Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Best of Glen Campbell on YouTube

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Glen Campbell on YouTube and Other Video Sites

Post by Dee »

How did you miss it, Cowpoke? hehe
The color promo for "Playground" is really special, isn't it? I hadn't known it existed until I saw this new upload. (Too bad "Revolver" had to put their name on it.)

Here's a new one from forum friend, Hair! What do you all think of this most mellow "Rhinestone Cowboy" performance? I have never heard one like it. It's sort of like a Lawrence Welk version. :)

Great interview (especially to hear Glen talk about being a Beach Boy) and solo performance of This Thing Called Love as well as an instrumental solo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzaMEWh ... ploademail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

How on earth did I miss this. The full color version of Glen's official music video of Where's the Playground Suzie?

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Randy

Post by Randy »

Very nice link Dee and well written, and it not only caught his attention but a slew of others as does this great upload does as you can tell by the comments. That one and the one with Ralph Emery where in my opinion he blows away in my opinion the best of the best, are my two favorites of Galveston.

Dee

Post by Dee »

It is awesome, Randy! Thank you for posting it again (and please keep on posting it from time to time!). :)

In this article hot off the press, its writer describes how this very same performance of "Galveston" impacted him:
One night while flipping channels, I came across a CMT special, "100 Greatest Songs in Country Music." Campbell's classic "Galveston" came in at number eight, and he performed the song along with Steve Wariner. He delivered a classic rendition with a sizzling guitar solo. The crowd responded with a standing ovation.

I still recall being blown away by the performance. In researching this column, I learned it came shortly after Campbell was arrested for drunk driving. He had struggled with substance abuse for much of his adult life, but that arrest seemed to finally put him on the path to sobriety.

"Galveston" became a song I listened to from time to time on my iPod and later iPhone. A few years later I added more of Campbell's songs, including another classic, "Wichita Lineman," and ..."Rhinestone Cowboy" (No. 32 on the top 100 list). I found a couple of his live performances on YouTube and periodically would watch them.

It might seem odd that someone whose musical tastes lean toward classic and Southern rock would like Campbell so much. But he's got a great voice, he's an amazing guitarist, and he sings some classic songs, many penned by the incomparable Jimmy Webb.
Read the full article at: http://www.the-dispatch.com/article/201 ... 5/0/search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Randy

Post by Randy »

I've been pretty repetive with this post but every time I visit it and read the comments it's almost like another legion of fans I get to encounter. This performance is AWESOME!!!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

No goodtimemattie, that song has not been posted yet. Glen sings it beautifully. Thank you!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
goodtimemattie

Post by goodtimemattie »

Don't know if this song is posted in this forum-but I just found it on YT-Glen's version endeared the song to me as a teenager so to find this now is especially meaningful and I can only pray that Glen's fans here will be as blessed and encouraged by it as I was

People don't know they're looking at soul-Ghost on the Canvas
goodtimemattie

Post by goodtimemattie »

May I add my thanks as well for posting the entire Farewell Tour concert from NJ? As with so many of you, I didn't get to attend a show, so this was a real treasure. Thanks again! :D

People don't know they're looking at soul-Ghost on the Canvas
Randy

Post by Randy »

And another one with a funny guitar lick I don't remember running across before. About the 1:02 mark

Dee

Post by Dee »

Outstanding shares, Randy.
Those rockin' live performances by GC on Austin Encore are really special. I had not seen those clips.
Especially loved the jazzy "Gentle On My Mind" performance and Glen's flying fingers on William Tell Overture -- and his interaction with TJ. TJ's talent doesn't receive sufficient recognition in general imo.
Great interview, too.
Thanks so much!
Dee