Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Poem about Glen

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Mike Joyce

Re: Poem about Glen

Post by Mike Joyce »

Well done Rcpoems. I just watched your video. Very moving and as Dee mentioned you picked up on Glen's musical highlights very nicely. Welcome to the forums and I hope you will share more of your thoughts with us in the near future.
Best wishes,
Mike

Dee

Post by Dee »

Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums, Rcpoems.
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful poem and how Glen Campbell (and "Galveston") inspired you to write it.
It is very moving to listen to; I appreciate how you included high points about Glen's career.
The last line in your poem really sums up "Galveston" as well as Glen's illness for me: "Why me? for what? why?"
Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thank you for posting about your tribute to Glen, RCpoems. And welcome on the Glen Campbell Forums!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Rcpoems

Poem about Glen

Post by Rcpoems »

I have been a lifelong fan of Glen's. His last video touched me as did his illness. I wrote about it and here pair that poem with an older one inspired by the Vietnam War and the song GALVESTON , which I have probably heard FAR too many times. Please have a look at this video tribute . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bL_EV9tXnM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;