Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Re: Latest News About Glen Campbell

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Latest News About Glen Campbell

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell Alzheimer’s Update: Country Legend in Stage 7, Can No Longer Speak
By Christina Vinson
The Boot
March 8, 2016
Kim, Campbell’s wife of 34 years, reveals in her latest public update that her husband is in Stage 7 of the disease and is no longer able to verbally communicate.

According to Alzheimers.net, Stage 7 is the final stage of Alzheimer’s disease; patients in this stage are nearing death. The site explains that those with Stage 7 Alzheimer’s “lose ability to respond to their environment or communicate. While they may still be able to utter words and phrases, they have no insight into their condition and need assistance with all activities of daily living. In the final stages of the illness, patients may lose their ability to swallow.”

Kim Campbell tells Studio 10 Live (GCF readers, please see the post below about this interview) that her husband is “healthy” and “content,” and although he’s lost the ability to communicate verbally and has severe aphasia, “he still understands the universal language of smiles and kisses, and he enjoys food.”

The country legend’s wife explains that the Campbell family’s faith and a positive attitude have gotten them through his difficult diagnosis. “Life’s made up of 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you respond to it,” Kim Campbell notes. “Our family chose to rally together in love and laughter and to support one another and try to make the best of each day and cherish every moment that you have together.”
Fans, thank you for continuing to keep Glen in your thoughts and prayers. To Glen's family and friends, please know that we are here for you and our love and thoughts are with you all.
--from all of us here on the Glen Campbell Forums community

Read the full article here: http://theboot.com/glen-campbell-stage-7-alzheimers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Re: Kim Campbell Talks About Glen and Alzheimer's

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell in Final Stages of Alzheimer's Disease
Country icon is living in a memory care facility, where he is unable to communicate
By Rolling Stone
March 8, 2016
Read more here:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20160308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and

Glen Campbell's wife Kim talks Alzheimer's on a visit to Largo
By Tampa Bay Times
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
"Glen is one of the first people who came out and lived with dementia before the public. It was his choice to do it. He was, I think, really brave. Now we've reached that stage where I am trying to protect his dignity."
Part of that process is not revealing the name of her husband's memory care community.
"It's hard sometimes for fans to understand," she said. "They still want access to him. We allowed that access for so long but now it's time for him to have privacy and dignity." -- Kim Campbell
Read more here:
http://www.tampabay.com/features/glen-c ... go/2268443" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Kim Campbell Talks About Glen and Alzheimer's

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell's wife comes to Studio 10 Live to talk about her husband and Alzheimer's.
WTSP / 10 News Tampa Bay Sarasota
March 7, 2016

If you missed this post from earlier today, you can find it here on our Glen Campbell Forum, Living the Legacy:

http://www.glencampbellforums.com/viewt ... =270#p5332" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please keep Glen and his family and friends in your prayers.

Dee

Dee

Re: Glen Campbell Update: Still Fighting!

Post by Dee »

Kim Campbell and Moments She Lives For (including how Glen is faring now)
November 6, 2015

http://lillypad.lilly.com/entry.php?e=8157" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi decoder,
Thank you for your comments. I hope you have many happy memories that you still recall. You sound like a man who has a few good stories I would imagine.
Best wishes,
Mike
PS I love the last picture of Glen by the fire with the guitar. Glen looks so contented.

decoder

Post by decoder »

As one who is 75 and fraying around the edges mentally, I was personally touched by by the doco. (Let's see, Mr. Johnson, charity, tunnel and one more. On a good day I'll recall it.)

My darling wife of 50 years and I found it on Netflix. Thanks for letting them use it.

We cared for her mom during her last years of Alzheimers. It was tragic and hilarious.

I never met Glen, although I worked a few floors above where he did many, many sessions in Studios A and D with Terry Melcher. One reason why I probably never met him is because he mostly worked in the middle of the night while I worked during the day.

For anyone who's looking for a good way to fight off Alzheimers, dementia and just garden-variety memory issues, I have found that memorizing Bible verses and chapters has helped a lot.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Here's the complete article online:
http://www.people.com/article/glen-camp ... ers-battle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
arlw

Post by arlw »

Keep The Faith Glen!

Got the People Magazine today--it wasn't available yet at Walgreen's/CVS so I went to the Grocery Store and they had it! It is the Nov. 2, 2015 Issue.....
I am Glad Glen is getting the care he needs once again and also grateful to all that are helping him through this very difficult time. Happy Anniversary Wishes to Glen and Kim-God Bless You Both!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks for sharing Dee!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
shelia6673

Post by shelia6673 »

yes it is so good to hear from Glen and how he's doing. I'm glad he's back with Brody as per Jimmy Webb he and Brody just
seemed to click. thanks Dee for the update