Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Notices of Artists’ Passings

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
arlw

Re: Notices of Artists’ Passings

Post by arlw »

Steve was into a lot of other things that wasn't a great influence on Glen, but it was his choice....May he rest in peace.

arlw

Post by arlw »

Sheila T,

Steve Hardin was very talented in many things, music and writing. He sure will be missed. I met him in Fort Worth when Cal was born-Glen was at Billy Bob's with the band and Kim with Cal--he was no older than 2-3 months!! This DVD might have him on it: I remember Steve doing some hits with Glen and Carl Jackson outside and they were literally soaked with sweat--I believe it was an overseas Concert Listed 3 below-=-they are available at Amazon.com.

The Best of the Glen Campbell Music Show DVD/Glen Campbell: Live in Dublin/

Legends In Concert / Glen Campbell - The Rhinestone Cowboy
by Sonic Pictures

• 1 - Rhinestone cowboy,2 - Gentle on my mind,3 - Wichita lineman,4 - Galveston,5 - Country boy,6 - By the time I get to phoenix,7 - Heartache number three,8 - Please come to boston,9 - Trials & tribulations,10 - Blue grass instrumental,11 - Milk cow blues,12 - I'm so lonely I could cry,13 - Southern nights,14 - Amazing grace,15 - Try a little kindness,16 - Mull of Kintyre,

shelia6673

Post by shelia6673 »

Thanks for the info on Steve. I too remember him from the 80's and have a CD from concert Glen did I believe it was around London or Scotland
where Steve did I'm so lonesome I Could Cry and it was a wonderful job he did. I think there was also a DVD of that concert but for the life of me
cannot remember exactly where it was. But a good concert

Shelia T

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

That is sad Dee.
I will always remember him as a very kind man. And who could forget his harmonica playing on the live versions of I'm so lonesome I could cry. Boy he had such breath control.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks, Mike.

I have been remiss to not have reported the passing of Steve Hardin on June 28, 2015. Steve had worked/toured with Glen Campbell as a music director, keyboardist and harmonica soloist. Steve was a member of Glen's Caledonia band beginning in 1980. He was a songwriter of top selling country songs including "I Love My Truck", which Glen recorded. He wrote songs for Glen such as: "A Few Good Men" from the 1991 album Show Me Your Way and "Heartache Number Three" and "It's Your World Boys and Girls" from the 1981 album, Glen Campbell Live.

For more information, see: http://www.tulsaworld.com/obituaries/lo ... ba58e.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

I forgot to mention yesterday that Val Doonican passed away on Wednesday 1st July. Val had a music show on BBC UK TV called the Val Doonican show which ran from 1965 to 1986. Glen was a guest on this show a number of times and Val was a big fan of Glen's. On the Festival Hall concert you see Val in the audience at one point. He was a great entertainer and was like Glen in as much as he new how to win over an audience with his relaxed and jovial qualities and his pure professionalism.

arlw

Post by arlw »

Surprised that nobody posted anything about B.B. King who passed away on May 14th, 2015. A Great loss in the Jazz era. What another great guitar legend. He was 89 but had many problems.

Anne Meara passed away yesterday-a terrific and funny lady she was at age 85. Both will be missed.

Just heard and read that Omar Sharif has Alzheimer's Disease--he is 83--Hoping and praying for him and Glen!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Marty Pasetta died tragically on May 21, 2015. He was a gifted, cutting edge director and producer during the golden age of television. You may not know his name, but you will recognize his work.

In addition to directing Academy Awards telecasts, Emmy and Grammy awards shows, numerous television specials and series, Mr. Pasetta worked with Elvis Presley on the "Elvis: Aloha From Hawaii Via Satellite" special that was apparently seen by every third person on Earth!

Tommy Smothers hired Mr. Pasetta to direct "The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour" in 1967.

Marty Pasetta also directed "The Glen Campbell Summer Show," (sic), the 1968 summer replacement television show for the Brothers' Comedy Hour. I believe many of us discovered Glen Campbell when he hosted and performed on this summer show.

For a fascinating read of this man's amazing accomplishments and contributions to television, check out:

http://www.desertsun.com/story/life/ent ... /27819821/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.thewrap.com/marty-pasetta-lo ... -accident/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

# # #

Dee

Post by Dee »

On April 9, 2015, the infamous Grammy-award-winning, flat-picking "Dobro man", Tut Taylor passed away.
I am aware of one Glen Campbell album on which Glen, The Dillards and Tut Taylor performed: 1964, "12 String Dobro", Tut Taylor and the Folkswingers. (Is there another one? or more?)

This is a nice write-up about Tut Taylor:
http://www.wataugademocrat.com/mountain ... a03d7.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

as well as this one: http://www.tennessean.com/story/enterta ... /25549453/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

siblis

Post by siblis »

Recently the Drummer from the Rock Group Twisted Sister passed away from a Massive Heart Attack....he was only 55 yrs old.