Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Golden Boot Award Nominations

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Golden Boot Award Nominations!

Post by Dee »

We were so close to winning the Music Video of the Year Award for Glen Campbell. So close!
See: http://theboot.com/maddie-and-tae-2015- ... -the-year/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alan Jackson won for Living Legend.
See: http://theboot.com/alan-jackson-living- ... ot-awards/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Isn't it ironic that it was Glen Campbell who helped Alan Jackson get his career off the ground?
{Jackson) caught his big break when (wife) Denise found country-pop star Glen Campbell waiting for a flight and gave him a copy of her husband's demo tape; Campbell in turn gave her contact information for his music publishing company, and the Jacksons picked up and moved to Nashville shortly thereafter. Campbell's company suggested that Alan take a year and hone his songwriting even further, and so he worked more odd jobs -- including in the mail room at The Nashville Network, plus some session singing -- before finally signing on as a staff writer. By night, he performed in Nashville clubs and recorded an updated demo with songwriter/producer Keith Stegall. In 1989, Jackson became the first artist signed to Arista's new country division.

From: http://www.cmt.com/artists/alan-jackson/biography/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Many, many thanks to all the fans of Glen Campbell's who voted, particularly one fan on our board who was a POWER VOTER for Glen to win a pair of Golden Boots.

Dee

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thank you to all who have voted and please keep those votes coming in!
Glen Campbell is still ahead--but only slightly--for best music video for "I'm Not Gonna Miss You".
Let's get this Golden Boot for Glen!
(The Living Legend award is not looking so good, but we can keep trying, if only to obtain a higher percentage of votes than GC has now.)

Thanks again!

Dee :)

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Well they are closing in again. We have to keep on voting to bring this baby home!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks for sharing this great news, Mike! A good two percent ahead of the competition is a positive change. Fans like you are making a difference!

Dee

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

I just voted Dee,
and Glen is ahead at the moment. Sorry I forgot to write the figures down but it was a good 2% ahead.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Oh, no! "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" for Best Music Vid is behind again.

The M & T fans are voting heavily on their nominated song now.

Fans unite! Please keep voting as often as you can between now and Monday, June 8th, high noon.

We are not the only fans voting...word about the Golden Boot Award nominations has been shared with over 200,000 fans, world-wide.
However, as you can see from the see-sawing of the voting percentages, every fan and every vote counts to win this award (and the Living Legend award) for Glen Campbell. These award votes are entirely fan-driven.

Thanks so much!

Glen Campbell Forums

Dee

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell's fans are making a difference at the polls! Great job!

The percentages of votes for Best Video now look like this:

"I'm Not Gonna Miss You," Glen Campbell 33.8%
"Girl in a Country Song," Maddie & Tae 31.69%

Dee

Post by Dee »

Many thanks to Cowpoke and Surfdog (Surfdog manages Glen Campbell's Official Facebook page). The Golden Boot Awards project is now posted on Glen's Facebook page and is receiving a great response just within a couple of hours or so of its post!

Fans, United We Stand! Keep on voting for both the Living Legacy and Best Music Video Awards for Glen Campbell! All fans everywhere can create a successful outcome!

Lifted from Facebook: [Click on image once to enlarge viewing window.]
Glen Campbell Official_Golden Boot Awards Post.jpg
Glen Campbell Official_Golden Boot Awards Post.jpg (80.45 KiB) Viewed 5610 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

WE HAVE DONE IT, FANS: GLEN IS NOW AHEAD! NOT BY MUCH, BUT HIS PERCENTAGE OF VOTES IS NOW THE HIGHEST! (as of May 26th, 4:10 pm, ET)

Thank you for voting!

"Drunk on a Plane," Dierks Bentley 15.73%
"I'm Not Gonna Miss You," Glen Campbell 30.41%
"American Kids," Kenny Chesney 7.18%
"Take Your Time," Sam Hunt 5.33%
"Bartender," Lady Antebellum 11.43%
"Girl in a Country Song," Maddie & Tae 29.92%

Please keep visiting the polls as often as you can! Thank!

Glen Campbell Forums

Read More: 2015 Golden Boot Awards: Vote Now for Music Video of the Year | http://theboot.com/video-of-the-year-20 ... ck=tsmclip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

THANK YOU FOR VOTING, FANS!

Glen is directly behind by a tiny percentage and is now poised to forge ahead of Maddie & Tae. (as of May 25th, 4:15 AM ET):

"Drunk on a Plane," Dierks Bentley 15.93%
"I'm Not Gonna Miss You," Glen Campbell 29.43%
"American Kids," Kenny Chesney 7.41%
"Take Your Time," Sam Hunt 5.47%
"Bartender," Lady Antebellum 11.74%
"Girl in a Country Song," Maddie & Tae 30.02%

Keep on voting when you can. Much appreciated!

Dee