Me Sound Track is sold out at all those retailers?
Amazon.com has the CD for sure. :)