Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by Dee »

Hi, Arlw,

Just wanted to let you know that the Southern Nights vinyl on amazon.com (US) now has a photo posted. It appears to be the original album sleeve but is stamped "Imported" in the lower right hand corner of the amazon photo. The price is under $7.00, and the release date is still July 2014. Did you order it yet, and, if so, is it a vinyl LP or a CD?

Thanks!

Dee

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks so much for the heads up on the new "Access All Areas" CD/DVD set, Cowpoke. (Unusual name for a set.)
You saved me from purchasing yet ANOTHER release of the same ol', ol'.

Why can't a record company release the compilation you suggested:
I do hope that one day a compilation will be released of all Glen's early singles and b-sides, meaning every single BEFORE Gentle on My Mind.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Announced on several european music webstores, a CD/DVD set called "Access All Areas". The tracklist indicates another rerelease of Glen's Live at the Dome concert from 1990.... :(

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Dee, Glen recorded Long Black Limousine twice. First as a single, with a full orchestra, then in a country version which appeared on Glen's Big Bluegrass Special album. The single version later also appeared on Glen's second album Too Late to Worry, Too Blue to Cry.

That new compilation compiles the first batch of Glen's early singles with the exception of the 1958 singles on Ceneco.
And it has some tracks that were never released in digital format before. Pretty cool!

I do hope that one day a compilation will be released of all Glen's early singles and b-sides, meaning every single BEFORE Gentle on My Mind.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
siblis

Post by siblis »

This compilation is a mix of "Here I Am--The Early Years" and "The Lost '60s Recordings" in addition to the usual "Big Bluegrass Special" recycled tracks.

However, this set also has "Girls" (B. Dolton), the B-side of the single "Winkie Doll" and "Once More" (GC), the B-side of the single "The Miracle of Love". Have these songs been previously released on a CD?.................I don't think either song has been released before on a cd, which means another purchase for me just to add (2) songs to my collection.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Question about this new release, "Glen Campbell The Early Years":

http://www.amazon.com/Early-Years-ORIGI ... n+campbell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This compilation is a mix of "Here I Am--The Early Years" and "The Lost '60s Recordings" in addition to the usual "Big Bluegrass Special" recycled tracks.

However, this set also has "Girls" (B. Dolton), the B-side of the single "Winkie Doll" and "Once More" (GC), the B-side of the single "The Miracle of Love". Have these songs been previously released on a CD?

A related question:

On the "Hear I Am--The Early Years" CD from 2013, I just noticed that it has two "Long Black Limousine" tracks. Track 12 and Track 25.
Track 25 is titled "Long Black Limousine (Album Version)". If this is the version from the original album, then where is Track 12 taken from?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 07:00 am:

There is a new 2-CD release on amazon.com, an import, with 44 tracks and titled "Wichita Lineman". According to Arlw, this is the same set that was previously released in 2013! Here is Arlw's write-up about that earlier release:

"Glen Campbell – Wichita Lineman- 44 Classic Glen Campbell Songs on 2 CD’s. This is an imported 2 CD set from the UK on Revive- A label of Star code Ltd. REVCD010. This was released in August 2013 from TKO Licensing Ltd. (5-060300-020103.) This is a sealed copy and will remain that way for value purposes only. The 2 CD’s are housed in a cardboard sleeve and then the CD case is a case that holds 2 CD’s. The CD’s are black and actually look like LP’s-they have white writing on them, Glen Campbell Wichita Lineman Disc # 1 and Disc # 2 which is on the flip side of this CD. There is a nice booklet that comes with this CD set. It starts off when Glen was very young and doing studio guitar work and it takes you down memory lane of over 50 years of recording and then it talks about his personal life, the good times and the bad, and also when he was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in 2011. The write up also speaks about Glen’s involvement with John Wayne in the Movies and Norwood, and Glen’s television debut with the Goodtime Hour. It also mentions how he got many stars actually started career wise! Each track that Glen sings tells you who wrote the song. CD1- Contains Studio Recorded cover versions of Classic Songs performed by Glen Campbell and on disc # 1 there are 24 tracks. CD 2- An Original Artist Live Recording, recorded in the UK. CD# 2 contains 20 tracks. Nice selection of songs for Glen Campbell and a terrific write up by Warren Heal, 2013-“Be well Rhinestone Cowboy.” I believe this 2 CD set was a tribute to Glen Campbell from the UK!"

Save your money....

Thanks, Arlw!

-Dee

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 05:07 pm:

Not the first time these recordings from 60s c&w tv show Melody Ranch were released but nevertheless, an interesting collection.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LKLENN ... mp_s_a_1_1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 06:20 am:

I always thought that Live at The Dome was recorded in 1990, not 1991? Does it say 1991 on that new album?

BTW, here's a good review of the Anyway Which Way You Can soundtrack that was recently released on CD.

http://theseconddisc.com/2014/03/12/ray ... om-varese/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Dee for the link!

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 02:43 pm:

Rick,
I would be familiar with the 1991 Concert if they didn't mix the tracks around-take a look.

1. Rhinestone Cowboy (Live)
2. Galveston (Live)
3. By The Time I Get To Phoenix (Live)
4. Try A Little Kindness (Live)
5. Wichita Lineman (Live)
6. She's Gone, Gone, Gone (Live)
7. Walkin' In The Sun (Live)
8. True Grit (Live)
9. The Hand That Rocks Cradle (Live)
10. I Remember You (Live)
11. The Highwayman (Live)
12. Southern Nights (Live)
13. It's Your Amazing Grace (Live)
14. Gentle On My Mind (Live)

It would be interesting to see if track #13 is really "It's Your Amazing Grace" which is from the CD/LP "Ghost on the Canvas"????? Or it's really "Amazing Grace" with the bagpipes and they made a typo. My guess is it's the other track! It appears it's more of a randomly picked group of songs--in any event "It's Gonna Be A Good One."!
I love that picture of Glen--I call it the 70's look!

Recorded Live in 1991 in Doncaster, England -no question about the recording -just the tracks picked!!

-Arlw