Glen Campbell's New DVD/CD Releases: Adiós June 9th

* JIMMY WEBB * SESSION WORK * NEW ALBUM "ADIOS" * GLEN ON YOUTUBE * AND MORE!

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Postby Cowpoke » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:57 am

Glen Campbell The Early Years, due to be released coming week is missing some more early tracks: Nothing Better Than A Pretty Woman, b-side of Death Valley, and Dark As a Dungeon/Divorce Me COD, the second single by the Green River Boys. I like the frontcover though...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00O8VPVKG/
I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Postby siblis » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:06 am

Usually when an Artist passes away, Record Companies will release unreleased songs, demo's, outtakes, live recordings, etc.....to make $$$ off the Individual who died. I believe that someone will do that when Glen passes, maybe we will see a DVD Box set of the "Goodtime Hour Shows" UNCUT & Complete.
siblis

Postby Dee » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:17 pm

I hear you, Ravensfan!
We would love to see some rare or previously unreleased songs on an album or in a box set, wouldn't we?
It must be lucrative for a label to re-release the original tracks. Maybe new packaging appeals to new fans?
Thanks for posting!
Dee :)
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Ravensfan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:18 pm

Why put old tracks on an album and rerelease it unless the tracks are done differently. If you Go Away is already on Wichita Lineman.
Ravensfan

Postby Dee » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi, Arlw,

Just wanted to let you know that the Southern Nights vinyl on amazon.com (US) now has a photo posted. It appears to be the original album sleeve but is stamped "Imported" in the lower right hand corner of the amazon photo. The price is under $7.00, and the release date is still July 2014. Did you order it yet, and, if so, is it a vinyl LP or a CD?

Thanks!

Dee
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Dee » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:24 am

Thanks so much for the heads up on the new "Access All Areas" CD/DVD set, Cowpoke. (Unusual name for a set.)
You saved me from purchasing yet ANOTHER release of the same ol', ol'.

Why can't a record company release the compilation you suggested:

I do hope that one day a compilation will be released of all Glen's early singles and b-sides, meaning every single BEFORE Gentle on My Mind.
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Cowpoke » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:42 am

Announced on several european music webstores, a CD/DVD set called "Access All Areas". The tracklist indicates another rerelease of Glen's Live at the Dome concert from 1990.... :(
Cowpoke

Postby Cowpoke » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:26 am

Dee, Glen recorded Long Black Limousine twice. First as a single, with a full orchestra, then in a country version which appeared on Glen's Big Bluegrass Special album. The single version later also appeared on Glen's second album Too Late to Worry, Too Blue to Cry.

That new compilation compiles the first batch of Glen's early singles with the exception of the 1958 singles on Ceneco.
And it has some tracks that were never released in digital format before. Pretty cool!

I do hope that one day a compilation will be released of all Glen's early singles and b-sides, meaning every single BEFORE Gentle on My Mind.
Cowpoke

Postby siblis » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:02 am

This compilation is a mix of "Here I Am--The Early Years" and "The Lost '60s Recordings" in addition to the usual "Big Bluegrass Special" recycled tracks.

However, this set also has "Girls" (B. Dolton), the B-side of the single "Winkie Doll" and "Once More" (GC), the B-side of the single "The Miracle of Love". Have these songs been previously released on a CD?.................I don't think either song has been released before on a cd, which means another purchase for me just to add (2) songs to my collection.
siblis

Postby Dee » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:37 pm

Question about this new release, "Glen Campbell The Early Years":

http://www.amazon.com/Early-Years-ORIGI ... n+campbell

This compilation is a mix of "Here I Am--The Early Years" and "The Lost '60s Recordings" in addition to the usual "Big Bluegrass Special" recycled tracks.

However, this set also has "Girls" (B. Dolton), the B-side of the single "Winkie Doll" and "Once More" (GC), the B-side of the single "The Miracle of Love". Have these songs been previously released on a CD?

A related question:

On the "Hear I Am--The Early Years" CD from 2013, I just noticed that it has two "Long Black Limousine" tracks. Track 12 and Track 25.
Track 25 is titled "Long Black Limousine (Album Version)". If this is the version from the original album, then where is Track 12 taken from?
Dee
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to All Things Glen ~ Dear Glen, Rest in Peace