Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: Christmas Specials

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: Christmas Specials

Post by Cowpoke »

A few more details about the upcoming DVD...
Two holiday-themed episodes of Glen Campbell's old variety TV show are headed to DVD this fall.  The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: Christmas Specials will be released on October 13.

The shows originally aired in December 1969 and December 1970, and featured a mix of sketches and musical performances.  Among Campbell's guest on the episodes were singers Anne Murray and Jerry Reed, and comedians George Gobel and Shecky Greene.
http://www.theqrocks.com/pages/21848858 ... d=17668758" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
arlw

Post by arlw »

Product Details

Actors: Glen Campbell
Directors: Various
Format: Color, Full Screen, NTSC
Language: English
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)

Number of discs: 1
Rated: NR (Not Rated)
Studio: Shout! Factory
DVD Release Date: October 13, 2015
Run Time: 90 minutes

GOOD NEWS IS THAT AMAZON NOW HAS THE CORRECT TIME ON THE DVD-I THINK THEY ARE WORKING OUT THE 2 PROGRAMS THAT ARE ON HERE, SO WITHIN TIME, THEY WILL BE THE SAME AS SHOUT FACTORY!

arlw

Post by arlw »

Thanks Mike. Glad to assist. Amazon . com is working really hard to get the correct info on their sight. I like the Shout Factory and being that's the same as Amazon is releasing, tbey will resolve it soon.

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Good work arlw, that is great news. It would be nice to see the full episodes instead of clips.

arlw

Post by arlw »

I just heard from the SHOUT Factory about this upcoming Christmas DVD of Glen Campbell---was curious as to why Amazon's running time of 46 minutes and NO LISTING OF WHAT'S ON THERE--- didn't match theirs which they have both shows and 90 minutes....Here is the answer--PROBLEM IS BEING RESOLVED!!!

The Amazon running time is in error. We’re working to correct it. The information on our website is correct.. Thank you for contacting us.

Regards,

Customer Service
Shout! Factory
2034 Armacost Ave., 1st Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90025
info@shoutfactory.com

arlw

Post by arlw »

Because there is a discrepancy between the times of these DVD's of Glen at Amazon and Shout-I contacted Amazon directly and here is their reply so I will follow through with this. I think the DVD IS 90 minutes. This is what they wrote:

Message From Customer Service

Hello,

I understand your concern and checked both links for you.

I have checked and see that the DVD on our website is also from the Shout studio. As you can see that the studio has not mentioned the details of this item on our website, so in order to avoid any confusion of misunderstanding, In my experience, the quickest way to have this issue resolved is to contact the Studio directly about the product information. Here’s their contact information:

E-mail address / contact form:info@shoutfactory.com / https://www.shoutfactory.com/contact" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am sorry that I was not able to assist directly, but I hope you can understand that we do not want to provide any wrong resolution to our valuable customers like you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

This email is from Amazon...

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Looks very interesting to me Dee. On http://www.shoutfactory.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it mentions a 90 minute DVD. However on amazon.com is says 46 minutes. In any case, I think it's very good news that episodes of the Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour are being officialy released on DVD again. The last time that happened was in 2006 with the Good Times Again DVD.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Glen-Campbell ... B0112HPUPE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Now available for pre-order on at least one online retailer's site!
Sneak peek of the DVD's front cover:

[Click on image once to open viewing window.]
GCGH_Christmas_gcf_b.jpg
GCGH_Christmas_gcf_b.jpg (51.16 KiB) Viewed 5525 times
Released by Shout! Factory (see: https://www.shoutfactory.com/music/musi ... s-specials" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Dee

Post by Dee »

Fingers crossed on the quality, Mike!

I have one holiday video of Goodtime Hour segments on VHS: "Christmas With Glen Campbell" featuring Anne Murray and with special guests Mel Tillis and Dom Deluise. It is only 31 minutes long.
(See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Camp ... n_Campbell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
The VHS tape shows up on ebay once in a while, and this is where I bought my copy. (In fact there is one listed now under "Christmas with Glen Campbell (VHS, 1997) Anne Murray, Mel Tillis, Dom Deluise!")
Some other fans may have this tape because it was sold in Branson. But I never got to Branson to the Goodtime Theatre.

On my bucket list: to see every GC Goodtime Hour and GC Music Show before I "kick the bucket"! :) Meanwhile, I am thrilled for all of us that the holiday shows from '60 and '70 will be released by Shout! Factory.

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

That is great news Dee. I hope the video quality is good, if not remastered. Its a wonderful thing to be able to re visit these times with Glen on top form. If Shout factory are releasing these DVDs I wonder if they will also release the main shows as complete seasons. Now that would be fantastic to build that collection.