Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Notices of Artists’ Passings

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
jay

Re: Notices of Artists’ Passings

Post by jay »

Bowie had a great voice, distinct with range and projection...but I doubt he could have sung the SSB in a way we would have been in awe.
It is kind of likes Eltons songs...he wrote them for himself and really no one else even gives them a go...same with Bowie, I suppose. I can bet that you will not see the CD "GaGa does Bowie".

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

That is strange jay, as I understand it, the SSB is very difficult to perform, wheres the Bowie numbers I would think aren't as demanding vocally. I guess we all have our bad days.

jay

Post by jay »

I thought Lady Ga Ga did a horrendously poor job on the Grammys Bowie Tribute. In fairness, I thought she did an awesome job singing the SSB at the Super Bowl...I was actually awed by her performance.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Now on GRAMMY.com is a list of artists and industry professionals who passed away in 2015 through the first week of February 2016.

https://www.grammy.com/news/in-loving-memory-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Recent rock-star deaths impact Grammy Awards

See: http://www.expressnews.com/entertainmen ... to-9388409" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi arlw,
January was a bad month for losing so many wonderful artists, I hope February isn't going to repeat that situation.
I thought it was interesting the various levels of coverage each artist gets. When David Bowie passed away It was on the news all day and loads of tribute programmes were broadcast. When Glen Frey passed away I only realised by seeing a clip on line.

arlw

Post by arlw »

Joe Alaskey, voice of Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck, dies aged 63 .

Emmy-winning voice actor also played Richard Nixon in Forrest Gump, and various cartoon stars since the late 1980s including Tweety and Sylvester the Cat--I believe he had Cancer...Way too young.

arlw

Post by arlw »

Earth, Wind & Fire soul band founder Maurice White dies--He was 74 years old.

The founder of soul group Earth, Wind & Fire, Maurice White, died in his sleep in Los Angeles on Thursday morning. He suffered from Parkinson's Disease.

Many articles are out there along with some very great songs!!!

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

It seems like January has been a bad month for news of people passing away, personally for me and also for artists and celebrities. Today it was announced Sir Terry Wogan passed away after a short illness. Terry was a great supporter of Glen's; he appeared on Terry's TV chat shows and radio programmes.

Terry did a great deal of work in support of Children in Need (an annual fundraising event on BBC TV). We will miss his warm and friendly style of broadcasting. RIP Sir Terry

arlw

Post by arlw »

For all those like me that watched Barney Miller/The Godfather among other shows---"Abe Vigoda" passed away--at the age of 94! God Bless Him! A wonderful human being.