Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell Discography

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
robduloc

Re: Glen Campbell Discography

Post by robduloc »

Thank you, Dee,

The last post you submitted here is indeed the item that I am purchasing, there was one on amazon.com ffrom a seller in Utah going for 98 cents plus S&H, I chose the exact price from a seller in England, I usually receive their items in about two weeks by regular mail, it should come by the end of this week.

I can't wait to find out and share if it has any rarities, I do believe that it may be a product released by the Kruger Family, they appear to hold the rights to the Nelson Riddle sessions if I am not mistaken.

I post findings on amazon.com because they have some of the best search engines and software to go live, but it gets a little lonely, because there aren't very many forums I am drawn to like this community.

And there a lot of trolls and haters. All in the name of free speech or something.

That's why I am glad to have found you when I did, I am spending less time posting info on amazon.com and spending more time reading everybody's messages here!

Goodnight~

Three more days before my operation.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, Rob,

Is this the Wichita Lineman set you were asking about?
GC_Wichita Lineman_Import_Front CD Cover_GCF.JPG
GC_Wichita Lineman_Import_Front CD Cover_GCF.JPG (11.81 KiB) Viewed 6186 times
Probably not. This set has 2 CDs, not one. It has 44 song tracks. Perhaps you have an earlier release or a reissue?

Thank you for providing instructions for finding your awesome amazon database. I was looking for it this morning, but couldn't find it even though I visited it maybe a month ago? You must have read my mind!

Appreciate your recommendation of the Nelson disc. If I am not mistaken, we have some Rick Nelson fans on this community discussion board, too.

Dee

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

My list of songwriters for the Glen Campbell 64+ main albums and accompanying female singer songwriters failed to include Bobby Gentry Mornin' Glory....

I submit it now.

Take me there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

I once told Dee to try and do this, and now I would like to invite everybody.

Go to amazon.com and call up the page for the I'll Be Me Original Sound Track.

Scroll down the customer reviews until you see Rob Stoneman, that's my real family name and amazon.com profile user name.

Click onto Rob Stoneman and it will take you to my amazon.com profile, scroll down the page, I worked very hard to post reviews for 64+ Glen Campbell albums in chronological order.

The reviews don't have any personal spins, the headline states what year and number the album is among his 64 main album projects.

The text that I enter for the review is only the list of songs and songwriters in alphabetical order.

There are a handful of his albums that have not been remastered for compact disc yet, otherwise the review is for the compact disc version.

It really is quite a storehouse or wealth of information to be able to scroll down 64+ main Glen Campbell albums with the artwork on the front cover posted and headline telling what is its' chronological order.

It took around three months to post the albums in order that way, and another three to four months to edit them into a public database that everyone can pull up for free.

The database for the 64+ Glen Campbell main albums is probably over a hundred pages to print off.

You can find that database like I said before by clicking onto my amazon.com review for Glen Campbell My Hits & Love Songs and clicking onto the comment section.

You will find over 4 lists there, 676 songs and 530 songwriters 64 albums and ninety one 45 Singles in alphabetical and chronological order.

amazon.com knows that I volunteer my time and submit my findings publicly for free.

I only have a few more entries to submit this week and I should be done for the most part.

I also have the complete works of Rick Nelson posted the same way.

Click onto my review for his last main album Rick Nelson Playing To Win and then click onto the comment section to find my data base for his complete works

When Rick Nelson turned 21, he became close friends with Glen Campbell, at this pivotal time of his life, Nelson dropped The Jordanaires as Nelson's back up singers and turned to Campbell and a small group of friends to sing in their place, Campbell sang back up on Nelson's LP's for many years, their harmonies really have a way of complimenting one another, I highly recommend a compact disc called Rick Nelson Rick's Rarities that clearly displays this tight knit fusion of harmony and their love of music.

Rob~

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

I am not adept enough to do that, although I am a ninja when it comes to buying and collecting the complete works of an artist through the internet.

I have purchased the edited version of the Witchita Lineman Vol. 1-3, from a seller in England, the edited version has 44 songs, that is a lot for one CD, I am unsure if it the edited version has more than one, I will be waiting too see what I get or ordered.

That heading for the edited version says it came out in August 2014.

amazon.com does not have Wichita Lineman Vol. 1-3, their search engines show no results.

I do believe the edited version is available on the amazon.com MP3 store for around 8 dollars.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks, Rob--the amount of work you have done is tremendous.
You are a most dedicated fan.

Could you provide me with a link / URL to a picture of the compact disc Wichita Lineman Vol. 1?
I wasn't able to identify this compilation in order to scout out the year it was released.
Have a safe Memorial Day.

Dee

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

The database I created on the amazon.com comment section for my review of Glen Campbell My Hits & Love Songs took over 7 months and a 1000 hours to organize and post.

I hope to have it finished for the most part by the end of this week.

It's something like, 64+ main Glen Campbell albums, ninety one 45 Singles, 676 Songs and 530 Songwriters.

It was exciting to learn the Kruger's own the rights or properties Glen Campbell cut with the Nelson Riddle Orchestra, I'm trying to figure out how to enter those titles without the exact year, I guess that I can enter them into the database I created by stating they first appeared on the compact disc Wichita Lineman Vol. 1

Do you know what year that compilation was released. I'm guessing that I'm going to need to buy all three volumes.

Thank you

Rob

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

If you buy the compact disc Glen Campbell Live In Japan and Capitol Rhinestone Cowboy Deluxe Edition, you are in store for a real treat.

Live In Japan was recorded and released in the early 70's, the digital remaster is superb, right before track 8, Campbell explains that that one of the Four Tops wrote a song called Coming Home {To Meet My Brother), which Coca Cola picked up for Campbell to record as a spot, he laughs and explains the original version he recorded only took a couple takes, but the Coca Cola spot required over 22!

Tonight, I listened to the live version and Rhinestone Cowboy Deluxe Edition side by side.

I have to admit when it comes to live cuts and studio versions, they are some of his best recordings.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Rob, so much of your sorting is manually done then? This makes for a huge amount of work.

I use Microsoft Excel, and my spreadsheet is in need of a major clean-up. I also can't sort on it for now.

arlw, can I ask what type of database you use for your discography information?

Dee

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

....just what I needed... a smile!

The database I'm using is the info I stored in the comments section for my amazon.com review for the double disc Glen Campbell My Hits & Love Songs.