Check Out This Link & DebStewart1956's GC Pinterest page!

* REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL * 2017 CMA WIN! * PINTEREST * AND MORE

Re: Check Out This Link & DebStewart1956's GC Pinterest page

Postby Dee » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:16 pm

Hi Deb, thanks for keeping me straight!

Here is the link to DebStewart1956's Glen Campbell Forever Pinterest Page:

https://www.pinterest.com/alwaysandfo00 ... l-forever/

If this link doesn't work, please give me a shout! Thanks!
Dee :)
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Re: Check Out This Link & DebStewart1956's GC Pinterest page

Postby debstewart1956 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Dee there is no link, the one that is listed doesnt work. so i sent you a private message with the correct one that goes straight to his page!
for some reason this link that yal llisted does not work
thanks!
debstewart1956

Re: Check Out This Link

Postby debstewart1956 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:39 am

PLEASE check out my post here on this timeline called
Dedicated to Glen who stole my Heart! ( a heartfelt poem)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=561#p7371

Also check out
https://www.pinterest.com/alwaysandfo00 ... l-forever/
debstewart1956

Postby Dee » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:58 pm

Jane 'Dr. Quinn' Seymour Nurtures Her Lifestyle Brand
Investor's Business Daily
September 22, 2017

Jane Seymour shares projects under consideration. This one caught my eye:

I'm hoping to take our documentary on the late Glen Campbell's last tour and struggle with Alzheimer's and turn it into a feature film on his entire career.

Article: http://www.investors.com/news/managemen ... yle-brand/
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Dee » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:00 am

Original post from Glen Campbell Forums on facebook by Dee
September 22, 2017

Game, set, match! Forty-four years ago this week, Glen Campbell helped to “warm up the court” for the historic “Battle of the Sexes” tennis match with Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs held at the Houston Astrodome in Texas.

Hours prior to the big match, Glen swapped his guitar for a tennis racket to play in a pre-Battle of the Sexes tournament also held at the Dome with crooner Andy Williams, actors Robert Stack, Rod Steiger and Janet Leigh, and other tennis-loving Hollywood stars.

Glen is pictured here with world heavyweight boxing champion George Foreman before he (Foreman) presented the winner's trophy and a $100,000 check to the victorious Billie Jean King:

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/ten ... d813861546

~Dee
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Cowpoke » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:22 am

From an interview with indie rock singer-songwriter Damien Jurado...

Q: I understand Glen Campbell was a big part of you picking up a guitar. Why was he so inspirational?

Jurado: In the rock world, people go on and on about Jimmy Page or whoever it is being the greatest guitar player. All these years, I've thought, "Why are you not talking about Glen Campbell?" To me, he's the single best guitar player ever.

I've never heard another person play guitar like him in my life. When I got to see him play live, once in the mid-'90s and then on his second to last farewell show in Seattle. It was incredible. I'm not that much of a guitar head. ... He can play the most incredible guitar, and his voice is pristine. I've never heard that guy hit a wrong note. It's almost demonic. It's like, "Did you sell your soul to the devil because you're perfection."

http://newsok.com/woody-guthrie-helped- ... le/5563791
I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Postby Dee » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:14 pm

arlw, I bet you a million dollars that you added this item to your GC collection today! :D

Thanks for posting!
Dee
Site Admin

Postby arlw » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:05 pm

arlw

Postby Cowpoke » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:29 am

Great video you found there Randy. Thanks for posting!

Concerning the posts made by Dee and Mike about Glen and politics. I did research this subject quite a bit for wikipedia. In fact, both of you are right. Glen's formal stance during his commercial heyday (1967-1977) was non-political. He did perform for politicians but he did so for both Democratic and Republican candidates. In many cases, Glen knew the politician personally. Also, on The Goodtime Hour, he didn't want to get into politics like The Smothers Brothers did. Of course, Glen's personal political affiliation was probably always conservative. The thing is: he kept his musical career and his political preference apart. However, this changed around 1980. He then famously performed the national hymn with Tanya Tucker for the Republican National Convention. He performed at the inauguration of Ronald Reagan, and at rallies for Reagan's re-election in 1984. He did the same for Bush sr. in 1988 and 1992. During the Clinton era he repeatedly made fun of president Bill Clinton in interviews, making clear his wasn't a supporter of the former Arkansas governor. I believe Glen also performed in support of Bob Dole in 1996 but after that I don't think he was part of campaign performances for George W. Bush in 2000.

Still, even in the years after 1980 he occasionally performed in support of Democratic candidates on the state level. Again, I think these were cases were he knew the politician personally or liked that particular politician for some reason.

In one later interview Glen said he was never a straight party man, meaning he wasn't in favour of the Republican candidate by default. It was always a question whether he liked the person or not.

So in conclusion, to equate Glen with a staunch Republican is not accurate in my view.

Two last notes: 1) before he became really famous he was also more outspoken sometimes. Early 1967 he said in an interview that he was against the Vietnam war. I also think Glen released Universal Soldier because 1) he thought it was a good song and a potential hit and b) he was in fact against the Vietnam war. However, when journalists confronted him with the pacifist message of the song, suggesting it pleaded for draft evasion, he famously replied that draftcard burners should be hung. An exaggeration no doubt, but one that made clear that even though Glen was anti-war, this could never be translated into anti-patriotism.

2) Glen's political preferences never stood in the way he treated people with opposing views. His friendships with people like Jimmy Webb, Willie Nelson and Tom Smothers underline that for Glen, the personal always was more important than the political.
I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Postby Randy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:15 am

Randy

Next

Return to All Things Glen