Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Discussion of the Week: Is Glen "live" always better?

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Elusive Butterfly

Re: Discussion of the Week: Is Glen "live" always better?

Post by Elusive Butterfly »

Hi Cowpoke...and other Glen-friends. I do tend to agree with you, on Glen's live performances are even more "catching and gripping", than maybe his session stuff is. Though I love and adore it all. The example you here come up with, is outstanding. And it is true, that Glen,s voice, give us this little "extra" touch, that goes straight to one's heart. I am more than thankful, that we have so much encredible material out on Youtube, for us to dwell on and to enjoy for....always. I'll just post this clip, where I do think Glen's live performance is topping any recording. Besides this is probably on my top-5 Glen list. Elusive Butterfly.

Cowpoke

Discussion of the Week: Is Glen "live" always better?

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi all,
Are Glen's live versions of songs always better than his already great studio performances? And why would that be?

Take for instance this live version of "Home Again" by Glen, recently posted by vanibat on youtube.

To me, he tops the wonderful studio version with this performance. Why? Well, maybe it's the fact that we can hear his guitar playing better and the orchestra is not so overwhelming. But also, Glen's voice seems more emotional to me.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you have other examples? One youtube or simply concerts you witnessed? Or can some studio versions never be topped?

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...