Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Any Trouble's New Song & Video: "Glen Campbell"

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by Dee »

Thanks for posting the actual Wichita Lineman picture sleeve, Mike!
I watched the video again this weekend, and now I understand the two pairs of eyeglasses on the table with the record sleeve.
The first pair were worn by the young boy. The video then quickly transitions to a pair of glasses that are presumably worn by the "grown-up" boy, now a man who still owns (and loves) the same record.
Perhaps these short frames of video also were meant to show that Glen Campbell continued to influence this person from youth to adulthood and it also prepares us for seeing him now as a musician himself.
I really love this video!

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Dee, I was going to mention that in my original post . That isn't the original cover or record. The Capitol singles were very distinctive on design. I think they used a 45 RPM single that they just happened to find at the time.The original was a picture of Glen as here appears on the Hey little one Album. See attachment
Wichitalinemansingle.jpg
Wichitalinemansingle.jpg (11.38 KiB) Viewed 4754 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

Mike, is that an actual Wichita Lineman record sleeve and vinyl record shown in the video?
Dee

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

That's a great song Dee, Yes it was like me finding a GC album while passing a shop. I have that song score as well. I bought it at a music shop years ago as well as MacArthur Park and didn't we, which has a great picture of Glen on the front which I believe is from Norwood.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Boy that is a really nice tribute to Glen. So sad he is not able to appreciate it anymore. Thanks for sharing Dee!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

ar, this is exciting news: the official video for "Glen Campbell" as performed by Any Trouble on their "Present Tense" album was released on November 27th, 2015 on Cherry Records.
The album or mp3s can be purchased on the site you found and also on amazon.com both U.K. and U.S. sites.
Thanks for the tip!
Dee

Look for these shots and others in the video (embedded below) that relate to Glen Campbell and also to one of his greatest recorded songs written by Jimmy Webb!
Any Trouble_Present Tense_GC-gcf.jpg
Any Trouble_Present Tense_GC-gcf.jpg (15.3 KiB) Viewed 4773 times
Any Trouble_Present Tense_2_GC-gcf.jpg
Any Trouble_Present Tense_2_GC-gcf.jpg (23.51 KiB) Viewed 4773 times

Mike Joyce, this song reminds me of you based on your post a few years back about happily discovering a GC album in a store local to you! :)

What do you all think about this song, fans?

Dee

Dee

Post by Dee »

Interesting ar! Thanks!

I found this album on amazon, UK and US. The UK listing notes that the "Glen Campbell" track will be "issued as a single in support of the album, with a stunning video to match".

UK fans, please keep us posted about this stunning video!

arlw

Post by arlw »

Here is another CD with Glen Campbell on it--I believe this CD has everything to do with the release of the Sagittarius record that came out in the 60's called "Present Tense" and Glen Campbell is on that LP-this is finally ALL on a CD. This is also imported and one of the tracks is called "Glen Campbell". For more info and the picture-here is that link: This is a United Kingdom release--all you fans in Great Britain, UK, London and etc., this is a great CD!

http://www.ccmusic.com/present-tense/5013929167032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Details

Title is below:

Artist: Any Trouble
Title: Present Tense [Import]
Genre: Rock
Attributes: United Kingdom - Import
Release Date: 12/4/2015
Label: Cherry Red
Product Type: CD
Catalog #: 2987437
UPC: 5013929167032
Item #: 1529072X