Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

GC Complete Capitol Christmas Recordings

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Mike Joyce

Re: GC Complete Capitol Christmas Recordings

Post by Mike Joyce »

I got the complete Christmas recordings just before Christmas and I must say it was great to listen to all the tracks. I loved new snow on the roof which I didn't know existed till last year. At the Christmas folk club I go to each month , I performed Little toy trains and No place like home, and they both went down well. Great tunes.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, Shelia!
Yes, the original album cover was really nice, and I wonder why the cover wasn't used again for Icon Christmas or this newest CD?!
Ha! I have not yet watched the DVD Christmas shows! What was it that Glen used to say? "Ah (I) been busier than a two-headed woodpecker!" That's me! :cry:
I will definitely watch it with my parents during the week after the holiday. I am especially looking forward to seeing Glen Campbell performing with his parents.
Have you watched the DVD? If so, what do you think of it?
Hopefully, the sales have been good for it; maybe other ((ALL)) Goodtime Hours will then be released!
Dee

shelia6673

Post by shelia6673 »

Hey Dee, the original Christmas album that Glen had had a different cover with him in front of a fireplace turned around to the camera, arms
crossed, white turtleneck sweater and his intitals GC on the neck. Really nice

Shelia T

ps have you held out on watching the DVD Christmas shows :D

Dee

Post by Dee »

ar, Real Gone Music has this CD on sale now for under $10 if you decide to purchase a second one. :)

Cowpoke, how can we find out if this compilation is on a Billboard chart? Amazon (US) is "temporarily out of stock" of this new album!

arlw

Post by arlw »

Dee,
I haven't opened my CD yet either! I guess I will have to buy another one as they are more valuable SEALED!! So, I will just have to get another!!! Thanks.
Ar

Dee

Post by Dee »

I received a copy this week, arlw! Haven't unsealed it to play. Have you looked at the booklet?
The sticker on the front of the jewel case reads: "18 Yuletide Tracks Spanning 22 Years!"
The picture on the back of the CD is super. I don't remember seeing this photo anywhere else.

[Click on image once to enlarge viewing window.]
GC Complete Capitol Christmas Recordings_back of jewel case.jpg
GC Complete Capitol Christmas Recordings_back of jewel case.jpg (77.86 KiB) Viewed 7259 times

arlw

Post by arlw »

Just FYI--The CD was in my mailbox so they are being shipped.....I love this CD

Dee

Post by Dee »

arlw asked me to post that the Christmas CD is now being shipped!
She expects to receive her copy today or tomorrow.

Looking forward to your review of it, arlw! As a re-mastered CD, the audio should be great. The booklet promises to be special!

Dee

Dee

Post by Dee »

arlw asked me to post that the Christmas CD is now being shipped!
She expects to receive her copy today or tomorrow.

Looking forward to your review of it, arlw! As a re-mastered CD, the audio should be great. The booklet promises to be special!

Dee

Dee

GC Complete Capitol Christmas Recordings

Post by Dee »

RELEASE DATE: 6 NOVEMBER 2015
Real Gone Music_GC Complete Capitol Recordings_Nov 6 2015.jpg
Real Gone Music_GC Complete Capitol Recordings_Nov 6 2015.jpg (333.01 KiB) Viewed 7324 times
Following is the text from the image above. This write-up provides a super introduction to this new CD!

The statistics concerning Glen Campbell’s career are staggering. Over 50-plus years in the music business, he has sold over 45 million records (and that’s not counting the tens of millions more he played on as part of the Wrecking Crew), accumulated 12 Gold albums, 4 Platinum albums and one Double Platinum album, and placed over 80 different songs on the Country, Pop and Adult Contemporary charts including such iconic recordings as “Gentle on My Mind,” “By the Time I Get to Phoenix,” “Wichita Lineman,” and “Rhinestone Cowboy.” Yet, among his massive body of work, it is his Christmas recordings that might just be his most beloved. Glen’s easygoing, conversational way with a song—and winning personality as seen by millions on CBS TV’s The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour—made him the perfect vehicle for Yuletide material both old and new, and thus his 1968 album That Christmas Feeling went to #1 on the Christmas charts and hit the charts three other times after that! But Glen (and his label, Capitol) weren’t done with seasonal fare; three more Christmas albums were issued under Glen’s name, each of which sprinkled new tracks in with songs taken from That Christmas Feeling. Now, for the first time ever, ALL of Glen’s Christmas recordings for the Capitol label have been gathered into one place on this Real Gone release, which includes the original 11 tracks from That Christmas Feeling plus seven more Christmas rarities for a total of 18 irresistible holiday favorites. Remastered by Mike Milchner at SonicVision, and featuring liner notes by Joe Marchese festooned with rare photos, Glen Campbell: Complete Capitol Christmas Recordings will remind you of just how great an interpreter of songs Glen was, and of just how vibrant a performer he was, too. The man’s spirit and legacy remain undimmed.

See Real Gone Music's official website for more information: http://shop.realgonemusic.com/products/ ... ordings-cd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;