Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Rhinestone Cowboy 40th Anniversary Album

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Rhinestone Cowboy 40th Anniversary Release

Post by Dee »

Amazon.com and a couple of other sites indicate that the RC40 edition will be extra special:

"...Capitol Nashville/UMe will remaster and reissue this classic album on 180-gram vinyl. This 40th anniversary reissue will come complete with a special, embossed LP jacket."

--amazon.com

siblis

Post by siblis »

Although "Rhinestone Cowboy" was Glen's BIG comeback song & Album it was not one of my all time Favs considering the other Albums that Glen did, I'll probably purchase it, but I agree with Mike on this deluxe set.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, All!
The 40th anniversary "Rhinestone Cowboy" album is receiving lots of fan interest so we are now dedicating a topic for posts about it!
Thanks to everyone who has posted about "RC40" so far! If I missed moving your RC40 post over here, please let us know by sending a PM or an email to Admin@GlenCampbellForums.com.
Dee

Dee

Rhinestone Cowboy 40th Anniversary Release

Post by Dee »

GREAT FIND, RANDY! Thank you! The Second Disc reviews are well done, aren't they? So...now we know that the album (LP) has been remastered!

How about Joe Marchese's statement in this article:
Though Glen Campbell retired from performing in 2013 after his well-received and often emotional farewell tour, his music remains as vibrant and stirring as ever.

Randy

Post by Randy »

Star-Spangled Rodeo: Glen Campbell’s “Rhinestone Cowboy” Turns 40, Gets Expanded Edition
January 28, 2015 By Joe Marchese

http://theseconddisc.com/2015/01/28/sta ... d-edition/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Dee,
It's nice that the album is being recognised, however it was already released by Raven with the Bloodline album as the Lambert & Potter sessions. Two albums on one CD. It also had the bonus tracks Record Collectors dream, Houston (I'm coming to see you) and Bonaparte's retreat. So the only reason for me to by it would be to get the Coming Home and Quits songs. I would rather they did an album of The lost recording / non album releases, but I guess Rhinestone Cowboy has the selling power for the casual listener.
Dee, Cowpoke etc,I am sure you must have all these song as well as me.

Dee

Post by Dee »

A little more information about the 40th anniversary release of "Rhinestone Cowboy":

"Glen Campbell’s ‘Rhinestone Cowboy’ Album Turns 40, Gets Deluxe Reissue"

http://radio.com/2015/01/27/glen-campbe ... niversary/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell_Rhinestone Cowboy Album_Front Cover from July 1975 Release_GCF.jpg
Glen Campbell_Rhinestone Cowboy Album_Front Cover from July 1975 Release_GCF.jpg (30.03 KiB) Viewed 5685 times
As a follow-up to Cowpoke's surprise post on the Glen Campbell Forums about the 40th anniversary release of "Rhinestone Cowboy", a press statement has been issued about it today!

Glen Campbell’s Legendary ‘Rhinestone Cowboy’ Album Celebrated with Expanded 40th Anniversary Edition To Be Released March 31 by Capitol Nashville/UMe
Campbell’s Chart-Topping Album Remastered and Expanded with Five Rare and Previously Unreleased Tracks

The 15 tracks include:

Glen Campbell: Rhinestone Cowboy (40th Anniversary Edition) [CD, digital]
1. Country Boy (You Got Your Feet in L.A.)
2. Comeback
3. Count on Me
4. I Miss You Tonight
5. My Girl
6. Rhinestone Cowboy
7. I’d Build a Bridge
8. Pencils For Sale
9. Marie
10. We’re Over
Bonus Tracks
11. Record Collector’s Dream [“Rhinestone Cowboy” single B-side; North American CD and digital debut]
12. Coming Home [studio version, previously released only in Japan as a 1975 single; CD and digital debut]
13. Quits [previously unreleased track from the ‘Rhinestone Cowboy’ album sessions]
14. Country Boy (You Got Your Feet In L.A.) (Remix) [previously released on ‘Greatest Hits’ collection]
15. Rhinestone Cowboy (Remix) [previously released on ‘Greatest Hits’ collection]

Read all about it at: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2 ... Mesvy7MI-o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

# # #

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

I agree with you on that one Dee, I always thought it was a much better cover. I especially liked the way the bus on the front was continued on to the back cover. Such a clever design. It went from a rainy city to a sunny rural setting.
Did you notice the destination on the bus sign.?

Dee

Post by Dee »

Wonderful news about RC's reissue, Cowpoke!
It will be fun to find out whether the CD/album cover will have the same cover art as the US original but labeled with "40th Anniversary" and whether or not there will be bonus tracks on a CD version.
A 180g vinyl album would be sweet! :)

Personally, I would like to see a reissue using the U.K. EMI cover art that is textured:
Rhinestone Cowboy_Album Cover_UK_GCF.jpg
Rhinestone Cowboy_Album Cover_UK_GCF.jpg (33.51 KiB) Viewed 5668 times