Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
arlw

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by arlw »

Actually Dee, I haven't ordered that new Bluegrass just yet. I wanted to get the Love Songs too, but for what they NOW want for that one, I will wait. I think it's terrible and also disgusting that dealers/stores are taking advantage of Glen's inability for their own gain!

Dee

Post by Dee »

HI, ar....just wanted to share that I had ordered the compilation of recycled tracks, Ballads and Bluegrass, on February 6th.
The estimated time of arrival is now March 4 - 17! Perhaps because this CD is imported to the U.S.?
Hopefully, you received your copy.
Dee

Dee

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell Norwood Poster.jpg
Glen Campbell Norwood Poster.jpg (19.49 KiB) Viewed 5791 times
The universe works in mysterious ways. This video was suggested to me on YouTube today: the movie, "Norwood"! It looks pretty clean, and the audio is very good!
(At some point, I'll move these "Norwood" related posts to a new "Norwood" topic under this forum, so we can more easily find the posts later on.)

arlw

Post by arlw »

Here is a link for those interested in getting a DVD of NORWOOD!!

http://sunshinevm.com/norwood.html?gcli ... aQodbNoM1Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They appear to be an OK place but I have never used them! You can order this through the mail or right from their website. You have to remember that NORWOOD only came out on a VHS format because it only aired on TV, so really what you are getting is just a copy/bootleg. Anyone that has Norwood on a VHS tape and has a machine to transfer it, can do this same thing...I guess I don't like to pay for an item that I KNOW is not the real thing. If I did it, that's different because I am not selling an unauthorized product...Just my 2 cents! Glen and everyone else makes nothing on this--just the website/dealer....

arlw

Post by arlw »

Dee,
You are most welcome for the info on Norwood. I have a VHS to DVD machine---it's really passé already as most people have the DVD to DVD/Blue- Ray! But if you have this transfer machine, and there is NO copyright on there, most likely it will allow you to make any DVD you want!! I also have just a Blue-Ray DVD PLAYER. It plays everything, but only the Blue Ray will appear if that is the disc put in. Otherwise, it's just a regular DVD player

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thank you for the background info on Norwood's releases, Ar.
Yes! If you could let us know when it airs on television, that would be super!
There are so many fans who have yet to see this film.

P.S. I recently read somewhere that if there is a film on DVD that you want for your own movie collection, buy it now.
Why? Because when films are eventually transitioned to a new medium (Blu-ray and beyond), not all of your favorite films will be transferred to the latest and greatest medium.
This is what happened when the DVD format replaced VHS: not all films made it to DVD. :(

arlw

Post by arlw »

Norwood did air on a regular station but to be honest, I don't remember which one! I captured it on a VHS machine many years back. Then I saw it's VHS release in some record stores. The shelf time was very short on that. I don't think it was around very long. People just recorded it when it aired on TV...Even to this day, once in a blue moon, they will run it. If I ever see it listed, I will let you know for sure.

You are welcome on that Promo LP--not many are around so I was happy to get this many years ago.

ar

Dee

Post by Dee »

Ar, the Japanese promo is surely special! I have to wonder how many of the possible 25 Japanese promos still exist?
The movie had such a short run in the U.S. My Mom was in the hospital when it ran for a week or two in my city. I missed it, but eventually bought the soundtrack and songbook.
It aired once on a minor Washington tv station, that I knew about, and the signal was bad. Did it ever air on a major network?
I have never seen Norwood on VHS; it must have had a small production!
Thanks for the promo info!
Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

Dee,
The Norwood LP as you know was released in the US. But other countries released them too in an LP format. I have one from Great Britain, Australia, and Venezuela. My favorite LP of this Norwood is this as it's from Japan!

Norwood Original Soundtrack from the Paramount Picture “Norwood.” Vocals by Glen Campbell Orchestra by Al De Lory. This LP is an imported PROMO on RED VINYL from Japan. CP-80062. It is in Stereo. The front picture is identical to the US release, but this LP has the OBI SASH down the left side and it is all in Japanese. The back has Japanese writing and also lists the tracks in English with all the lyrics as well. Made in Japan. The jacket is near mint condition and so is the LP. The red vinyl record looks like it’s never been played! (SW1-475/SW2-475). That is the US number. This is an unbelievable promotional RARE red vinyl imported record from Japan. The white label says Capitol and it also has 10/25 which almost says that maybe only 25 of these promos were pressed in red vinyl. No date is listed on this record

Interesting record!

I would love for them to release this in another fashion....Those that have the VHS, like me are able to create a DVD format if they have that machine to do it.

arlw

Post by arlw »

In answer to your question Dee about Norwood--it was NEVER released on a CD. The only way it came out was a VHS recording. Anything else is considered a bootleg, unless it's a PROMO...