Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Gomer Pyle LP?

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: Gomer Pyle LP?

Post by Cowpoke »

I have quite some files on sessions led by David Gates but I have not been able to find this one. Glen did play on some but certainly not all of them so the presence of David Gates as arranger is no guarantee for Glen to be on there as well.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
arlw

Post by arlw »

Cowpoke-Yes that is the LP--1965---still have nothing to back it up, do you?
Thanks

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Arlw,
do you mean this album?

http://www.discogs.com/Jim-Nabors-Gomer ... se/3966714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
rickv404

Post by rickv404 »

I wonder if Glen played on this Nabors tune -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPF7F5YopQs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

arlw

Gomer Pyle LP?

Post by arlw »

I received an email today from a longtime fan of Glen Campbell! This is what he wrote to me, but I couldn't find/locate anything to back this up....

I just noticed that the Columbia GOMER PYLE album ("You Can't Roller Skate in a Buffalo Herd") has the band run by Dave Gates. I think GC might be in that album lineup.

When searching for this album-it came out in 1965-the date is correct for Glen to possibly be in here but when I read the back of the jacket, there is no mentioning of Glen at all. It has Dave Gates from the group BREAD as the Arranger and Conductor. Also mentions that it was written by John D. Loudermilk, Roger Miller and many others. That's a Roger Miller tune anyway, but if someone else can find Glen in here, please post it. Thanks.