Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Discussion of the Week: Glen's 5 Most Underrated Songs

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
BobbieG

Re: Discussion of the Week: Glen's 5 most underrated songs

Post by BobbieG »

All great songs in the AXS list and the ones posted here.
THE LONG WALK HOME--the most underrated song and delivery by Glen after his Ghost On The Canvas album.

How about YOU MIGHT AS WELL SMILE written by Jimmy Webb?

I remember times when you held me
You'd freeze my spine
We were looking in the mirror at the time
I got confused and I thought your eyes were mine

,,,as only Glen can sing it.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Mike,
I agree, "Both Sides Now" is truly one magnificent example of Glen's talent as a song interpreter. He really gets to the core of that song, both lyrically and melodically. Without any vocal tricks or showing off. Perfection. "Today is Mine" is probably even a better entry in the top 5 of most underrated songs, because the song itself isn't that well known. For myself, I feel "The Last Time I Saw Her" also fits the bill. Brilliant song, brilliant performance, barely scraped the bottom of the charts when it was released as a single. From the Reunion album I would nominate "Adoration", a complex Jimmy Webb song which Glen makes sound so natural. From the later days, I have to agree with the writers about "These Days", a masterpiece of song interpretation. Glen's most recent release also contained a barely heard gem called "The Long Walk Home".

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hey Cowpoke,
I agree with "The moon's a harsh mistress" and "Today is mine". I also think Houston (I'm coming to see you) is another great cut, as is " I will be here" off his Somebody like that album and of course "Both sides now" to me is so special. I think Glen's vocal delivery is the best version of all time on this track.
Of course there are so many others.

Cowpoke

Discussion of the Week: Glen's 5 Most Underrated Songs

Post by Cowpoke »

On AXS.com today a list of Glen's 5 most underrated songs was posted. What we would love to know is, do you agree with this list? What is your top 5 most underrated Glen Campbell songs?

http://www.axs.com/glen-campbell-5-most ... ongs-56948" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...