Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
siblis

Re: Capitol Vaults Lost Treasures Vol. 2

Post by siblis »

Wow..would have been real nice if they were somewhat included on that new CD that just came out a few days ago: Glen Campbell The Early years.

Cowpoke

Re: Capitol Vaults Lost Treasures Vol. 2

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Dee,
I finally put them on my ipod! Athena is a romantic pop ballad. One fellow fan told me it is very similar to Glen's early single "Prima Donna" and I think that is spot on. The rhythm, backing, instrumentation, it's all very similar. I have been researching on who wrote it. Their is a good chance it was written by Glen's fellow band member from The Champs, Jimmy Seals, who wrote a song called Athena in 1964, the year the song was recorded by Glen.

http://www.sealsandcrofts.com/sealscrofts1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to You is a mix between a country song and a smooth pop production, much in the style of the Too Late To Worry, Too Blue to Cry album. So expect to hear violins and a full choir in the background too.

All in all, these are fully realized productions, not some halfdone demos. I am very glad we can hear them now, exactly 50 years after they were recorded. Which makes me wonder.... would the expiring of copyrights or publishing rights after 50 years have anything to do with these releases? Last year, 2013, we had "Everybody Loves Somebody" which was recorded in 1963, again exactly 50 years between recording and release!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by Cowpoke »

"Girls" by Billy Dolton has been released on CD before in 1998...

http://rcs-discography.com/rcs/comp.php?key=1680" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and on several more recent digital download albums. I do think this is the first time the song has been released on an album released under Glen's name.
I think "Once More" is the only track that hasn't released before in digital format, but still, it's a nice collection. I hope subsequent releases will include more and more early singles and b-sides.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
siblis

Post by siblis »

Dee....Maybe arlw knowa more, but I have listed the ones that have been released before on CD that I know of:

Track Listings
1. Winkie Doll (Billy Dolton) .....................Released
2. Girls (Billy Dolton)
3. Valley Of Death (Death Valley) (Glen Campbell) .......................Released
4. Turn Around, Look At Me (Glen Campbell) ........................Released
5. Brenda (Glen Campbell) ...................................................Released
6. Buzz Saw (The Gee Cees) ..............................................Released
7. Annie Had A Party (The Gee Cees) ...............................Released
8. Scratchin' (The Fleas) ......................................................................Released
9. Tears (The Fleas) ..........................................................................Released
10. The Miracle Of Love (Glen Campbell) ................................Released
11. Once More (Glen Campbell)
12. Desire (The Trophies) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Released
13. Doggone It (The Trophies) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Released
14. Too Late To Worry, Too Blue To Cry (Glen Campbell) ..........................Released
15. How Do I Tell My Heart Not To Break? (Glen Campbell) ............................Released
16. Peg O' My Heart (The Trophies) ........................................................................Released
17. I Laughed So Hard I Cried (The Trophies) ..............................................Released
18. Long Black Limousine (Glen Campbell) ...................................Released
19. Here I Am (Glen Campbell) ..................................................................Released
20. Kentucky Means Paradise (The Green River Boys Feat Glen Campbell) .........................Released
21. Truck Drivin' Man (The Green River Boys Feat Glen Campbell) ......................................Released
22. Felicia (The Trophies) ..........................................................................Released
23. That's All I Want From You (The Trophies) ........................................................Released
24. There's More Pretty Girls Than One (The Green River Boys Feat Glen Campbell) ....................Released
25. Weary Lonesome Blues (The Green River Boys Feat Glen Campbell) ......................................Released
26. No Vacancy (The Green River Boys Feat Glen Campbell) ...........................................................Released
27. Rainin' On The Mountain (The Green River Boys Feat Glen Campbell) ......................................Released
28. Brown's Ferry Blues (The Green River Boys Feat Glen Campbell) ....................................Released
29. Lonesome Jailhouse Blues (The Green River Boys Feat Glen Campbell) ..........................Released
30. 100 Miles Away From Home (The Green River Boys Feat Glen Campbell) ..........................Released
31. This Old White Mule Of Mine (The Green River Boys Feat Glen Campbell) .....................................Released
32. Poor Boy Lookin' For A Home (The Green River Boys Feat Glen Campbell) ................................Released
33. Long Black Limousine (The Green River Boys Feat Glen Campbell)........................................Released

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks for checking your database, arlw! Your comparison list should be very interesting to read!
Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

Dee,
Glad you are getting the CD. I hope to receive mine soon. No problem checking the data base. I will do that when the main system is on. It would be interesting to see what came out on a 45 and a CD. No problem at this end. Takes 5 minutes to locate the material, once on the main computer is on. I am also very curious like you are. Thanks for the reply.
ar

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, arlw,
That would be a lot of research, if you have to search through 600 records or even your database. Six hundred 45s!!
I was just curious, so please don't do the research just on my account. This new set is already on my list to buy!
Thanks!
Dee
(P.S. I am sorry -- I hadn't noticed that your user name is spelled with all lowercase letters; that's fine here and thanks for checking.)

arlw

Post by arlw »

Would like to request one thing if ok with the moderators. When people post using our code name, can you please post it in small letters instead of caps? Thank you as I find it somewhat rude....

arlw

Post by arlw »

Siblis,
I think Most of these tracks might have made it to a CD somewhere along the way, but I also think that there are a few that were Never released onto a disc. The ones that did make it were bootleg material and I really don't count that. I think having this CD is an awesome item for anyones Glen collection. Dee, I would have to research your question. I have close to 600 45 rpms! Most are all Glen and others are Glen on the recordings. I love it!

Dee

Post by Dee »

This is a great set! Thank you, Arlw, for posting the tracks!
Aren't there at least a couple of tracks that have never been released on CD previously?
Thanks again!
Dee