Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
marcia hill

Re: Glen Campbell

Post by marcia hill »

Yes, that's the address for UTube...please post it. I t would be an honor to dedicate this to Glenn Campbell and his family and fans...thank you for starting this forum!

Dee

Re: Glen Campbell

Post by Dee »

Hi, marcia, welcome to the Glen Campbell Forums. We appreciate your wonderful post.
Thank you so much for describing how Glen and Kim are interwoven into your life and sharing your tremendous respect for Glen, his genius, and timeless music that you will pass forward to your children and grandchildren. This legacy to your family is surely one of 'amazing grace'.
Glen's legacy is why we fans revitalized and re-established this discussion board. Like you and others here, we want to keep the memories and music alive for fans now and for new fans in the future.
We would very much like to post your performance of "Amazing Grace" here!
Is this the YouTube link? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1_IMneeRcg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If so, we can embed the video here for all to watch without having to look for it on YouTube.
Thank you again!

Dee

marcia hill

Glen Campbell

Post by marcia hill »

I'm a singer and guitarist myself, and my respect for Glenn Campbell, his music, his voice and his awesome talent on the guitar has bee constant. I am from Newport, North Carolina, and I married my husband of 46 years, now, at St. James Methodist Church, Newport, NC, where I believe Glenn once sang...his wife, Kim, being from that area. I know several people who are related to Kim and who knew her. My room mate and I first heard Glenn when we walked in to a restaurant in Greenville, North Carolina as juniors at East Carolina University. He was singing "By the Time I Get to Phoenix". Years later, Jack, my husband, and I heard him live here in Minneapolis/St.Paul. He played "Classical "...he was awesome!! I listen to him a lot, and I never tire of his timeless music. One of my favorites is his recording of "Amazing Grace" where he plays the bagpipes! He's a musical genius, and it is very sad that we have lost him to his Alzheimers. Thank you, his family, for caring for him so lovingly. I watched the tribute to him this year! Glenn Campbell and his music will live on in this home, and I shall pass his legacy along to my children and grandchildren! I'd like to send this music i recorded on Utube to you...Marcia Hill sings Amazing Grace...and dedicate it to Glenn and his family.

Best regards,

marcia p hill