Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
admin
Site Admin

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by admin »

Posted on Friday, July 27, 2012 - 03:15 am:

My friend Bruno come up with this infos!

I think it`s funny, but looks when they mention on Amazon, other places a CD is = CD + DVD included in same package???

IN SESSION CD / DVD Track Listing

[CD]
01. "Light Years"
02. "If These Walls Could Speak"
03. "Galveston"
04. "Where’s the Playground Susie?"
05. "MacArthur Park"
06. "Wichita Lineman"
07. "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"
08. "Sunshower"
09. "Still Within the Sound of my Voice"

[DVD]
ACT1:
01. Excerpt from “By The Time I Get To Phoenix”
02. Jimmy Webb on meeting Glen for the first time
03. "Light Years"
04. Glen & Jimmy discuss “If These Walls Could Speak
05. "If These Walls Could Speak"
06. Glen & Jimmy discuss “Galveston”
07. "Galveston"
08. Glen & Jimmy discuss “Where’s the Playground Susie?”
09. "Where’s the Playground Susie?"
10. "MacArthur Park"

ACT2:
01. Excerpt from “Almost Alright Again”
02. Jimmy Webb on “Wichita Lineman”
03. "Wichita Lineman"
04. Jimmy Webb on “The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress”
05. Glen & Jimmy discuss “Honey Come Back” & “Sunshower”
06. "The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress"
07. Jimmy Webb on “By The Time I Get to Phoenix”
08. "Sunshower"
09. "Still Within the Sound of My Voice"

Sincerely

erik "the Dane"

-erik christensen

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, July 23, 2012 - 04:10 pm:

Thank you Dee for the information.
Regarding the Ronnie Milsap special. I looked it up. Glen is performing Faithless Love and Amazing Grace with Ronnie.

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 02:03 pm:

@ Cowpoke:

In addition to "A Postcard from California," track 1, Glen is listed on track 12, "California Dreamin'" as one of the "Vocals" with Al Jardine and David Crosby.

Glen is NOT listed on any tracks as guitarist.

On the inside of the CD cover, Al writes:
"I want to thank all of the artists who volunteered their time, which is the most valuable thing they have, beside their immense talent." ["artists" are not identified]

-Dee

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 05:23 am:

I am still trying to find out which song Glen is playing on this DVD:

http://www.bear-family.de/en/dvd-video/ ... ation.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

I seem to remember Glen singing "Faithless Love" on a Ronnie Milsap special from the 80s but I am not sure. Can anyone help?

----------------------------

Thanks to a fellow GC fan I found out that Glen is singing lead vocals on one other track from Al Jardine's solo album "A Postcard from California". Check out Al's wonderful version of "California Dreamin'", on which Glen takes the lead vocal in the second verse!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MS ... m_dp_trk12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder if he sings lead on even more songs. Maybe I should actually buy the whole album... :-)

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 04:46 pm:

This is one I completely missed. Apparantly Glen performs Rhinestone Cowboy on here.

http://www.amazon.com/Rich-Little-Show- ... B004EI2NO0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arlw, perhaps have you some more details on this one? Thanks!

And what about this one?

http://www.bear-family.de/en/dvd-video/ ... ation.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Apparantly Glen is on here too?

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 10:03 pm:

Good find! I googled...

Releases August 21, 2012:

This 15-song collection celebrates his (Glen Campbell's) life and music and is a testament to his commitment to Christ. The Inspirational Collection brings together the best of Glen's Christian recordings - from his no. 1 classic, "No More Night" to songs from his best-selling hymns project.
DESCRIPTION:
No More Night, Standing On The Promises, What A Friend We Have In Jesus, Softly And Tenderly, Sweet Hour Of Prayer, I Surrender All, The Lord's Prayer, Tall Oak Tree, Sweet By And By, Farther Along, In The Garden, Good Side Of Tomorrow, When All Of God's Singers Get Home, Who Will Sing One More Song, You Ask Me How I Know

-Dee

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 08:57 pm:

http://www.ccmusic.com/item.cfm?itemid=354720X" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone have any info on this CD?\

-Arlw

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 03:05 am:

Not new, but new to me. You can now download some obscure tracks from The Champs (of Tequila fame) on which Glen is playing, for instance San Juan, Jalisco and Bull Durham (the last two he also wrote/arranged).

Look for the album "Much More Tequila" (5 volumes) on iTunes or Spotify.

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 06:12 pm:

Wanted to let you all know that I picked up a really neat CD today. Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Retrospective-Includes 11 song CD plus 72 pages of exclusive interviews, photos, and more-THE BEACH BOYS. This opens like a book and the CD is on the left side. At the end of the 72 pages they added 3 postcards which are really neat. The reason for posting this is they DO mention Glen Campbell several times throughout the booklet. They even say that Glen replaced Brian Wilson back in 1965 so I thought it was nice of them to recognize Glen and his talent for the group. The 11 tracks are fantastic and well worth the price at Wal-mart. They are the OLDER songs and Glen was a part of that as well. They included an exclusive 2012 version of "Do It Again." The Beach Boys mention that they have worked on that song for over 30 years and finally recorded it! A nice thing to have with Glen Campbell mentioned.

-Arlw

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 05:19 pm:

Cowpoke-here is that Through the Years release: The problem I had was the DVD was a DOUBLE LAYERED DISC and if your dvd machine is not a newer machine or newer technology, it won't play!

Glen Campbell Through The Years Live-Ultimate Collection-Limited Edition Fan Pack-This is an imported release that contains a Compact Disc Digital Audio AND a DVD Video. October 28, 2011 release date from the UK.TKO Licensing Ltd. ESMDVD001. This collection contains footage from Media Home Entertainment-2011. It is marketed and distributed by Universal Music Group-Made in the EU. Great pictures of Glen Campbell, Bonus material which is over 20 tracks including instrumentals, medleys and duets with famous friends, PLUS 3 Souvenir Postcards. Featuring a DVD of a collection of his TV appearances through the years and a CD of a concert performance. Glen at his best, singing many of his greatest hits and his favorite songs. Inside the booklet Glen Campbell writes a “With Special Thanks To.” Glen and Kim Campbell are listed first. This is a fabulous CD/DVD set put out by Glen Campbell. This double set is a nice release from Great Britain. This DVD is a double layered Disc and will not play on my regular DVD player as the machine will not recognize the DVD. It would have to be a newer machine to play the DVD. It does play on our computer-only because our systems are about a year old and can’t support the double layered disc. The newer DVD systems will have no problems with it. And you can also buy a double layer disc and possibly transfer it over by dubbing it from the computer.

I am hoping that the newer one that will be released will be able to play on our systems and everyone elses. Thanks

-Arlw