Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Surfdog Reissues Ghost On The Canvas/SYT on Picture Disc LPs

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
robduloc

Re: Surfdog Reissues Ghost On The Canvas/SYT on Picture Disc

Post by robduloc »

Thank you, arlw,

For your wonderful reply.

It means a lot that after 40 years of collecting, you are still adding and enhancing, well the... "BASIC"!

That is a really, really good price.

I am glad that I bought my See You There picture disc through a third party seller, amazon,com still needs a little more time to figure out when they will be getting more in stock directly through their warehouse...

Ghost On The Canvas is the album that made me drop what I was doing and work on buying everything by Glen Campbell, I am very pleased and satisfied with my choices the last 14 months or so, it is a big grocery list, Glen Campbell has a wonderful voice and incredible singing range for a Pop Star, has a good heart, nice to all his fans and one of the world's true great guitarist.

And yes, the singing and guitar work on GOTC is some of my all time favorite~

Have a wonderful morning*

Rob

arlw

Post by arlw »

Thanks Rob. The picture you are referring to is the same as I KNEW JESUS , but this happens to be a framed picture bought on ebay. I believe its an 8 x 10. That BASIC pd is quite rare. I got mine several years ago as none were in the US. Bought it from a dealer in Germany, and spent a little over 100 for it.

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Hi, everybody!

It is nice to learn a red vinyl Wichita 45 Single is affordable and down the pipeline for me.
As a longtime record collector, the internet has driven down market prices significantly used and new.

I am just wondering, in arlw's picture here isn't that a poster of I knew Jesus Before He Was A Star, and is it one of the first items you bought when you started your collection forty years ago, when did you get it and exactly what are some of the first items you found.

I think that I have mentioned that one of my first Glen Campbell souvenirs was the tiny soft single of Wichita Lineman that came out of a dispenser.

Many years later here I am collecting Glen Campbell picture discs, and yes, Dee managed to post a picture of my shrine, a first for me!

Does anyone know hown much the Basic picture disc is going for these days.

Dee

Post by Dee »

You are very welcome, Ar!
Did you see the photo of the red vinyl Wichita Lineman that I posted here today: http://www.glencampbellforums.com/viewt ... t=40#p5665" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Can't wait until you get yours! The quality of this reissue is top-of-the-line! Lineman, that is! :)
Dee

Rob, you described your collection so well that I can picture it in my mind. I enjoyed reading how thoughtfully you arranged your collectibles and how much you enjoy each and every one of them including their background histories.
The joy of collecting! Here ya go, Rob: The promo for "No More Night" is pictured here: http://www.glencampbellforums.com/viewt ... 5675#p5675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

I agree---after collecting and doing research and assisting others Globally over 40 years, I am also hanging onto my Glen stuff too! I know Debby is interested so I will keep her in mind for the future!!LoL I am proud and honored to have all that I have, all the times I met Glen and other fans--that is something you never forget!

On another topic--the red vinyl Wichita Linemen that is/was on sale on eBay for an outrageous shipping cost, is now available on Amazon.com! I mentioned it to my brother in Florida and he ordered one for me! The cost is 20.00 plus 4.00 that Amazon charges, plus tax!! Still cheaper than eBay and I have Dee to thank so a big thank you to you Dee for alerting me! I looked on Amazon about a week ago, and it wasn't there, but they still have some for those that are interested. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Wichita-Lineman-F ... ta+lineman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have a great weekend!

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Next to my copies of the The Super Stocks, De-Fenders and The Knights is my John Wayne Lunch Pail for Stagecoach with salt and pepper shaker, a present from my wife last summer, most welcome, and my paperback movie tie-in for True Grit.

My wife and Mattie complete the picture!

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

My son has a taken a shining to used vintage record stores, we like to make the rounds in the summer.

I have never seen one but it is my experience around here, an out of print original picture disc of Glen Campbell Basic would start around 870 dollars and go for as much 12 to 13 hundred dollars.

That is why I get real quiet when I shop around and see all the items in my day going for that sort of asking price, and know a good thing when I call up and see Glen Campbell GOTC & SYT picture discs for the price of a regular CD at some local retail chain.

I have a good idea who I am talking too here, I'm just saying, hold all your beloved memorabilia close to you, and never sell out!

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Thank you for clearing up Glen Campbell's official website still has picture disc copies of See You There for 20 dollars, it's where I encourage everyone to go, I will have to click onto your link for sure.

