Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Discussion of the Week: How do you listen to Glen's music?

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Discussion of the Week: How do you listen to Glen's mus

Post by Dee »

P.S. YouTube never used to have that auto-play feature, did it? When I sign-in to YT, I have to turn off that feature, too, I don't think there is any way that YT can store this preference with your log-in info.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks, Randy. Now I understand how you are able to quickly find GC videos on YouTube that we are searching for such as the top live performances of "Wichita Lineman", the best live "Galveston", a specific interview with Carol Kaye, etc.
YouTube does offer a fuller experience in terms of both audio and visual (usually). A well-known streaming site offers songs, albums and videos (all the vids seem to be linked to YouTube!) but there doesn't seem to be any "rhyme or reason" for how one video or one song is selected over another. It's random.
It's all about personal choice including your preference for watching YouTube vs. television.
I bet those live performances were worth "every dime". Sometime I would like to read about the concerts that you attended.
Dee

Randy

Post by Randy »

Do you listen to full albums from beginning to end regardless of the medium (vinyl, CD, MP3, YouTube, on-demand using a streaming service or music site)?

A.. No I do not. Most of my listens are a song at a time on YT. Most of my listens are either live performances or a music video. Which coincides with most of my time is spent on a computer at home rather than a television. When I was young , I listened to full albums often, but always mostly repeated the songs, I liked best.

Or do you listen to Glen's music by song, shuffling your collection and mixing together individual songs from different albums (regardless of the medium) to create your own playlists?

A. Same answer

How do you listen to a live Glen Campbell concert album? Do you listen to the entire concert or choose specific songs?

A. Again, Same answer

In the vehicle, most of the time I am listening to sports radio.

Also when I am on YT, one of the first things I do is click off the auto-play feature. In the case of Glen Campbell, I probably spent more money on his live concerts than alot of people ever spent on recorded music in several years. I also bought alot of his music recorded mostly in CD format. Other than Glen, I haven't bought any recorded music in years.

Dee

Discussion of the Week: How do you listen to Glen's music?

Post by Dee »

A recent column in "the record" (NPR) addressed the topic "Does anybody even have time for an 80-minute album?" as well as how people are listening to music now, how today's artists want to present their music, the supposed death of the album, and more. The column got me wondering about how fans are listening to Glen Campbell music today.

Do you listen to full albums from beginning to end regardless of the medium (vinyl, CD, MP3, YouTube, on-demand using a streaming service or music site)?
Do you feel that the songs on an album "work together" and need to be listened to as a cohesive album?

Or do you listen to Glen's music by song, shuffling your collection and mixing together individual songs from different albums (regardless of the medium) to create your own playlists?

How do you listen to a live Glen Campbell concert album? Do you listen to the entire concert or choose specific songs?

Looking forward to your joining in on this current topic in the music industry. :)

If you would like to read the NPR column, here is the link to it: http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2 ... nute-album" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Glen Campbell_Vintage Radio Ad.jpg
Glen Campbell_Vintage Radio Ad.jpg (36.06 KiB) Viewed 2698 times