Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

GC Complete Capitol Christmas Recordings

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by Dee »

Joe Marchese of The Second Disc provides a write-up about Glen's new Christmas CD, Glen Campbell: Complete Capitol Christmas Recordings.

Joe writes:
Remastered by Mike Milchner at SonicVision, and featuring liner notes by Joe Marchese festooned with rare photos, Glen Campbell: Complete Capitol Christmas Recordings will remind you of just how great an interpreter of songs Glen was, and of just how vibrant a performer he was, too. The man’s spirit and legacy remain undimmed.
Read more about this holiday album release at The Second Disc as well as other new holiday releases at: http://theseconddisc.com/2015/09/15/its ... -and-more/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(If you are a Sinatra fan, check out: http://theseconddisc.com/2015/09/29/per ... ecordings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as well as the Smithsonian's rare Sinatra release. -- Dee)

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

That is fantastic news. I love Glen's Christmas album and play it every year at Christmas. I have new snow on the roof on a vinyl album which a very good friend sent me. I fell in love with it right away so it will be nice to have them all together.

Dee

Post by Dee »

GC Complete Capitol Christmas Recordings_GCF_sm.jpg
GC Complete Capitol Christmas Recordings_GCF_sm.jpg (37.67 KiB) Viewed 2750 times
Sharing this exciting news that I just posted on Glen Campbell Forums on Facebook:

It's not too soon to start your holiday shopping! On November 6th, Real Gone Music will release for the first time ever all of Glen Campbell's Christmas recordings for the Capitol label on ONE CD!
It includes the 11 tracks from "That Christmas Feeling" plus seven more Christmas rarities for a total of 18 holiday favorites.

~~Some highlights~~

"New Snow on the Roof" (written by Bill Graham) has never been previously released on CD!
Remastered by Mike Milchner at SonicVision!
Liner notes (with rare photos!) by Joe Marchese, music reviewer for The Second Disc!

Tracks:

1. Christmas Is for Children

2. Old Toy Trains

3. Little Altar Boy

4. It Must Be Getting Close to Christmas

5. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

6. Blue Christmas

7. The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to You)

8. Pretty Paper

9. There’s No Place Like Home

10. I’ll Be Home for Christmas

11. Christmas Day

12. The Night Before Christmas

13. Silent Night

14. White Christmas

15. I Believe in Christmas

16. New Snow on the Roof

17. O Holy Night

18. The Christmas Song (1990 Version)

To pre-order soon and for more information, visit Real Gone Music's website!

http://www.realgonemusic.com/news/2015/ ... dings.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;