Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Quotes About Glen Campbell

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Quotes About Glen Campbell

Post by Dee »

Great link, Randy.
Thanks for posting it so that we can watch it and refer to it later on, too.
Love the Jerry Fuller interview as well...and of course, Carol Kaye's WL session story that gives me goosebumps every time I hear her tell it. She captures the magic of that moment with her storytelling.
Carol is very active on Facebook, is still teaching guitar (by Skype!), and sharing her wonderful memories with fans.
A gold Chevelle! Let's see a photo!
Dee

Randy

Post by Randy »

The old Chevy commercials reminds me , I had one of those SS396 Chevelle's 1969 and gold in color, not sure though, that may have been a 68 in the link you put up Dee, but that also brought me to this link , just absolutely full of quotes about Glen, and I'll start it out here on Phoenix and Jerry Fuller, who I just love and so glad he got Glen to come out to L.A. and the rest is history. Then you see, Jimmy talking about General motors paying him and Glen to come and do the commercials for them,,,, then one of my favorite quotes ever is Carol Kaye talking about the hair standing up on her arms in the WL session. And Cowpoke the links you put up on the TNN life and times of Glen Campbell are awesome. Thank you so much for that.

https://youtu.be/utMYaqr2qLY?t=518" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Cowpoke, Kacey Musgraves new CD has been played a lot on the radio. I think she has a great talent. I love some of her earlier tracks a lot. I think her writing is also fantastic with a lot of thought provoking lyrics. I think she will have a great career.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Interview with young Canadian country artist Brett Kissel who is making his Opry debut today.
Who are your musical influences?

My musical influences have stayed the same since I was a kid. No matter where I go, or what I do, these artists have always played a role in who I am as a singer, songwriter, and entertainer.

1) Johnny Cash – legendary songwriter, outstanding performer, and ever since I first learned to play guitar, I was in love with his “boom chicka boom” sound…

2) Buck Owens – ever since I got the live recording of his concert at Carnegie Hall, I was hooked. The guy knew how to command a crowd, and I loved every single one of his many number one hits.

3) Glen Campbell – for a while I was immersed in “symphony music” within the country genre. And no one had better sounding recordings than Glen Campbell. To this day, “Galveston” is my all time favorite song.

4) George Strait – when I started to play live, I realized that I likely knew or could perform each one of George’s 60 #1 hits. That’s how much I loved his music.

5) Garth Brooks – last but not least, I’ve been influenced by the worlds greatest entertainer in more ways than one. No one could command a stage like Garth could (and still can), and the more people I meet, the more I hear that Garth Brooks is the nicest and most caring man they’ve ever met in the business. He’s certainly someone to look up to…
http://williamsonsource.com/5-questions ... tt-kissel/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Kacey Musgraves finds inspiration in Jim Croce, Glen Campbell

http://www.cmt.com/news/1755741/kacey-m ... -campbell/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think Kacey was mainly influenced by the sound of Glen's early successes.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

It still knocks me out that some of the biggest and most talented newcomers in country music have Glen Campbell on top of their list of musical influences. For instance, Kacey Musgraves.
“Pageant Material was really inspired by a lot of the classic records and artists I love: Glen Campbell, Jim Croce, Bobbie Gentry, Marty Robbins, Roger Miller, Charley Pride,” she says. ”Records that set an even tone throughout are ones that I usually gravitate towards.”
Read More: Kacey Musgraves Reveals New Song on 'Late Night With Seth Myers' [WATCH] | http://theboot.com/kacey-musgraves-fami ... ck=tsmclip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 02:22 pm:

"It's there in every fiber of him. It's there in his voice, it's in his fingers ,, It's in every gesture. I think that is where the country part comes in, because in order to be a great country singer, that's your key right there. Cause you have to be meaningful."
Bob Oermann

-Randy Moore

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 02:14 pm:

"He had exquisite taste in songs but he could sing anything. You can hear another person sing the same song, the same words but it doesn't have the same effect. It's something that he was really born with."
Jimmy Webb

-Randy Moore

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 - 01:04 pm:

"Glen Campbell and Jimmy Webb,, they go together. And the way Glen interprets those songs ,,uhh it's like a bird flying,, it's like someone breathing,, it's easy for him. I mean he understands exactly what Jimmy wants."

The Great musical director for Glen,,
TJ Kuenster

-Randy Moore

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 - 12:43 am:

"There's an honesty about Glen's rendition of all the songs that he's recorded,,it's like he lived it,,,to this day I wonder if the guy ever did leave Phoenix"

Glen's friend Jerry Fuller

-Randy Moore