Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I'll Be Me - The Documentary

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
admin
Site Admin

Re: I'll Be Me

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 12:49 pm:

In all honesty Dee's summary is spot on about the film. Mr. Keach and Mr. Albert were there as well as probly 35 members of the Campbell Clan that I know for a fact included friends of the family.

When you get to see it one thing that probably touched me most of all was and I'm so glad they showed it was the constant filming of the,,,
"Standing Ovations".

To me that is where you see ,, what Glen and his family, band, and friends are constantly talking about,,,,, "Love"..

Like at the Grammy's ,,, night after night after night of "Love"...

Glen loves the Jerry Reed song "A thing called Love"

But yes you "can see it with your eyes" ,,, and "Ever since time nothing's ever been found stronger than love"

All of us here I know almost feel like Glen's family. We do. We love him. Those standing ovations mean so much for us to see. I can assure you that in the theatre that night and I know Dee can confirm this when she went you could feel the love. Kim talks about it, Ashley talks about it, Shannon talks about it, Cal talks about it, Debby talks about it, and all of Glen's family and immediate friends talk about it. James Keach talks about it, Mr Albert talks about it, and we talk about it. Mr. James Keach and Mr. Trevor Albert thank you for getting it on film.

The Campbell family are just like Glen. All of em such so nice people that you love. I know they are so proud of Glen and their numbers in attendance that night gave me confirmation in their support of this film.

About 8 of em got up after the film and sang a medley of Glen's hits that ended in Glen's possibly favorite song Amazing Grace.

Again, Dee is such a great writer, and I'm not so her summary is spot on about the film. Great job Dee and

Welcome Back :)

-Randy Moore

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 07:36 am:

Randy, could you perhaps tell us a little more about the screening and the discussion afterwards. What was your impression of the movie? Was Glen's family there too and did they sing? Please, we're dying for more details! :)

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Friday, July 11, 2014 - 12:33 am:

Cowpoke,,, I did go and thank you and Dee for giving me heads up and reminders about the show..

Excellent

-Randy Moore

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Friday, July 04, 2014 - 03:51 am:

It does look great, doesn't it Stephen. However, I have not seen the movie myself yet, but I can imagine they use this prologue to paint a picture of Glen's career and legacy. After that, I imagine they will focus on the Goodbye Tour and the struggles with Glen's illness.

Randy, you think you will be able to attend this advanced screening of the movie?

http://swtimes.com/features/entertainme ... eening-set" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe Glen's siblings will be there too, to sing?

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2014 - 11:53 am:

Irrespective of what insight or message this documentary gives into the subject of AlZ and Glen's struggle,it is also clearly going to be a treasure chest of highlights from Glen's career. A great collecters piece and a preservation of Glen's music that only the quality of DVD can give. With the right marketing this will be a great seller.

-stephen.taylor

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 02:35 pm:

Short clip from I'll Be Me and the discussion afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_xXD-FyJus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 10:20 am:

Advance preview screening of I'll Be Me.

http://www.arkansasmpi.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Randy, do you think you'll go?

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2014 - 01:52 pm:

http://www.afi.com/afidocs/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Click on Sneak Preview. A very short
clip of I'll Be Me can be seen there.

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 02:10 am:

Posted on behalf of LeadingAge and EMA:

Don't miss the opportunity to see the documentary, "GLEN CAMPBELL I'll BE ME. Glen and his family as well as James Keach and Trevor Albert were winners of the LeadingAge & EMA 2014 Great Minds Gala Proxmire Award.

This documentary will be featured at the AFI Docs Film Festival on FRIDAY, JUNE 20 AT 7:30PM at the NATIONAL PORTRAIT GALLERY, THE NAN TUCKER MCEVOY AUDITORIUM, 8th and F Streets, NW, G St. entrance in Washington, D.C.

Click here to purchase a ticket
http://afi.com/afidocs/films/glencampbe ... 5pJpJRdWek" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 03:12 am:

Short interview clip of Jane Seymour talking about the new documentary
at the Monte Carlo tv festival.

http://www.wusa9.com/video/361644689100 ... -the-upcom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ing-documentary-on-Glen-Campbell-at-54th-Monte-Carlo-Television-Festival---Day-3

-Cowpoke