Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Check Out This Link - Glen Campbell News on the Web

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
MikeM12

Re: Check Out This Link - Glen Campbell News on the Web

Post by MikeM12 »

Not sure if this was mentioned previously; David Cassidy posted this message of Glen on his website, the day after Glen passed. David's fans payed respect to Glen, from this post. David passed away 3 months after Glen, at a young age of 67.

https://www.davidcassidy.com/blog/glen-campbell/

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

This looks interesting... A Glen Campbell museum to be opened in 2020 in Nashville, TN. Let's see what happens!

https://www.glencampbellmuseum.com/

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Nice, detailed article about the song Rhinestone Cowboy, Glen's first number 1 hit on the Billboard Hot 100.
https://www.stereogum.com/2053672/the-n ... mber-ones/

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Fun article about the musical Mount Rushmores each state could make. Arkansas of course has the best...

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/201 ... -20190512/

dee2

Post by dee2 »

Cowboy Cookbook.jpg
Cowboy Cookbook.jpg (55.81 KiB) Viewed 10750 times
An oldie but goodie:

The All-American Cowboy Cookbook: Over 300 Recipes from the World’s Greatest Cowboys
"Real cowboys can ride, shoot, rope . . . and cook!"

Recipes from the well-known cowboys themselves. Also includes movie and television trivia, western facts, and rare photos. Written by Ken Beck and Jim Clark (1995) by Rutledge Hill Press, Nashville, Tennessee. This book can be purchased on new and used book websites for under $10.

Check out the recipe for "Rhinestone Cowboy Chili"!
Rhinestone Cowboy Chili_From the All-American Cowboy Cookbook as advertised.jpg
Rhinestone Cowboy Chili_From the All-American Cowboy Cookbook as advertised.jpg (98.44 KiB) Viewed 10750 times
"Come and git it!"
TRUE GRIT LOBBY CARD_MATTIE AND GLEN AT TABLE.jpg
TRUE GRIT LOBBY CARD_MATTIE AND GLEN AT TABLE.jpg (546.41 KiB) Viewed 10750 times

dee2

Post by dee2 »

Gabriel Solis, Painter.  Shared to Glen Campbell (official) by artist.  Not for Distribution.
Gabriel Solis, Painter. Shared to Glen Campbell (official) by artist. Not for Distribution.
July 2018 AY Magazine Illustration The Soundtrack of Arkansas-gcf.jpg (51.16 KiB) Viewed 10816 times

The Soundtrack of Arkansas
About You Magazine ("AY"), an Arkansas lifestyle publication
July 2018
By Caleb Talley | Painting by Gabriel Solis

"AY" celebrates a few of the most influential singers and songwriters born in the State of Arkansas!

AL GREEN, CHARLIE RICH, CONWAY TWITTY, GLEN CAMPBELL, JOHNNY CASH, ROBERT JOHNSON (-actually not born in Arkansas), ROBERT LOCKWOOD JR., and SISTER ROSETTA

The Natural State (Arkansas), though relatively small in size and wealth, is a behemoth when it comes to producing some of the most consequential contributors to our country’s music.

So many influential Arkansas singers and songwriters have played a role in the development of music as we know it. They’ve sewn themselves into the fabric of American culture with timeless melodies that have composed the heartbeat of a nation.

Suggested oversights as noted by GCF on the Net: Ed Bruce, Floyd Cramer, Lefty Frizzell (-Born in Texas, but moved to El Dorado AR when he was young), Billy Bob Thornton (who sings and writes in addition to acting and directing), Joe Nichols, Collin Raye, Tracy Lawrence, Levon Helm, Barbara Fairchild, Patsy Montana and many others.

The complete "AY" article is available online at:

:arrow: http://aymag.com/the-soundtrack-of-arkansas/

dee2

Post by dee2 »

Walk the Line & Save the Dates for next run of The Johnny Cash Show! The episode with Glen Campbell will air twice. It first broadcast on January 28, 1970, with Johnny, Glen, Carl Perkins, Marty Robbins and June Carter Cash. For the program schedule in your area, if applicable, visit: https://www.get.tv/

The Johnny Cash Show_getTV.jpg
The Johnny Cash Show_getTV.jpg (106.88 KiB) Viewed 10954 times

dee2

Post by dee2 »

Here's a short demo video I had created last year with some of my photos. It was recently added to our "Glen Campbell Forums" on facebook timeline for the page's cover video. I uploaded it to YT, too, for fans who are not on facebook. The YT description is posted below.

Comments are welcome here. Would you be interested in seeing a longer, similar video with more photos from the same exhibition? Is the slideshow too fast or just right? Thanks in advance.

These photos were taken of some of Glen Campbell's guitars and personal memorabilia displayed at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum (Nashville) in 2014, on special exhibition arranged in honor of Glen and the premiere of his documentary, Glen Campbell I'll Be Me, at the Nashville Film Festival held in April 2014.

Fans are grateful to Glen's family for loaning these items to the museum. We are most grateful to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum for honoring the Rhinestone Cowboy, Glen Campbell, in this most special way.

Song: "Gentle On My Mind" by John Hartford

Original Video Content (Short Loop Format)
c. D. Zink 2018 All Rights Reserved

"Gentle On My Mind" Music Rights / Monetization to:
Terry Eldredge, Glen Duncan, Larry Perkins, Terry Smith, Gene Wooten
Album - Your Own Set of Rules
Licensed by - Syntax Creative (on behalf of Pinecastle Records); Sony ATV Publishing