Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Listen to Glen Campbell’s I’ll Be Me Soundtrack!

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: Listen to Glen Campbell’s I’ll Be Me Soundtrack!

Post by Cowpoke »

I think I prefer the studio version of I'm Not Gonna Miss You. It sounds more powerful.
Band Perry's cover of Gentle on My Mind is well done. And I really liked the video. It gives the song yet another new life. The live versions of Band Perry's cover I am less enthusiastic about. It seems that the singer doesn't know what to do with all those lyrics. It takes a song stylist like Glen to find the perfect way to bring all those lines together in a coherent way.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Randy

Post by Randy »

And Home Again is more than worthy of so much credit for lyrics , great strings, and great vocals . Just a few weeks ago , I said Shannon had begun to take it seriously watching the video of his take on I'm not Gonna Miss you and did a tremendous job that I felt and still do was capable of singing that song at the Oscars. I'm elated with Tim Mcgraw singing it and never question that decision, but Shannon has now arrived..Now if we could just that talented drummer back with them (Cal) , how sweet would that be.

Dee, put up that exceptionally written review of the songs being released by Big Machine , and while it was super well written and also true btw, I wish they would do an ammendment , and add kind words for "Remembering"

Randy

Post by Randy »

I like the mixing on the first I'm not gonna miss you, the best... Love the close up sound of the piano....But 50/50 on the videos,,
Wrecking Crew members coming in was touching,,,, and the other one is great also.....

Love the Band Perry's , Gentle....... I didn't care much for their video,,, but love their remake of the song...... and also , many times they mention it as a Glen Campbell Tribute....... so I'm fans of their's.....

If their was one song, that I had to pick second for song of the year it would be "Remembering"...... Beautifully written, played and sung by
Ashley and Shannon...... Those lyrics to me compete right up there with I'm not gonna Miss You......

Witchita Lineman at the Ryman...... I mean this,,,, I don't think anyone in that situation,,,, could have done what Glen did ...... Talent so deeply embedding in his soul that ,,,, in my opinion he was able to prolong his health longer which was good for him and showed ev1 that
not only is music therapeutic,,,, but also the emotional connection between his love from the fans and his love for them and his family was equally therapeutic.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Just a quick reminder: this streaming album on CMT in partnership with Big Machine Record Label is only available through the 16th.

Looking forward to reading your reviews here! For example, which "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" version do you prefer? The first one with former members of The Wrecking Crew or the single version?

Any thoughts about this version of "Gentle On My Mind"?

Comments about Ashley's songs?

Thanks!
Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Randy

Post by Randy »

Right after that it says ,( however you may be interested in listening to Glen's new album here
Click where it says "here".

Then click the play button.

Hope that helps, Siblis

siblis

Post by siblis »

Hi....I went to the site & it says the content is no longer available.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Wow, All I Need Is You is wonderful. And Long Walk Home is... I have no words for it.

Dee

Listen to Glen Campbell’s I’ll Be Me Soundtrack!

Post by Dee »

Listen to Glen Campbell’s I’ll Be Me Soundtrack
Ten Songs Streaming Exclusively on CMT
by Chris Parton, CMT.com, 55 mins ago

"Just days after winning two Grammys, the soundtrack to the documentary Glen Campbell … I’ll Be Me is now streaming exclusively on CMT.
Through Monday (Feb. 16), all 10 tracks on the album can be heard on GlenCampbell.CMT.com and on the CMT Artists App."

Check it out, fans! Let us know what you think of this new soundtrack from "I'll Be Me" including the new, never previously released songs!

Go to: http://www.cmt.com/news/1749747/listen- ... oundtrack/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;