I first discovered Used Record Stores in my early 20's when I learned how to drive, they went for as low as 15 to 25 dollars at the time, that is early to mid 1980's, but I know how the used record store operates picture discs of Glen Campbell would start around 80 dollars, they know a good thing and when to mark up items.

In today's market they would start around a hundred dollars, and so I am glad to get such a good cut or break from the main distributor's, that is from all the sharks and bootleggers.

I am very fortunate to have these two picture discs in the process of being shipped out to my home right now, as you can see, I am very excited!

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

In return for Uncle Boo's Boogie I sent Dee a copy of the fold out picture sleeve for No More Nights on the Word Label.

She said that I didn't have to do that, both of us swear our single did not cost too much to buy, she did admit that she didn't have a copy of the No More More Nights single which pleased me to no end as a lifelong fan and collector, it's a nice fold out sleeve of Campbell, I'd loved to see the cover posted some time and as an avid church goer, have the message stick, Jesus help combat the shadows and defeat death, a source of comfort I'm sure for believers and Campbell's family.

Glen Campbell GOTC & SYT Picture Discs... Father's Day In May!

Go, Surfdog*

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

WAIT! WAIT!!!!!!

My little Glen Campbell Ghost On The Canvas makeshift shrine, not to be eclipsed by anyone.

In the center of the V-shaped shelf are three of my favorite 45 singles, staggered like a stack of magazines at the doctor's office.

The top one being the vintage picture sleeve of True Grit sung in Spanish, purchased last summer on the Spain amazon.com music department website

And the ultra-rare B Side to Bobby Gentry & Glen Campbell All I Have To Do Is Dream/Walk Right Back 45 single with vintage picture sleeve, along with Diane Solomon & Glen Campbell ultra-rare singles and picture sleeve made in Great Britain, purchased last summer on the UK amazon.com music website.

Boy, I have one thing to say about the Gentry/Campbell 45 Single, the producers really pushed up Campbell's vocal, it's a little embarrassing to hear his label mate pushed back in the mix, if you want to get the balance right listen to the originals by the Everly Brothers!

Doy* (although, I did hear Elvis used to produce and help mix his records and treated them like a work of art only to give the masters to the Colonel who, according to Lisa Marie sent them to New York where he pushed up Presley's voice to the front of the mix, much to his artist's discord, unnecessary shameless promotion.

The Gentry/Campbell Single did help to generate some more excitement after the album's initial release and climb up the charts, Great Britain love their Country/Pop music, that's for sure, it must be incredible to play at all the old music halls in England to warm loving reception.

The last 45 single is a gift Dee sent me in the mail, Uncle Gene "Boo" Campbell, she said that she got to talk to one of his relatives and by the sound of things only a couple thousand were pressed, to hear Dee was engaged with one of Uncle Boo's family is just as precious, thank you, Dee.

I needed to say that the shrine I mentioned in my last post doesn't stop there.

On the top shelf above the Rhino Monkees box sets is a working library Son Of Flintsone and the Glen Campbell forums help me to assemble last year, I couldn't have done it without your help, hunting down titles to Glen Campbell's back history, planning and budgeting monthly on a custodian's salary, old broom pusher, that I am, or "Rock & Roll Janitor"... A RECORD COLLECTOR'S DREAM

Unopened and affordable compact disc versions of:
(1). Glen Campbell Billy Strange Howard Roberts The 3 Big Guitars
(2). The Super Stocks Surf Route 101
(3). The Super Stocks Shool Is A Drag
(3.) The Super Stocks Thunder Road
(5). John Severson Presents Sunset Surf (Jimmie Haskell Conductor)
(6). The De-Fenders Drag Beat
(7). The Knights Hot Rod High
(8). Mr. Gasser & the Weirdos Hot Rod Hootenanny
(9). The Gene Norman Group Dylan Jazz

(10). Sagittarius The Blue Marble
(11). Sagittarius Present Tense

(12). Glen Campbell The Early Years (feat. ultra-rare 45 singles Girls and Once More)
(13). Glen Campbell Here I Am (the first time I got to hear Buzz Saw, Annie Had A Party and Winkie Doll, a rush to buy and own for the first time)

A veritable microfiche or catalog of vintage West Coast early to mid-sixties recording sessions before truly striking out on his own.

I have a number of ultra-rare Glen Cambell vinyl instrumentals but I keep them in the living room next to the phonograph so, as you can see... when enshrined... Glen Campbell Ghost On The Canvas... from top to bottom...

Chanticleer rules the roost!

Thank you again, for all your recommendations, awesome.