Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

The Wrecking Crew (General Information, Not the Doc)

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: The Wrecking Crew (General Information, Not the Doc)

Post by Dee »

This is an extraordinary article, Randy. Thank you so much for posting it.
I hope the new Wrecking Crew film documentary will have footage of the session musicians at work in the studio.
Dee

jay

The Wrecking Crew (General Information, Not the Doc)

Post by jay »

Here is a "chart" using Nashville numbering for Jingle Bells
jinglebellchart.jpg
jinglebellchart.jpg (60.09 KiB) Viewed 3813 times
Interestingly Joe says "Hal and I just finished a documentary about our time in the studios". I am not sure what this is referring to, but this would be a must see. If you look at the list of hits he was on...he was a freakin force to recon with on the bass. Some of those songs are bass driven monsters.

Randy

Re: The Wrecking Crew (General Information, Not the Doc)

Post by Randy »

Really enjoyed reading this interview with Joe Osborn.

http://www.vintageguitar.com/2925/joe-osborn/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What started you learning charts?
Tommy Tedesco told me that if I really wanted to make it as a studio player, learning to read was essential. So I did. I got some books and learned how to read charts and eventually how to read all the sections. Tommy also told me that once I did learn how to read, I would be twice as busy. He was right. I got a lot of *@#! sessions out of learning how to read.

*@#! sessions?
When you play note-for-note, just how it is written.

I'm not a musician, but have a clear understanding of what he means and why the "Wrecking Crew" was so great.....

Mike Joyce

Re: The Wrecking Crew - Documentary Film

Post by Mike Joyce »

Thanks for posting that link Cowpoke. Very interesting reading. I love the fact you have all these great artists who are connected to so many songs. It kinda blows my mind.
It made me wonder. Is there not a bunch of studio musicians now who could be said to be as good as the Wrecking crew were or is it totally different set up in the recording studios these days.

Cowpoke

Re: The Wrecking Crew - Documentary Film

Post by Cowpoke »

Very interesting blog about the Wrecking Crew, with lots of videos.
https://bobsegarini.wordpress.com/2015/ ... king-crew/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...