Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by Dee »

I agree, siblis. I downloaded the album, not just Glen's songs, and it's really good! I'd like to have a CD, too!

siblis

Post by siblis »

I have been waiting for this to be available domestically....I just wish they would put these on Disc as apposed to digial D/L

Dee

Post by Dee »

Here's an update on: Capitol Vaults: Lost Treasures Volume II
Capitol Vaults_II.jpg
Capitol Vaults_II.jpg (34.35 KiB) Viewed 5001 times

Cowpoke, you had posted about this gem a few months ago, and I just noticed that the digital album is now available for download from amazon.com in the U.S.!
From your original post:

Volume 2 has two tracks by Glen!
They are "Athena" and "Thanks to You".
"Athena" was originally recorded January 8, 1964 (matrix number 51162). "Thanks to You" was recorded on September 1st, 1964 (matrix number 52774). (Thank you Richard Price)
Can't wait to hear these tracks and to hear what you all think of them! -- Cowpoke

# # #

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks for this additional information, Cowpoke.
A (working) limited release cassette from 1986 would be difficult to find, I think.
Sure would like to hear those songs in completion--hopefully, the movie will have the complete tracks and not snippets.
Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

It's very difficult to find. Hair told me it was an official release, but on a very small scale. It came out on cassette tape only, on a label called Radio Records, which Hair thinks Roy or Mel concocted just to put the tape out! It has "Wild Winds" from the "It's Just a Matter of Time" album, plus Glen with Roy & Mel singing "Unlikely Posse", and Glen & Roy doing a guitar instrumental duet on "Ghost Riders in the Sky", and there are other people doing other songs.

Again, all thanks to Hair for this information.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
siblis

Post by siblis »

I think you can get them digitally if you search the web.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks so much for this info, siblis!

Are these songs available digitally or just on this soundtrack?

I will definitely watch this movie when I receive it; can't wait to hear these "new" songs!

Thanks again!
Dee

siblis

Post by siblis »

Yes a Soundtrack was released in 1986 & it's pretty hard to find. Glen does the following songs on the Album:

Wild wings

The unlikely posse

Uphill all the way with Roy Clark

Dee

Post by Dee »

This release isn't new, but I just discovered it!

Glen Campbell had a role in a 1986 movie called "Uphill All The Way", starring Roy Clark, Mel Tillis, Burl Ives and Trish Van Devere. I have had the VHS (a 1991 version that misspells Glen's first name with two "N's" on the video cover) for a few years (haven't watched it yet) and just learned that it has been available from amazon.com on DVD, Region 1 ("manufactured on demand when ordered from Amazon.com") since Feb. 2013.

I just ordered it this week, so I will post again if the DVD's quality is not up to par.

BTW, I have never been able to find the film's soundtrack on vinyl (assuming it was never subsequently released in any other format). Does anyone know whether a soundtrack was released? If so, does it ever show up on ebay?
Doesn't Glen sing a song in this film or perhaps a duet? I seem to remember reading that he does sing in this movie...

Thanks!

Dee

Dee

Post by Dee »

Mike,

Thank you so much for sharing your remarkable needle-in-the-haystack find about "Guitar Gold"! Outstanding detective work!

Can you tell us more about the source, the Glen Campbell Appreciation Society? Was this the Glen Campbell fan club newsletter in the U.K.?
Did it have ties to Glen Campbell Enterprises?
It certainly seems like a very valid source to me, and it's interesting that this album news bit was reported in 1979; I am sure that album copies had been resurfacing for years at this point.

Perhaps if Jan Murray is reading the forums here, he/she can provide us with additional information.

What do you think, Cowpoke? Other members?

Thanks too for sharing Glen's desire in 1979 to back up Ashley, Cal and Shannon when he is in his seventies. Yes, it's very poignant to read these words now, especially knowing that Glen later got to perform with Ashley, Cal, and Shannon in addition to Debby and Dillon!

You know, the Glen Campbell Forums will be working on an initiative next year to gather copies (in PDF format) of all the Glen Campbell fan club newsletters to upload to the forums so that everyone can enjoy reading these publications. It seems that most of us have incomplete sets if any newsletters at all. I have found most of the newsletters that I have to be invaluable in terms of learning what Glen was doing and when. Did I post the very first newsletter from 1968, I think, on the old forum? Or, perhaps I just emailed it to the mailing list? Time to upload it here!

Mike, thanks again for taking the time to track down that 1979 issue of the Glen Campbell Appreciation Society's publication with the obscure information that we were seeking.

Dee
P.S. Would anyone like a nice picture of "El Capitan" on the front cover of an album? :(