Check Out This Link

* JIMMY WEBB * SESSION WORK * NEW ALBUM "ADIOS" * GLEN ON YOUTUBE * AND MORE!

Re: Check Out This Link

Postby Mike Joyce » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:43 pm

I'm not sure about that Dee, I wasn't born then. LOL
Seriously I would have to say yes. I think it has always been the way with a group of like minded musicians to get together play and do gigs at local clubs and pubs. These days they do their own recording and producing on computers.
I was with a friend the other day who has been in different bands over the last few decades and he is hot on computer systems. He can add a 100 overdubs to a song and make his keyboard sound like real violins etc. I was so jealous.
Mike Joyce

Postby Dee » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Yes, the child on the left does resemble Glen, Mike.
"Blowing out the community...." I love these stories, too, and thought this one was especially interesting from a garage band perspective (opening for Glen Campbell, no less!) and also the point about how music provided an outlet for these creative young men living in a rural area.
Can you imagine how they felt when opening for Glen?
Mike, were there garage bands in the sixties in the U.K., too?
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Cowpoke » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:45 pm

Of course Glen did perform in Prescott Arkansas before that. I think in 1948 during the Forest Festival in Prescott, with Uncle Boo!
I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Postby Mike Joyce » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:17 am

Hey Dee,
The young guy on the left looks like a very young Glen. I love these historical items. Good to see they are still being preserved.
Mike Joyce

Postby Dee » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:30 am

Cool article.....one of the few articles I have seen that reference Glen in Prescott, Arkansas!

“Would you guys like to open for Glen Campbell?”

http://www.arktimes.com/RockCandy/archi ... -love-1968
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Dee » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:55 am

Thanks, Mike, for posting that Glen and Kim celebrated their 32nd wedding anniversary on 25 October. This morning, I belatedly came across an article that mentioned that they had been married at the North Phoenix Baptist Church in Arizona and that Waylon Jennings sang "Amanda" at the wedding reception. I had not know that Waylon had attended and performed at this event. I wonder if other artists performed as well?

Following is a video link to a live performance of Waylon performing "Amanda":

http://youtu.be/-D9k6tylF8E

After listening to the lyrics of this song, I think I can understand why it was selected.

Read more: http://www.musictimes.com/articles/1346 ... z3HGXcND6E (25 October is a significant date for other artists, too--a particularly sad one for Glen's friend, Johnny Cash.)
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Dee » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:30 am

Thanks for that link, Cowpoke. It is nice to see Debby sharing photos from her personal collection and also memories of her with her Dad.
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Randy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:59 pm

Debby's facebook page is awesome. All those great pictures were great to view and and so glad she shared them. Some of my favorite times were watching Debby perform with Glen in Branson, Missouri.

Thx for putting up that link Cowpoke
Randy

Postby Dee » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:42 pm

Wow...how great is it that U2 is posting about Glen?
Thank you, Siblis.
Dee
Dee
Site Admin

Postby siblis » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:30 pm

siblis

PreviousNext

Return to All Things Glen ~ Dear Glen, Rest in Peace