Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I'll Be Me - The Documentary

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: I'll Be Me

Post by Cowpoke »

Sad clip from I'll Be Me...
http://www.thewrap.com/watch-glen-campb ... ive-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Very positive review of I'll Be Me.

http://www.flickfilosopher.com/2015/02/ ... power.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Here's that video on youtube.

Dee

Post by Dee »

An awesome video find, Cowpoke! I agree, Randy--great, well-deserved compliments!

I think you all will be glad to know that these clips were in the latest version of "I'll Be Me", the one that I saw in November 2014.

The Elevator Scene with Glen, Kim, Ashley and Paul McCartney totally rocks! Keith Urban, too! He really "gets" Glen Campbell. Really, all of the testimonials are tremendous.

The scene with Blake Shelton is actually a bit longer...it was taken during a rehearsal...maybe for the 2012 Grammys?...I remember seeing Julian Raymond rehearsing in the band!

Isn't that scene showing Glen overwhelmed with Hawaiian wreaths or leis from the very first Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour? I love that that piece of footage got into the film.

And I think it was very smart of James Keach to include Steve Martin's interview because Steve was a writer for the Goodtime Hour, so Steve was able to share his perspective about Glen from the late sixties.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

That's great Randy. So most of these comments are outtakes, not seen in the movie? That makes it extra special.
Isn't it awesome to have Paul McCartney coming up to Glen after the 2012 Grammy performance and tell Glen that he loves him?
And Bruce Springsteen, still one of the biggest artists on the planet. He really nails it, in describing Glen's brilliance as a singer.

Randy

Post by Randy »

@Cowpoke, Thx so much for that link. I need to check with Dee, but I don't recall but maybe 10% of that being in the movie.
Great well deserved compliments!!!

I'm off to watch that again!!!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Some cool excerpts from the movie. Celebrities singing Glen's praises. Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, Steve Martin, just to name a few.

https://screen.yahoo.com/glen-campbell- ... 00198.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

@ Cowpoke: lol
I really would like to know how many of the voting members actually saw "I'll Be Me". Just curious because we have seen a few news reports about a screener not being available for this documentary.
Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

I vote against the Satellite Awards! :(

Dee

Post by Dee »

Results of Satellite Awards
February 15, 2015 -- Presentation of the 19th Annual Satellite Awards in Century City, CA

"I'm Not Gonna Miss You" did not win an award. It had been nominated for Best Original Song.
"I'll Be Me" did not win an award. It had been nominated for Best Motion Picture, Documentary.

Still, congrats on their nominations by the International Press Academy!

http://www.pressacademy.com/award_cat/current-nominees/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;