Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Discussion of the Week: Best Duet Partner?

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
BobbieG

Re: Discussion of the Week: Best Duet Partner?

Post by BobbieG »

First time I heard Bobbie & Glen sing together, I cried tears that came straight from the Mississippi.
Don't they sound good together?
I found this video last week. Look at these two, they are grinning like a couple of possums eating a sweet potato.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t6lAgFX6Ns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can someone make this video show up here? Thank you.

Randy

Post by Randy »

Lol, Cowpoke, I absolutely love that one with Shorty. Not just Glen but Shorty too. I think it's awesome and I will post later on what I think about the subject, but "for the good times" with Shorty is one of them. I don't tire of viewing that one.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Great choice Dee. Woodcarver is a wonderful song and duet. I believe at some point Woodcarver in fact was the planned title of that album.

I always thought so too, that Glen sounded best with female duet singers. But when I heard this, I started to doubt...

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Great discussion, Cowpoke. I love listening to Diane Solomon and Glen sing together! (Thank you, Hair!)

Here is *one* of my all-time favorite duets:

[From Glen's 1990 album, "Walkin' in the Sun": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkin%27_in_the_Sun" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]

I am still thinking about your question: Did Glen sound best with a female or male singer?
Right now, I am leaning toward "female". :)

Cowpoke

Discussion of the Week: Best Duet Partner?

Post by Cowpoke »

Glen has sang so many duets during his career. Here's a lesser known duet, posted by Hair last week.

Who do you think is Glen's best duet partner? Did Glen sound best with a female or male singers? What is your all time favorite duet that Glen did?

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...