Glen Campbell's New DVD/CD Releases: Adiós June 9th

* JIMMY WEBB * SESSION WORK * NEW ALBUM "ADIOS" * GLEN ON YOUTUBE * AND MORE!

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Postby Dee » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:37 pm

Question about this new release, "Glen Campbell The Early Years":

http://www.amazon.com/Early-Years-ORIGI ... n+campbell

This compilation is a mix of "Here I Am--The Early Years" and "The Lost '60s Recordings" in addition to the usual "Big Bluegrass Special" recycled tracks.

However, this set also has "Girls" (B. Dolton), the B-side of the single "Winkie Doll" and "Once More" (GC), the B-side of the single "The Miracle of Love". Have these songs been previously released on a CD?

A related question:

On the "Hear I Am--The Early Years" CD from 2013, I just noticed that it has two "Long Black Limousine" tracks. Track 12 and Track 25.
Track 25 is titled "Long Black Limousine (Album Version)". If this is the version from the original album, then where is Track 12 taken from?
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:14 am

Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 07:00 am:

There is a new 2-CD release on amazon.com, an import, with 44 tracks and titled "Wichita Lineman". According to Arlw, this is the same set that was previously released in 2013! Here is Arlw's write-up about that earlier release:

"Glen Campbell – Wichita Lineman- 44 Classic Glen Campbell Songs on 2 CD’s. This is an imported 2 CD set from the UK on Revive- A label of Star code Ltd. REVCD010. This was released in August 2013 from TKO Licensing Ltd. (5-060300-020103.) This is a sealed copy and will remain that way for value purposes only. The 2 CD’s are housed in a cardboard sleeve and then the CD case is a case that holds 2 CD’s. The CD’s are black and actually look like LP’s-they have white writing on them, Glen Campbell Wichita Lineman Disc # 1 and Disc # 2 which is on the flip side of this CD. There is a nice booklet that comes with this CD set. It starts off when Glen was very young and doing studio guitar work and it takes you down memory lane of over 50 years of recording and then it talks about his personal life, the good times and the bad, and also when he was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in 2011. The write up also speaks about Glen’s involvement with John Wayne in the Movies and Norwood, and Glen’s television debut with the Goodtime Hour. It also mentions how he got many stars actually started career wise! Each track that Glen sings tells you who wrote the song. CD1- Contains Studio Recorded cover versions of Classic Songs performed by Glen Campbell and on disc # 1 there are 24 tracks. CD 2- An Original Artist Live Recording, recorded in the UK. CD# 2 contains 20 tracks. Nice selection of songs for Glen Campbell and a terrific write up by Warren Heal, 2013-“Be well Rhinestone Cowboy.” I believe this 2 CD set was a tribute to Glen Campbell from the UK!"

Save your money....

Thanks, Arlw!

-Dee
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:14 am

Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 05:07 pm:

Not the first time these recordings from 60s c&w tv show Melody Ranch were released but nevertheless, an interesting collection.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LKLENN ... mp_s_a_1_1

-Cowpoke
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:11 am

Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 06:20 am:

I always thought that Live at The Dome was recorded in 1990, not 1991? Does it say 1991 on that new album?

BTW, here's a good review of the Anyway Which Way You Can soundtrack that was recently released on CD.

http://theseconddisc.com/2014/03/12/ray ... om-varese/

Thanks Dee for the link!

-Cowpoke
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:09 am

Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 02:43 pm:

Rick,
I would be familiar with the 1991 Concert if they didn't mix the tracks around-take a look.

1. Rhinestone Cowboy (Live)
2. Galveston (Live)
3. By The Time I Get To Phoenix (Live)
4. Try A Little Kindness (Live)
5. Wichita Lineman (Live)
6. She's Gone, Gone, Gone (Live)
7. Walkin' In The Sun (Live)
8. True Grit (Live)
9. The Hand That Rocks Cradle (Live)
10. I Remember You (Live)
11. The Highwayman (Live)
12. Southern Nights (Live)
13. It's Your Amazing Grace (Live)
14. Gentle On My Mind (Live)

It would be interesting to see if track #13 is really "It's Your Amazing Grace" which is from the CD/LP "Ghost on the Canvas"????? Or it's really "Amazing Grace" with the bagpipes and they made a typo. My guess is it's the other track! It appears it's more of a randomly picked group of songs--in any event "It's Gonna Be A Good One."!
I love that picture of Glen--I call it the 70's look!

Recorded Live in 1991 in Doncaster, England -no question about the recording -just the tracks picked!!

-Arlw
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:08 am

Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 02:33 pm:

New CD released yesterday. Just live recordings from a 1991 concert in Doncaster England. Anyone familiar with this concert? Glen's got that George Jones 70s look going on the cover photo.

http://www.amazon.com/Country-Glen-Camp ... n+campbell

-Rick
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:26 am

Posted on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 12:47 am:

Just when you think you have it all - Amazon releases 2 more of new Glen Campbell CD's! I think they are both a pre-order. One is this and there is no picture yet or even the tracks and the other we all know and love!

Millennium Collection: 20th Century Masters
Glen Campbell (Artist) | Format: Audio CD
Price: $5.98 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details
This title will be released on April 1, 2014.
Pre-order now.

Audio CD (April 1, 2014)
Number of Discs: 1
Label: Capitol Nashville

And here is the other:

Any Which Way You Can [Soundtrack]
Clint Eastwood (Artist), Glen Campbell (Artist), Ray Charles (Artist), Frizzell & West (Artist), Sondra Locke (Artist), Fats Domino (Artist), Jim Stafford (Artist), Johnny Duncan (Artist), Gene Watson (Artist), John Durrill (Artist) |

Format: Audio CD
Price: $12.11 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35.
This one was released in Feb. 2014!

So, they keep rolling along!

I pre-ordered the Love and Live and haven't gotten that one yet!

-Arlw
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:13 am

Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 09:49 am:

Here's a review of David Nail's new album.

http://www.countryweekly.com/reviews/im-fire-david-nail

"Then there’s the pristine cover of Glen Campbell’s “Galveston” with Lee Ann Womack, which closes the album. It’s a perfect fit for David’s magnificent voice, and a straight line drawn back to another guy who could sing anything."

-Cowpoke
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:11 am

Posted on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 04:54 am:

Here's another track I hadn't heard before! A fun duet version of I Love My Truck featuring Glen Campbell and Clay Cooper!

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Truck-feat-G ... B00BHRCZVW

-Cowpoke
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:09 am

Posted on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 04:06 pm:

I have been sleeping guys. Capitol has released a previously unreleased Glen Campbell track from the Vaults!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GWV ... B00GWVB27G

It's "Everybody Loves Somebody" recorded february 2nd 1963!

It has been released on December 10, 2013 on a mp3 album called Capitol Vaults: Lost Treasures Volume 1.

Let's hope that there will be many more volumes!

And to make things even better, Glen's live version of "The Impossible Dream" from the 1970 "Proudly They Came to Honor America" album has also been released digitally!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E40 ... 98%3C/a%3E

-Cowpoke
admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to All Things Glen