Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Capitol Vaults Lost Treasures Vol. 2

Post by Cowpoke »

Yeehaw! Capitol has released a second volume in their Capitol Vaults: Lost Treasures series.
Volume 1 had one previously unreleased track by Glen called "Everybody Loves Somebody" (not the Dean Martin song).

http://www.amazon.com/Capitol-Vaults-Lo ... B00GWVAVS2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Volume 2 has two tracks by Glen!

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.u ... t=V5960627" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are "Athena" and "Thanks to You".

"Athena" was originally recorded January 8, 1964 (matrix number 51162). "Thanks to You" was recorded on September 1st, 1964 (matrix number 52774). (Thank you Richard Price)

I have not found this mp3 album on amazon.com yet, but I'm sure that's only a matter of time. Can't wait to hear these tracks and to hear what you all think of them!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
siblis

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by siblis »

Below is the U.K. Amazon Link....it has been pushed back now until December, that is why it was pulled off Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Early-Years ... s_ep_dpi_1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

arlw

Post by arlw »

Amazon has been out of this new upcoming CD release of Glen Campbell and STILL ARE, which by the way-it is imported CD from the UK on Jasmine Records. I located 1 copy several hours ago on eBay and being cheaper there, even with shipping, I took it! They only wanted 12.00 plus 3.00 to ship to the US! So, with 33 tracks, I think I will enjoy this when it shows up! Just FYI--I hope you all can locate a copy.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Arlw, I just pre-ordered it (but didn't complete the order with payment yet). I was able to select and add it to my cart for check-out -- 7:30 pm ET.
Thanks so much for the reminder about its release on the 7th.
Please let us know if you were able to pre-order it tonight.
Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

Trying to order Glen's new CD on Amazon but they say it's unavailable -----any clues as to what happened as they were taking pre-orders and I think it's due out tomorrow??? Thanks.

arlw

Post by arlw »

The Early Years [ORIGINAL RECORDINGS REMASTERED] [Import]
Glen Campbell | Format: Audio CD

Checked this out on Amazon--this is not available at the moment -----what happened to the pre-order on this CD?????? Thanks

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Glen Campbell The Early Years, due to be released coming week is missing some more early tracks: Nothing Better Than A Pretty Woman, b-side of Death Valley, and Dark As a Dungeon/Divorce Me COD, the second single by the Green River Boys. I like the frontcover though...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00O8VPVKG/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
siblis

Post by siblis »

Usually when an Artist passes away, Record Companies will release unreleased songs, demo's, outtakes, live recordings, etc.....to make $$$ off the Individual who died. I believe that someone will do that when Glen passes, maybe we will see a DVD Box set of the "Goodtime Hour Shows" UNCUT & Complete.

Dee

Post by Dee »

I hear you, Ravensfan!
We would love to see some rare or previously unreleased songs on an album or in a box set, wouldn't we?
It must be lucrative for a label to re-release the original tracks. Maybe new packaging appeals to new fans?
Thanks for posting!
Dee :)

Ravensfan

Post by Ravensfan »

Why put old tracks on an album and rerelease it unless the tracks are done differently. If you Go Away is already on Wichita Lineman.