Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums On The Net
(c) 2014-2020 GLEN CAMPBELL FORUMS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

ESSENTIAL HISTORY THAT MAY SURPRISE YOU * NEW MUSIC RELEASES * BEST VIDEOS * BREAKING NEWS
dee2

Re: Glen Campbell's New DVD/CD Releases

Post by dee2 » Mon May 28, 2018 9:28 pm

Thanks so much for posting an update, arlw, on 'The Astounding 12-String Guitar of Glen Campbell'.
It may still be "the twelfth of never" on this one. Very disappointing.
Please let us know if you find a dealer who has these CDs in stock. If anyone can find a source, you can! :)

A fan alerted me to a new digital release of a song that had only been previously released on CD in 2008:

"I'd Rather Be an Old-Time Christian" with Al Brumley, Jr. and featuring Glen Campbell on the compilation set 'Al Brumley, Jr. Sings 36 Gospel Classics'. Release date: May 17, 2018

This song track is available for purchase on am*zon and likely other online retail sites.

It was also uploaded to YouTube by CDBaby, and fans can listen to it here: :)

arlw

Post by arlw » Tue May 22, 2018 11:20 am

Well, I waited a long time for this release--only to hear that it won't happen from Amazon, where I pre-ordered it!

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

Campbell, Glen "The Astounding 12-String Guitar of....."

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience-----

They said other dealers might have it but not them!! Order was Cancelled.... Rats!! :oops:

arlw

Post by arlw » Sat May 05, 2018 10:14 pm

Jeff Dayton has released a new CD in honor of Glen Campbell--I haven't ordered a copy yet but wanted to put up the website to buy it: Jeff Dayton on Amazon has all the tracks listed and you can hear them/sample them--they are awesome. I am not one to have the MP3 and that's the only way on Amazon so here is the link to Jeff's CD.

http://www.jeffdaytonmusic.com/MUSIC.html

http://www.jeffdaytonmusic.com/SALUTE_TO_GLEN.htm

above is nice info:

dee2

Post by dee2 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:06 pm

debstewart1956 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:22 am
WHY are they not releasing DVD'S of the Goodtime Hour! this is something they should have been doing a Long time ago! Were these under a certain production company, and the rights??
https://www.pinterest.com/alwaysandfo00 ... l-forever/"
In reply to debstewart1956's question about why DVD's of the Goodtime Hour are not being released:

A new interview on vulture.com with Carol Burnett addresses this same matter. Her own long-running variety show with 279 episodes has never been released in full, only edited episodes without music performances and without the "mini-musicals" performed by Carol and company.

Why? Carol gets right to the heart of the issue: "...(t)he cost is prohibitive." The rights to license the original music is too expensive even for Time Life, the company that has released only edited episodes of her show on DVD.

The interviewer remarks to Carol:
...those of us who saw the show (Carol's) in syndication have never seen most of those (music performances). It’s a big problem for so many of the variety shows of that era, and even a lot of scripted shows, because music publishers today just want these crazy fees to license the rights.
Carol replies:
They’re cutting their noses to spite their face. They’re just sitting there. Whereas, if they could strike a deal, they’d get something out of it. People today have no idea what some of the variety shows did. They have no idea.
The full interview can be read using the link below. Carol also talks about the golden era of variety shows on television as well as her new Netflix show.

Glen Campbell fans are fortunate that Shout Factory has released some DVDs and streaming episodes of The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour. The digital "getTV" channel has broadcast a few Music Shows during the past year but it has limited distribution. Of course, we fans would like to see all episodes released. "Fans" also include fans of the other artists who appeared on Glen's shows such as Cher, Linda Ronstadt, Lucille Ball, John Wayne, John Stewart, The Monkees, and many, many more.

For now, we can watch clips (of varying quality) on YouTube. In the future, these clips may or may not be available to watch because of upcoming changes to the YouTube platform.

P.S. Debbie--your pinterest board is looking great with 925 pinned pictures and articles now! Thanks for all you do for Glen's fans!

Netflix Reminds Carol Burnett of the First Golden Age of TV
By Josef Adalian
Vulture.com

http://www.vulture.com/2018/05/carol-bu ... -show.html

arlw

Post by arlw » Tue May 01, 2018 1:34 pm

No Picture or tracks listed on this upcoming CD-anyone know anything about this one on Amazon? :o

Glen Sings For The King

Glen Sings For The King 2018

by Glen Campbell

Audio CD

$14.33
Prime

Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on June 29, 2018.

dee2

Post by dee2 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:26 am

Hi Ar, I received the same email message from amazon and the CD shows as "temporarily out of stock" on their site as well as Bear Family Records, Target, cdbaby, and a couple of other sites. I had ordered a copy in early March, so I don't believe it is a stocking issue. Greyscale is a well-known, reliable label. Perhaps there is still a music rights issue with The Ballad of Jed Clampett? :o

Well, since we all have time on our hands while waiting for this CD of Glen's, I put together a YT playlist with songs of Glen's that relate to "time". Here is the playlist link if anyone is interested: "Glen Campbell ~ It's About Time" at
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... G2SSulXqgv :D

arlw

Post by arlw » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:58 pm

Can't wait for this 12 string guitar either on CD! Got an email yesterday that there will be a delay from Amazon and they asked if I wanted to Cancel the order or wait! Of course I said wait...Anybody else receive this from Amazon? Basically it was this: "We're encountering a delay in shipping the item below" :roll: Hopefully they sold many copies of this CD, and can't keep up with all us Glen Campbell fans!!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:35 pm

That’s great Dee2. The ballad of Jed Clampett is finally available on CD! Thanks for posting!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...

dee2

Post by dee2 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:33 pm

Friday, the 13th of April (2018): A Lucky Day for Fans!

April 13 2018 Release_All Twelve Tracks_gcf.jpg
April 13 2018 Release_All Twelve Tracks_gcf.jpg (96.25 KiB) Viewed 860 times

Greyscale Label reissues Glen Campbell's 1964 album, 'The Astounding 12-String Guitar of Glen Campbell', on CD with ALL original 12 tracks. Prior reissues (CD and digital) were inexplicably incomplete.

This mostly instrumental album includes the following tracks:

1: Lonesome Twelve
2: Puff the Magic Dragon
3: The Ballad of Jed Clampett
4: Blowin' in the Wind
5: 500 Miles Away from Home
6: Walkin' Down the Line
7: 12 String Special
8: Greensleeves
9: Wimoweh (The Lion Sleeps Tonight)
10: Bull Durham
11: La-Bamba
12: This Land Is Your Land

The new CD is now available for pre-order in advance of the April 13th release date at most of the big name online music CD sites -- just first confirm you are selecting this newest release because some sites still have the 10-track CD in stock in addition to this new one.

BobbieG

Post by BobbieG » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:24 am

Good morning,,,,,I found this double CD set at Walmart yesterday!!! an exclusive set from this store and in the good ol' u.s.a.
Previously, it had only been sold in the U.K.,,,,,it is ADIOS the album with a BONUS CD of Mr. Campbell's Greatest Hits.
It seems to be the same Greatest Hits album released in 2009,,,,the tracks remixed,,,,and the audio may be the best ever on any CD.
Wishing all the great fans and my friends here a very Merry Christmas. ♥ BobbieG
Double CD_Greatest Hits and Adios_Glen Campbell Walmart Exclusive.jpeg
Double CD_Greatest Hits and Adios_Glen Campbell Walmart Exclusive.jpeg (45.27 KiB) Viewed 1543 times