Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: Christmas Specials

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: Christmas Specials

Post by Dee »

Flashback: See Glen Campbell and Cher's Funky Duet on Holiday Staple

Rolling Stone reviews the December 21, 1969 Goodtime Hour show and highlights Glen's duet with Cher:
It's a toss-up whether it's Cher or Campbell who hits the highest note, but the real pleasure in this performance is the unbridled joy the two music legends share in singing together.
(Oddly, the review does not mention the new Christmas Specials DVD that includes this 1969 program.)

Watch the video of Glen and Cher's performance and read the article at: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20151203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Great review, Shelia!
I still can't get over Glen's sisters had not seen the Hank Williams album that their brother released!
Still haven't watched these two Christmas shows...trying to hold out for Christmas! lol

The Christmas Specials DVD is reviewed here by DVD talk: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/70143/gl ... cials-the/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting about the rarity of Blaze Glory included in one of the shows. Who knew?

Also, the author's (Matt's) "letter" to Santa:
Dear Santa: All I want for Christmas is peace on Earth and the complete run of The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour on DVD.
Matt must be a long-time Glen Campbell fan. :)

shelia6673

Post by shelia6673 »

Just got my DVD this week and watched it the night I got it. Brought back some really good memories. Felt kinda like I was 14-15 again and
watching it for the 1st time. Got to admit there were tears at 1st knowing that Glen would never be able to do this again and that if he saw this
he wouldn't know anyone. But did get involved, forgotten how corny some of those skits were, but then again Glen did always tell some corny
stories. But did enjoy seeing his parents & sisters. The sisters Sandy & Barbara are the ones I met in Branson at one of Glens concerts. They were
the ones going crazy over the Hank Williams album Glen did but you would have thought they would have had the same one. Anyway I'm sure I'll
enjoy these many more times. Hope ya'll do to

Dee

Post by Dee »

Buy another one, arlw! :lol:
Seriously...one to watch and a sealed one for down the road, just in case something should happen to the first one.
Glad you received your DVD today! Let us know if you decide to watch it "someday soon"!
Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

Dee,
I received MY DVD today--funny thing is Amazon shows a Wednesday delivery date for next week! And, it showed up today!! I love the artwork/photos/write up. The hardest thing I have to deal with now is, Do I open it and play it, or keep it sealed and BUY ANOTHER ONE!!! Have a great weekend everyone and I hope you all receive your DVD soon too! :D

Dee

Post by Dee »

I received the Christmas Specials DVD today!
Thought you all might enjoy a sneak peek of the photos on the back cover of the DVD case.
Decisions, decisions. Watch now? or Save it for the holiday season? :)

[Click on image once to enlarge viewing window.]
The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour Christmas Specials_gcf.jpg
The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour Christmas Specials_gcf.jpg (197.84 KiB) Viewed 6353 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

Just thought I would mention that if you are ordering The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: Christmas Specials directly from Shout! Factory (see below), the company also has Glen's "Duets" album on CD.
This is the link to their "Duets" webpage: https://www.shoutfactory.com/music/country-folk/duets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Released on DVD October 13th!

The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: Christmas Specials
GCGHChristmas.jpg
GCGHChristmas.jpg (23.13 KiB) Viewed 6400 times
EPISODE TITLES
1 The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: December 21, 1969
2 The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: December 20, 1970
Celebrate the holiday season with country music superstar Glen Campbell and his pals on The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour Christmas Specials! These episodes will deliver a stocking full of laughter, music, and holiday cheer for you and your family. Andy Griffith, Cher, Anny Murray, Mel Tillis, Jerry Reed, and others join Glen to perform a festive mix of pop classics and Christmas standards including:

"Wichita Lineman"
"Galveston"
"Gentle On My Mind"
"(Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay"
"Jingle Bells"
"The Christmas Song"
"Deck The Halls"
And many, many more!
Note: Region 1
Unable to ship overseas due to region restrictions

Source and info about pre-ordering: https://www.shoutfactory.com/tv/comedy/ ... s-specials" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

It's the first time complete episodes of The Goodtime Hour are being released on DVD. Let's hope there is more to come!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks for locking down this information, arlw and Cowpoke.
I believe the releases of these two episodes are truly groundbreaking!
There hasn't been a Goodtime Hour related release since 2007, right?
(Other than the DVD that was included in the Glen Campbell American Treasure Box Set. This DVD could not be purchase separately from the box set.)
Perhaps other Goodtime Hours will be released in the future.